The Ashes

Remove this Banner Ad

Very noticeable how much better the English bowlers performed when you look at the scorecard and Australia scored 11 leg byes v England 1 leg bye. My word Broad & Co made that ball swing and cut.
I've felt the bowling has been good enough to take 20. Its 100% the batting.

The scary thing is I cant really see much coming through at all in the short to medium term. One player with a sound technique that in my opinion hasnt been managed properly because of the obsession with dingus batsmen with s**t techniques like Warner, Maxwell even Smith etc is Usman Kawaja. For young players like that you probably see this attack attack attack mentality so you change your technique to be more attacking and end up doing more harm than good.

This apparently directive to flatten Australia wickets by CA looks like a terrible move as well. But nothing will change because test cricket just doesnt make money.

Tried to leave the comments last night... Never have I been so disgusted or missed players that were willing to play stodgy boring cricket for hours and get the odd single. Where has the toughness and grit gone?

Dropping marsh for marsh? Stupid. Absolutely baffled. Never have I been so disgusted with our national team. Suddenly Lehman doesn't look so hero like either.

Anyone got any idea of what our top order is worth in $ terms? These guys are suppose to be the elite of Australian cricket and between them can't rake up 100 runs. Bet they still put their hands out and take the money. Time for a clean out.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

The scary thing is I cant really see much coming through at all in the short to medium term. One player with a sound technique that in my opinion hasnt been managed properly because of the obsession with dingus batsmen with s**t techniques like Warner, Maxwell even Smith etc is Usman Kawaja. For young players like that you probably see this attack attack attack mentality so you change your technique to be more attacking and end up doing more harm than good.

This apparently directive to flatten Australia wickets by CA looks like a terrible move as well. But nothing will change because test cricket just doesnt make money.

I'm only a casual follower of Cricket these days, but something in that I reckon. The attack first sound technique second approach works a treat when things go your way on flat, bat friendly wickets etc. and at lower levels, but it gets shown up when the requirement is to grind out a fighting reasonable score in tougher conditions against quality.

Warner averages 47 in test cricket and is one of the few batsman who makes runs in difficult conditions like dodgy tracks and 2nd innings. He's the least of our problems.

Warner averages 47 in test cricket and is one of the few batsman who makes runs in difficult conditions like dodgy tracks and 2nd innings. He's the least of our problems.

Couldn't agree more. Last night he was one of the few wickets that I felt was genuinely unlucky: Received a great ball facing his first which is horrendous enough let alone with the added burden of seeing 2 wickets fall in the first over at the other end. He's boorish but he can do the job in most conditions so you have to forgive his brain snaps when we're a long way on top.

Smith on the other hand has been seriously found out. 3 times in a row has gotten out to nothing balls passing safely over 2-3 stumps outside the off.

. Go look at his record. 39 away from aus, when you take into 2 100s are in SA where traditionally conditions are Australian like. s**t gets worse and when you take into account that his only other away 100 is on a pitch that the pakis got 450 in theor first innings its not that impressive. IMO Warners success is a false economy.

. Go look at his record. 39 away from aus, when you take into 2 100s are in SA where traditionally conditions are Australian like. s**t gets worse and when you take into account that his only other away 100 is on a pitch that the pakis got 450 in theor first innings its not that impressive. IMO Warners success is a false economy.

I'm perhaps a little more negative in how I reached my conclusion: I still think he has more upside than what most have shown even taking that into consideration

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone got any idea of what our top order is worth in $ terms? These guys are suppose to be the elite of Australian cricket and between them can't rake up 100 runs. Bet they still put their hands out and take the money. Time for a clean out.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Clarke was reportedly raking in about 6 mill in 2013. So, yeah truckloads, for sweet * all really.

Just can't be happy about "sending off" Clarke and Rogers with an innings win in a dead rubber :(

Long live the wackiest ashes I can remember. T20 is really starting to have deep affects on test series now.

Good call. Our batsmen (Rogers aside, cya mate) have no concept of knuckling down and grinding out long stays at the crease.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back