No Oppo Supporters The ASADA Thread... from a Tiger perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is all just speculation, and nothing can be proven unless Dank receives a subpoena. If your allegations are true, I find it hard to believe they would not have been raised amidst all the media speculation of the past 3 years. Not to mention, Essendon themselves would have scrambled for this information to ease the pressure on them, as it would help explain the total absence of any documentation.

Given all that is known about the case, I think my reasoning is more plausible. Essendon officials must realise their pathetic wordplay in the media any time they are asked 'do you know what went into the players bodies' is increasingly damaging opposition fans perception of their club.

The medicare was raised in the media very early on

edit - link (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...r-possible-medicare-fraud-20140616-3a8nk.html)

"Federal and state investigators have gathered evidence implicating Stephen Dank in wide-scale Medicare fraud and forgery, a development that could see the former Essendon and Cronulla sports scientist face criminal charges and a possible jail term.

Victoria Police detectives and Medicare investigators have interviewed witnesses and obtained documentary evidence that allegedly shows Dank forged and photocopied doctors' signatures to refer patients to pathology clinics in Sydney and Melbourne."

The involvement with OMC's was what triggered this whole mess. Dank was under surveillance due to his clinics being part owned by the bikies, and the understanding they were being used as a front for distribution of controlled PED's to the public. It was that surveillance that lead to the EFC information in the ACC report. It was also in this surveillance that 12 non-EFC players were seen by the ACC to be visiting Danks clinics (that has also been conveniently forgotten in the "kill hird" frenzy)

The only part that was speculation was him skimming from EFC

The medicare was raised in the media very early on

edit - link (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...r-possible-medicare-fraud-20140616-3a8nk.html)

"Federal and state investigators have gathered evidence implicating Stephen Dank in wide-scale Medicare fraud and forgery, a development that could see the former Essendon and Cronulla sports scientist face criminal charges and a possible jail term.

Victoria Police detectives and Medicare investigators have interviewed witnesses and obtained documentary evidence that allegedly shows Dank forged and photocopied doctors' signatures to refer patients to pathology clinics in Sydney and Melbourne."

The involvement with OMC's was what triggered this whole mess. Dank was under surveillance due to his clinics being part owned by the bikies, and the understanding they were being used as a front for distribution of controlled PED's to the public. It was that surveillance that lead to the EFC information in the ACC report. It was also in this surveillance that 12 non-EFC players were seen by the ACC to be visiting Danks clinics (that has also been conveniently forgotten in the "kill hird" frenzy)

The only part that was speculation was him skimming from EFC

I will take you at your word this has hovered about for some time, but that article is dated June of last year which is fairly recent in terms of this scandal.

Dank committing fraud is not mutually exclusive from the potential that PEDs or unsafe substances had been injected into Essendon players either

It may be entirely circumstantial evidence, but the 20+ soft tissue injuries the Bombers sustained in 2012 points at least to them receiving something out of the ordinary. One could argue that by definition of having an entire playing list breaking down, this mystery elixir was not safe to their bodies structurally. No one in their right mind would buy that their soft-tissue crisis was a spate of bad luck.

This story doesn't at all help perception of the Bombers innocence. If anything, it plunges further speculation into fraudulent record keeping and unethical medical practices taking place at the club during this time

I will take you at your word this has hovered about for some time, but that article is dated June of last year which is fairly recent in terms of this scandal.

Dank committing fraud is not mutually exclusive from the potential that PEDs or unsafe substances had been injected into Essendon players either

It may be entirely circumstantial evidence, but the 20+ soft tissue injuries the Bombers sustained in 2012 points at least to them receiving something out of the ordinary. One could argue that by definition of having an entire playing list breaking down, this mystery elixir was not safe to their bodies structurally. No one in their right mind would buy that their soft-tissue crisis was a spate of bad luck.

This story doesn't at all help perception of the Bombers innocence. If anything, it plunges further speculation into fraudulent record keeping and unethical medical practices taking place at the club during this time

The article was the most recent I could find, I figured you wouldn't trust me with anything older or not from the age)

I have never said it means no PED stuff is going on, what I said is he is a s**t more scared of jail and bikies raping him with pit bulls, than he is of being banned from footy

If he cooperates even in a small way with asada, anything he releases to support his case will be handed over to the Feds, and they may be able to use it to support theirs

Which would you rather, a ban from sport or jail?

The article was the most recent I could find, I figured you wouldn't trust me with anything older or not from the age)

I have never said it means no PED stuff is going on, what I said is he is a s**t more scared of jail and bikies raping him with pit bulls, than he is of being banned from footy

If he cooperates even in a small way with asada, anything he releases to support his case will be handed over to the Feds, and they may be able to use it to support theirs

Which would you rather, a ban from sport or jail?

I would rather neither... besides this question is totally irrelevant to the discussion because we can only speculate on Dank's motives.

