Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post

(By the way, I'm a Pom, so I should be allowed to boo, it wasnt my relos, they paid for their bread!)

The government have said sorry, tried to make amends, and yes, there is a long way to go to fix the damage and the hurt, but just when does the 'sins of the father' end?

You Poms were a blood thirsty lot too :D... And go back far enough we all have a history of violence .... But it's a part of history that you can't change you just know not to repeat it .

It ends when people ACCEPT that apology and get on with it

White people invented the grenade, and used it to rid the world of Nazis.
What culteral significnance did it hold for Jetta on the weekend? Had nothing to do with indiginous round. So we agree that Jetta is a racist then?
*sigh*

What a load of s**t

The booing started a fair while after Goodes pointed out that girl. You swans fans are making this about racism and its ******* pathetic.
Like it or not, the booing is perceived to have a racial undertone. Perception is everything, and continuing to boo whilst fully aware of this perception means you're OK being associated with it.

The media love this stuff. This s**t sells papers and airwaves.

Starting race wars, getting the boos to increase, trolling bogans...it's amazing

This x 1,000,000

It is weapons of mass destruction AFL style

Has there actually been an overt act of racism? Or are we still going with the vibe.

Presumably Essendon are still using the whole countries PR resources because Goodes, Jetta and Gil has made a complete balls up of this. Unless this was Goodes intention.

Like it or not, the booing is perceived to have a racial undertone. Perception is everything, and continuing to boo whilst fully aware of this perception means you're OK being associated with it.
"I accept that some people boo because they're racist but I'm not a racist but I still want to join in with the racists and boo him"

This thread, basically.

So than why did the swans fans boo James Hird in round 1??? Was that because he has blonde hair???

Such racist

You really need to ask that question? How about your coach was involved in an "alleged' doping program where players were injected with unknown substances while singlehandly ruining the image of the code and his own club all while acting like the victim. How many times has he been booed since? Does he get booed everytime he walks onto the field at quarter time? Doubt it.

Again. Nice try. You've offered zero.

Gillon, Bucks and Roosy are wrong, the booing isn't racially motivated. It's tall poppy syndrome motivated.

As much as I hate seeing Goodesy being booed, I hate the PC police who need to class this as being something racist..

Fans should be ashamed for booing anyone (unless they caused a great menace to society).
Are you aborginal

Or have many aborginal friends ?

It's your perception. I'd say the bigger public perception is that he is booed because he is a knob head.

No one gives a s**t what you think is what they should be doing. Sorry to break it too you.

"I accept that some people boo because they're racist but I'm not a racist but I still want to join in with the racists and boo him"

This thread, basically.
Or maybe it's the people that don't like him for what he did that boo him and the racists join in ?

Seems to me the booing started some time this year
Now I may be clutching at straws here, but pretty sure Goodes was indigenous before that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or maybe it's the people that don't like him for what he did that boo him and the racists join in ?

Seems to me the booing started some time this year
Now I may be clutching at straws here, but pretty sure Goodes was indigenous before that
Yes but the last few years he's become much more active and outspoken. Perhaps he was fine beforehand because he kept his head down. Now he's daring to speak his mind and how DARE he?

You Poms were a blood thirsty lot too :D... And go back far enough we all have a history of violence .... But it's a part of history that you can't change you just know not to repeat it .

It ends when people ACCEPT that apology and get on with it
Ain't that the truth!

That's the other thing.

Goodes is the only one who can actually do anything about it - having other people talk in his behalf won't help.

Crowds are effectively trolling now. They know it has an impact, and it annoys the establishment, so they do it.

Goodes needs to come out, remove racism as an issue in it, and invite people to boo him - soak it up, tell people it makes him play better and fire his team up - and it'll slowly stop.

Agreed.

I wish Goodes would turn the whole thing on its head and say "boo me more, I love it".

Reckon like what you have said, that's the way to bore the crowd into stopping. (the other way of pleading/demanding the crowd stop is an approach that just won't work).

Do you know Australia's real History

Ok no everyone

Aboriginal massacres occurred ....
Yes
They did - and it's a terrible dreadful part of the history of many many peoples all over the world

I didn't do it though - I am not responsible

Yes but the last few years he's become much more active and outspoken. Perhaps he was fine beforehand because he kept his head down. Now he's daring to speak his mind and how DARE he?
He has every right to

As do the public have a right to reply as they see fit

Maybe they don't like being told your white, your a racist. Cos basically, that seems to be his stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back