Opinion The Adelaide Board Politics Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the whole point of this is you have conflicting statements from the president and the secretary of state...how will Taiwan feel? what does china think about it all - does it embolden them to see the US not consistent. Its a shambles
If China invades Taiwan (which is unlikely in the short term) I don't believe the US will do anything. It's all just rhetoric that they would do something. Biden also knows his bribes from CCP would stop.

The CCP would be happy. Happy CCP, Happy OGC. Has a rhyme to it.
they wrote a book about people like that

9781781129692.jpg

Its massive Tin foil hat. China has made it known for years even when Trump was in office, Taiwan is Chinese Territory and they want it back. They are willing to start world war 3 over it too. Biden was just unlucky China escalated the issue. But there is no way China would ever listen too the USA regarding taiwan and its kind of pathetic people want to play politics with this for political gain in the USA
I doubt any US leader would be all that keen to allow China to take over the island as long as TSMC exists. That would be handing one of the world's most advanced semi conductor manufacturer's to their geopolitical rival. Would be a massive strategic blunder. If it comes to war, I think one of the first things that happens is those fabs go up in smoke.

I don’t know why it’s so hard for proponents of the voice to outline the scope of decisions the voice will apply to and which decisions it won’t.

I think that’s the biggest reason that any reasonable person would vote no.

Actually I do know why they aren’t doing it. They either haven’t worked it out yet or if they have, they don’t want to piss anyone off for the scope being too broad/narrow.
Im so far removed from the day to day discussions of it, being im living in Portugal. I think it has the premise of being an outstanding idea. Give indigenous people a consistent voice in parliament is long overdue. But the current political climate of an extremist left political movement by some politicians I feel the voice is just going to become a dictatorship where people will be accused of racism left right and centre if they dont follow blindly the directions of the voice. For me I'd vote no based on this alone.

I doubt any US leader would be all that keen to allow China to take over the island as long as TSMC exists. That would be handing one of the world's most advanced semi conductor manufacturer's to their geopolitical rival. Would be a massive strategic blunder. If it comes to war, I think one of the first things that happens is those fabs go up in smoke.

China already occupy Taiwan through the military. The USA dont run world politics. Its really the same as Ukraine being seen as an annexed state by Russia. Doesnt matter what stakes the USA has, its not going to start a war over Taiwan. Its just not. There is no strategic blunder. Its basically the USA staying in its lane.

Im so far removed from the day to day discussions of it, being im living in Portugal. I think it has the premise of being an outstanding idea. Give indigenous people a consistent voice in parliament is long overdue. But the current political climate of an extremist left political movement by some politicians I feel the voice is just going to become a dictatorship where people will be accused of racism left right and centre if they dont follow blindly the directions of the voice. For me I'd vote no based on this alone.
I think the important part of this discussion is the sentence "give indigenous people a consistent voice in parliament". What does this entail and how is this going to be different from the current situation where by extension are we to believe that they have no voice in parliament? At the end of the day a voice sounds like a lot more expense to the taxpayer but what assurance do we have that this money will be spent wisely and have a long long lasting effect on indigenous lives as opposed to woke virtual signalling that will achieve nothing other than making the lefties feel better about themselves while the taxpayer foots the bill.

How do you know that. Comey refused to investigate further. The FBI were in bed with her from a long way back. As for it being republican led house etc, they had no idea how corrupted the FBI were..they do now

Mens-Rea - they have to prove that and as legal eagles have said, that will be a very very high bar, nay nigh on impossible to prove (*caveat being a corrupted jury / judge)
Mate Trump had 2 years, where he had control of the Housse , Senate, and DOJ and had his own head of the FBI, Trump and his MAGA supporter tried hard to get Clinton
Even non-maga Republican legal begals agree there was not much in it to warrant an indictment,
But that is all a distraction to the current issue. it is a giant but look over there and people are falling for it.
Trump is in trouble with re-documents and using the defence of what about Clinton Biden and Pence will not work in a court of law.

No matter how you argue Trump is in big trouble,
Read the indictment,
By the way it is highly likely there will be a 2nd indictment coming regarding Documents in Bedminster, You mate Trump cannot keep his mouth shut and keeps doing himself in live on TV.

