Game Day Tigers v Blues Rd1 at the G

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That snap around the corner kicks for goals that JR8 started at our club infuriates me more then anything when they miss.

Especially when they are straight in front. Its lazy as crap.
Yep and one of the culprits is gone

Toranto excellent, Hopper needs to work into the season after injury last year. Mancell not looking the answer but the obvious replacement in Ross didn’t instill confidence,
Ross forever my whipping boy, just a good VFL player that guy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch this game compared to last year and the first thing you will notice is our midfield is really competitive. We didn’t give up goals from centre clearances which was effectively what killed us last year. As soon as the rest of our team clicks we will dominate.
agreed. I saw our major weakness completely reversed tonight. 6 goal win was curtailed by impossibly bad offense which is our strength. we get that right and fmd we'll do some damage.

Balta well beaten but I have to admit that Harry mcKay is a pretty good contested marker.
Miller and Mansell still looked like they feel like the new kids on the block and tend to be very conservative with their disposals.
Miller was desperately looking for an easy pass off before he eventually went for the shot and out on the full.

Not criticisms, just observations.

Our crap forward 50 s**t entries piss me off, but I also hate it when we force a turnover coming out of their defensive 50 and stuff around with sideways passes instead of smacking it straight back in while they are in attac king instead of defending mode.

Watch this game compared to last year and the first thing you will notice is our midfield is really competitive. We didn’t give up goals from centre clearances which was effectively what killed us last year. As soon as the rest of our team clicks we will dominate.
Spot on mate. That's what I noticed. Taranto is a jet. Meatball and Hopper will be better for the run. Cotch did alright but what got me excited was Dusty looking really sharp and threatening all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back