No Oppo Supporters The ASADA Thread... from a Tiger perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole thing is nonsense on stilts. EAD James Hird, your still saying you've done nothing wrong so how bout we inject your kids with unknown substances. Nonsense on stilts IMO nonsense on stilts

Surely you can weave Hampson into nonsense on stilts, somehow? or did I just do it?

ASADA gathered evidence after its joint investigation

ASADA counsel Tom Howe, QC, has contended the anti-doping body could yet re-use information taken from the joint investigation – primarily the transcripts of interviews – within 24 hours, even if Justice Middleton rules the joint investigation was illegal.

Among hundreds of pages released, Hird’s affidavit – through the AFL charge sheet used to suspend him for 12 months for bringing the game into disrepute – reveals the side effects he had from self-injecting the tanning drug Melanotan II in 2012. He allegedly had been given the drug by former Essendon fitness chief Dean Robinson. ‘‘In about October 2011, Hird received, on club premises, vials of Melanotan II and syringes from club high performance coach Dean Robinson,’’ the charge sheet states.

‘‘Robinson instructed Hird how to self-administer injections of Melanotan II. Hird was aware that Robinson asked Hird no questions about his medical history prior to providing Hird with the Melanotan II and gave no advice to any potential adverse reactions to the substance.

‘‘Hird made no adequate inquiries as to the substance he was being advised to inject himself with.

‘‘Following his self-administration of injections of Melanotan II, Hird suffered significant side effects. It made him very sensitive to the sun, he developed a pronounced tan, and moles on his body started to change colour. Hird was very worried about the significant side effects.’’

These side effects were not disclosed on a redacted version of the charge sheet distributed in August last year.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...-its-joint-investigation-20140814-1048dy.html

Last edited:
Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts. Nonsense on stilts.

I'm sorry, but it had to be said.

ASADA gathered evidence after its joint investigation

ASADA counsel Tom Howe, QC, has contended the anti-doping body could yet re-use information taken from the joint investigation – primarily the transcripts of interviews – within 24 hours, even if Justice Middleton rules the joint investigation was illegal.

Among hundreds of pages released, Hird’s affidavit – through the AFL charge sheet used to suspend him for 12 months for bringing the game into disrepute – reveals the side effects he had from self-injecting the tanning drug Melanotan II in 2012. He allegedly had been given the drug by former Essendon fitness chief Dean Robinson. ‘‘In about October 2011, Hird received, on club premises, vials of Melanotan II and syringes from club high performance coach Dean Robinson,’’ the charge sheet states.

‘‘Robinson instructed Hird how to self-administer injections of Melanotan II. Hird was aware that Robinson asked Hird no questions about his medical history prior to providing Hird with the Melanotan II and gave no advice to any potential adverse reactions to the substance.

‘‘Hird made no adequate inquiries as to the substance he was being advised to inject himself with.

‘‘Following his self-administration of injections of Melanotan II, Hird suffered significant side effects. It made him very sensitive to the sun, he developed a pronounced tan, and moles on his body started to change colour. Hird was very worried about the significant side effects.’’

These side effects were not disclosed on a redacted version of the charge sheet distributed in August last year.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...-its-joint-investigation-20140814-1048dy.html

Clearly, the bloke wasn't aware of the other virility methods out there. Geez..things we do for our wives.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been following this from an outsider looking in perspective. I haven't read absolutely every article about the whole saga but as the court case proceeds one thing has become ultimately clear. James Hird only cares about James Hird. I hate Caroline Wilson with a deep passionate rage but I have to swallow my hatred to say she has written some truthful arguments about this matter in relation to Hird. He seems to be going down a route of claiming no wrong doing by himself but wrong doing of the Club staff, wrong doing of the AFL and wrong doing of ASADA. I do not know what delusional world Mr Hird lives in but he does not seem to accept that the duty of care of the playing group will ultimately fall to him.

With the program that was carried out in 2012 only two scenarios seem likely to have happened, and neither look good for Hird;
1. He knew what was going on and he authorised it. He knew that the boundaries were going to be pushed and he was willing to risk his players welfare to get an edge on the competition.
2. Is that Hird was completely ignorant of the dealings and what was happening to the player. It was all carried out behind his back and he genuinely knew nothing of what was going on.

For my mind, scenario two is the worst one here. If Hird genuinely was ignorant to the entire proceedings then that is not only a grievous breach of his duty of care to the players, but it is also a giant failing in his role as coach of the playing group. When Richmond were in bad form this year, Damien Hardwick rightly said that the "buck stops" with the coaches. He was completely right. The coaching staff should know the ins and outs of each individual player and if Hird did not know what was being injected then he failed in his roll as mentor and coach.

From watching this court case roll around I think it maybe fair to say it seems that Essendon are starting to get sick of James Hird and his egocentric ways. What I believe would be the right thing to do for that club is to have the board members call in the leadership group and have a discussion about the players want. Then there should be a blind vote as to whether they keep Hird or sack him.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/th...es-mark-robinson/story-fndv8gad-1227027337628

THERE’s a logical — and somewhat brave — answer to what Essendon does with Mark Thompson next year.

Make him co-coach with James Hird.

That’s right, two coaches.

Suspect the immediate reaction to such a suggestion is no. It can’t be done. It’s never been done. It can’t work.

They’d be the glass half-empty cheerleaders.

Don’t look for the reasons to say no, but find the reasons to say yes.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wonder if Hird came up with this pearler or if Mark had a moment of drunken inspiration while searching for a slice of pizza that got lost in his couch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back