Just for Info when you do manage to read the indictment.
The levels of security by the Dept of Energy. is different to what the Pentagon uses, the top level, is beyond the President's power to declassify. FRD is what they use to allow certain areas of the Pentagon and the president access to the documents, generally in a SCIF these are still highly secret documents and the president does not have the power to declassified.
And the Dept of Energy Document handles all of the Nuclear secrets.

I think the important part of this discussion is the sentence "give indigenous people a consistent voice in parliament". What does this entail and how is this going to be different from the current situation where by extension are we to believe that they have no voice in parliament? At the end of the day a voice sounds like a lot more expense to the taxpayer but what assurance do we have that this money will be spent wisely and have a long long lasting effect on indigenous lives as opposed to woke virtual signalling that will achieve nothing other than making the lefties feel better about themselves while the taxpayer foots the bill.

A consistent voice to me would be defined as having a representative in parliament to voice concerns in an educated manner on all the day to day issues that can and may affect communities. This isnt going to happen though. I feel the media will make them front and centre and the woke will take control of the narrative. If the USA is any guide, id bet any money reparations are will be asked for within the first 12 months.

lol - he is just articulating what it seems the majority of the USA are feeling - considering latest polling shos a majority of people believe the targeting of trump is partisan political
Mate read the Polls correctly and break them down the Swing voter the Youth and military voters are deserting him, there is a reason a lot of Repluciuan are starting to turn on Trump.
And it's the wing Vote that will determine the president its the wing vote that will determine the House and Senate, and predictions are heading to the Dems controlling both the House and Senate. If the Replucian Lose the Senate in 2024 they will struggle to get it back until 2030 min.
look ahead and see how many seats are up for grabs in each election year.
Anyone who supports the Replucuan party should be alarmed by what is happening and I mean with the Swing, Youth and Women Vote.
And why is the Youth vote essential, It the most significant growing group in US politics, and will affect outcomes for the years to come. and they are Voting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said I have no issue with credible info being revealed.

So you are concerned that if it is revealed and shown Biden is corrupt it will put dems off voting for him?
So you are in fact saying that you believe dems hold their own leader to a higher standard than MAGA do their leader?

Do you have any issue with Trump being held to account?

And as you have brought up bribes, could we discuss how Trump refused to reveal his tax records for 6 years and then when they were revealed they found the stormy money and foreign bank accounts including China, during his Presidency.

Any comments about that?
1687258712473.png

Mate read the Polls correctly and break them down the Swing voter the Youth and military voters are deserting him, there is a reason a lot of Repluciuan are starting to turn on Trump.
And it's the wing Vote that will determine the president its the wing vote that will determine the House and Senate, and predictions are heading to the Dems controlling both the House and Senate. If the Replucian Lose the Senate in 2024 they will struggle to get it back until 2030 min.
look ahead and see how many seats are up for grabs in each election year.
Anyone who supports the Replucuan party should be alarmed by what is happening and I mean with the Swing, Youth and Women Vote.
And why is the Youth vote essential, It the most significant growing group in US politics, and will affect outcomes for the years to come. and they are Voting
no chance..you totally omit the impact a certain 3rd party green rep Cornel West will have assuming he does not pull out, RFK is going to throw a big spanner in the works of the dems and they will try and lurch as far left as they ever have

As for polls- I do look at them and I see that independents are fleeing the democrats. Couple that with some of the black vote that will flow to Cornel West (the Ross Perot of today)

Mate Trump had 2 years, where he had control of the Housse , Senate, and DOJ and had his own head of the FBI, Trump and his MAGA supporter tried hard to get Clinton
Even non-maga Republican legal begals agree there was not much in it to warrant an indictment,
But that is all a distraction to the current issue. it is a giant but look over there and people are falling for it.
Trump is in trouble with re-documents and using the defence of what about Clinton Biden and Pence will not work in a court of law.

No matter how you argue Trump is in big trouble,
Read the indictment,
By the way it is highly likely there will be a 2nd indictment coming regarding Documents in Bedminster, You mate Trump cannot keep his mouth shut and keeps doing himself in live on TV.

