The best teams at NOT going back to back

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong are literally the most successful club of the 21st century and have won more flags than your Tiggies. Are you writing your own history again?
And you could’ve won 0 and you’d brush it off like water off a ducks back. It’s sad, PB himself has said it.

And you could’ve won 0 and you’d brush it off like water off a ducks back. It’s sad, PB himself has said it.
I've never said anything of the sort. Regardless most successful team in your lifetime is Geelong, and for all the talk about premierships you've seen Geelong hoist the cup more often than your Tiggies. That's the source of the ring sting I bet.

I've never said anything of the sort. Regardless most successful team in your lifetime is Geelong, and for all the talk about premierships you've seen Geelong hoist the cup more often than your Tiggies. That's the source of the ring sting I bet.
Considering you won’t ever see a better Geelong team again that’s not something to be proud of. In fact it’s quite damning. You’re in the middle of a 40 year drought again and you don’t even know it.

Considering you won’t ever see a better Geelong team again that’s not something to be proud of. In fact it’s quite damning. You’re in the middle of a 40 year drought again and you don’t even know it.
Well we've won a flag more recently and have better prospects than Spud Road, so do tell what your crysal ball says about Richmond's drought.

Maths not your strong point? how can you be in the middle of a 40-year drought after 1 year? please explain

Maths not your strong point? how can you be in the middle of a 40-year drought after 1 year? please explain
English not your strong suit? It’s pretty concerning that neither you or the other cats supporters liking your comment know “in the middle of” can also mean this…

Attachments

• IMG_0050.png
    IMG_0050.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 22
English not your strong suit? It’s pretty concerning that neither you or the other cats supporters liking your comment know “in the middle of” can also mean this…
Does that also mean you are in the middle of your next suspension or your multitude of accounts for the year?

He’s a cats supporter they have to do a personality check to see if they don’t care about flags enough to be a member. It’s not in his nature so I wouldn’t bother.

Wait...did we stop being the most successful club of the modern era?
You guys only become relevant a couple years ago and you've gone back under your rock just as quickly as you appeared.

Imagine saying to the highest win % team that has won more than pretty much any other club for the past 30 years that they DON'T "care about flags" ??? Coming from a supporter of a club that has literally won less in the same time period??? HUH?

Can someone explain how that makes sense?

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Yeah I would. Because ultimately who the f**k would scratch their eyes out over grown men chasing a little oval ball around a field like you do. Go and get yourself suspended again mate.

Fortunately I don’t really have to worry anyway because my team has been the best of the last quarter century and the second most successful of the entire AFL era so even if my life force WAS tied to it like yours is, it wouldn’t matter, but ultimately my outlook on life simply isn’t that pathetic.

You guys only become relevant a couple years ago and you've gone back under your rock just as quickly as you appeared.

Imagine saying to the highest win % team that has won more than pretty much any other club for the past 30 years that they DON'T "care about flags" ??? Coming from a supporter of a club that has literally won less in the same time period??? HUH?

This is the basis of his argument:

Because I’ve explained to him quite clearly numerous times that while I’m very happy to watch my club hoist trophies more than any other side apart from Hawthorn, the order in which we do it does not bother me as we don’t get a bigger trophy for doing it in any particular sequence, and he seems unable to deal with this: he has tried to tell me that there is a way you ‘HAVE’ to feel about winning.

So I pointed out to him that it’s a game played by people I don’t know for a prize I don’t get to be a part of or keep, and that I don’t contribute to in any way any whatsoever.

So at the end of the day, it doesn’t mean Jack s**t anyway. Yes it’s fun and entertaining but it’s not like watching your son take their first step or something.

And he doesn’t seem to be able to let it go, even after yet another account gets suspended for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does that also mean you are in the middle of your next suspension or your multitude of accounts for the year?

Like I said you could’ve won zero and still been this arrogant.

So far the Pies look awesome at NOT going back to back
Shouldn’t be in the convo for one of “the best sides” though.

Averaged 9 goals across finals last year, and won through by a couple of kicks.

Maybe one of the worst premiership sides we’ve seen in the last 25 years.

Last edited:
We often talk about the great dynasty teams etc which can get very boring as it’s obvious who they are

My question is a little more nuanced - which teams are the best NOT to go back to back?

I’m going to start with Hawthorn 2015. To this day it shits me.

What are your thoughts/examples?

Hawks 2012 is the one

Shouldn’t be in the convo for one of “the best sides” though.

Averaged 9 goals across finals last year, and won through by a couple of kicks.

Maybe won one of the worst premiership sides we’ve seen in the last 25 years.
Worst team who did NOT go back to back? Strapping Young Lad - you are rubbing salt into the wounds and it is most unbecoming of you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back