If your theory is true though, then Dank could still not produce the records, but could tell us unambiguously what he gave the players verbally - he hasn't even done that!

Besides, it is still totally unconscionable that Essendon would (a) not keep their own records, and (b) allow for players in the custody of their care to be given substances that they have no knowledge or information about.

I would rather neither... besides this question is totally irrelevant to the discussion because we can only speculate on Dank's motives.

If your theory is true though, then Dank could still not produce the records, but could tell us unambiguously what he gave the players verbally - he hasn't even done that!

Besides, it is still totally unconscionable that Essendon would (a) not keep their own records, and (b) allow for players in the custody of their care to be given substances that they have no knowledge or information about.

Why would he say anything verbally? Unless he has a photographic memory, there is no way he can remember exactly what he gave and to whom. It may open the door to him acknowledging he does retain records (which we all believe he has), which he cannot though given he has signed a stat dec saying he doesn't

You then have the moral question. He doesnt give a stuff about the players, I think everyone agrees on that. He used them as research subjects, and that is the extent of the relationship. I think it will be a cold day in hell before he comes down and helps one of them.

On the last, Ive been vocal on this very issue. It was insane that one person selected the supps, approved them, bought them (from himself), managed inventory, gave them to the players, and managed record keeping. All those functions should have been with separate staff. Any supp should have had an internal file, showing vetting as safe, and sign off from Dank, the GM of footy ops, and the doc, with copies retained by all three. All supps should have been in a secure medical storage, with only medical personnel permitted access. All stock movements must be individually logged (down to batch code), and every application with a player must be recorded with day, time, dose, batch code, supp, and player signature. This record is stored with the doc, with permitted staff allowed access only.

This is what I think should be the standard at any professional footy club. Its why I was happy with the Ziggy report, happy they got slapped because of it, but remain pissed because I doubt most clubs (including ours) have anything close to this. I hope I'm wrong, but the messages ive heard from club land are not great

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ASADA not appealing.
They got away with it. They have achieved what I thought impossible and covered their tracks so well, that I actually have to stop and think about whether it was well done or not.
The tribunal hearings (on them and Dank) were nothing but shambolic messes. Corruption of the highest order.
it's up to us now, the rest of the footballing public, to continually remind this scum of a football club that they are drug cheats and that no amount of kangaroo court or paper shredding can hide them from it.

ASADA bypassing the AFL appeals Tribunal and handing it over to WADA, (ie: they are not appealing ) smart move by ASADA, they know the AFL appeals tribunal would be a waste of time.

ITS WADA TIME, if WADA decides to go ahead and appeal and they have 3 weeks from the 22nd I believe then Essendrugs and the AFL will be shitting bricks as they can no longer control the situation.

ASADA bypassing the AFL appeals Tribunal and handing it over to WADA, (ie: they are not appealing ) smart move by ASADA, they know the AFL appeals tribunal would be a waste of time.

ITS WADA TIME, if WADA decides to go ahead and appeal and they have 3 weeks from the 22nd I believe then Essendrugs and the AFL will be shitting bricks as they can no longer control the situation.
My bet is they've already been paid off with money and prostitues

Not that surprising that they got away with it. AFL was always going to pull out all stops to cover it up.
Football supporters aren't fools and know Essendon took drugs.
Dude, ASADA are not appealing because they know the AFL appeals tribunal WONT overturn the verdict, so they let the deadline run out and then let the international umpire take over where it is out of the corrupt AFL's hands.

Remember ASADA and WADA would have spoken about what is the best course of action in taking this further.

it is a disgrace. basically the Tigers can take performance enhancing drugs and get away with it, if the AFL tips us off before ASADA test our players and we just delete the records....its ******* disgrace. I love my club to much to walk away from the game but I now have ZERO confidence in the AFL to administer a fair and equal competition.

Dude, ASADA are not appealing because they know the AFL appeals tribunal WONT overturn the verdict, so they let the deadline run out and then let the international umpire take over where it is out of the corrupt AFL's hands.

Remember ASADA and WADA would have spoken about what is the best course of action in taking this further.
nekminnit wada wants nothing to do with it

Sounds like they're stuffed reading this from Ben Mcdickhead

“I am conscious that ASADA does not have a direct right of appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport and the only appeal avenue open to ASADA at this time is to the AFL Anti-Doping Appeals Tribunal.

“I am also aware that appealing any of these decisions within the AFL framework would ultimately serve only to delay consideration of these matters by the World Anti-Doping Agency.

“I have therefore arranged to provide the entire case file encompassing all 35 matters to WADA for its independent review.

“This is in accordance with global anti-doping protocols. WADA will then be able to make an independent decision as to whether to exercise its appeal options.

“ASADA will support any WADA initiated appeal in relation to these matters.

“In the interests of transparency, I would welcome the fullest possible release of the Tribunal’s findings and reasons on all of these matters.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back