Just for Info when you do manage to read the indictment.
The levels of security by the Dept of Energy. is different to what the Pentagon uses, the top level, is beyond the President's power to declassify. FRD is what they use to allow certain areas of the Pentagon and the president access to the documents, generally in a SCIF these are still highly secret documents and the president does not have the power to declassified.
And the Dept of Energy Document handles all of the Nuclear secrets.
Filing to dismiss is going to come based on prosecutorial malfeasance - trying to bribe a lawyer to testify against Trump

These hyped up partisan political charges have already been pulled apart by people much more versed in the law than you and me..but I guess you don't want to read that because it works counter to your take on things

Ol democrat hitman Jack Smith has a very chequered past and not a great record when it comes to the supreme court where it is all likely to end up

no chance..you totally omit the impact a certain 3rd party green rep Cornel West will have assuming he does not pull out, RFK is going to throw a big spanner in the works of the dems and they will try and lurch as far left as they ever have

As for polls- I do look at them and I see that independents are fleeing the democrats. Couple that with some of the black vote that will flow to Cornel West (the Ross Perot of today)

And I’m surprised you trust any polls at all since your embarrasing faux pas about the midterms.
You basically need new sources.

The bribes china paid joe was money well spent it seems...from china's end

Just curious Do you know which president oof the US made the Most Money from China while they President
you obviously failed to read the article below that twitter post

On Sunday evening, President Joe Biden made headlines when he asserted in a 60 Minutes interview that the United States would come to Taiwan’s defense if China were to launch an unprovoked attack. His embrace of strategic clarity, however, was not his most notable comment on Taiwan, since this was the fourth time that Biden has articulated such a commitment. Instead, the comment that will raise more alarms in Beijing was Biden’s statement that “Taiwan makes their own judgments about their independence…that’s their decision.” While this comment might seem innocuous, it would mark a significant shift in U.S. policy.
Let's remove the Politics on this one, as does not matter who is in Charge.
The US and its allies will defend Taiwan, Treaties, Stoping China Expansion, and Support a Democratically elected Government, there are many reasons why. including Finical and Electronic Chip markets.
In order for China to take Taiwan it first needs to remove the US threat which means bombing the US base In South Korea, Japan and the Philippines, bringing those nations into the battle. and the European Union which has several agreements and treaties about the first strike in non-threatening Countries

Albeit there will not be much support from South Korea due to the need to what North Korea,

Filing to dismiss is going to come based on prosecutorial malfeasance - trying to bribe a lawyer to testify against Trump

These hyped up partisan political charges have already been pulled apart by people much more versed in the law than you and me..but I guess you don't want to read that because it works counter to your take on things

Ol democrat hitman Jack Smith has a very chequered past and not a great record when it comes to the supreme court where it is all likely to end up

Mate there is a lot of good articles out there highlighting why the reasons you stating will not work, From very prominent Replucian Legal people look them up.
Jack Smith has done his homework on this,

And I’m surprised you trust any polls at all since your embarrasing faux pas about the midterms.
You basically need new sources.

oh..its a fun game when the republicans gained the house in the mid terms

You are trying to argue..oh, you guys were going to beat port by 10 goals, but you only ended up beating them by 3 - so in reality port won

Mate there is a lot of good articles out there highlighting why the reasons you stating will not work, From very prominent Replucian Legal people look them up.
Jack Smith has done his homework on this,
To the contrary, the people spruiking the charges have had them pulled apart by very savvy legal people..its a bit like swiss cheese

Mate Don't care about the Dems, Just Saying if Trump is the Republican Ticket then he will not win and the Republicans will lose the House and Senate, any other Republican would stand a big chance against Biden and could regain the Senate and Hold the House.

Rogan himself is fine.

The issue I have with him is his preference to give equal weight to sides of a debate that clearly have unequal evidence to support them.

I don't think he does this with malicious intent, I think he does this because it sells.
Because no matter how poor the evidence is behind something, provocative fringe views attract more viewers and $$$ than the 50 millionth person repeating whatever the prevailing consensus is on a particular topic. Boooring.

Is it interesting to hear the ideas of people on the extreme fringes of science or political ideology? Absolutely.

Should these ideas be presented as though they have equal weight to ideas which 99% of robust scientific literature support? No chance.

Imagine you have in the red corner, a fringe conspiracy theorist who doesn't understand the science but is very charismatic and/or forceful in their argument, up against (in the blue corner) a mousey scientist who spends their days in a dark laboratory and isn't great at public speaking but who actually knows what they're talking about.

There is risk in this scenario that less intelligent viewers, or those who aren’t adept at interpreting scientific research etc, won't be able to discern between right and wrong.

This is how these conspiracies grow their base. Particularly so in the age of social media where, now that every dickhead in the town square has a megaphone, they can take off like wildfire.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back