The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me laugh how quickly the average liverpool fanbase have turned on Mo. The bloke scored 40+ goals last season

He just needs to refocus. That shoulder injury threw him plus going into Russia 2018 unfit. Could do with a rest mid week then unleash him on City.

I would play Hendo / Keita/ Gini myself personally when everyone is available. Lallana for Gini if he rediscovers his 2016/17 form. You just need to have that player that cleans up at the base of the midfield and gets the ball to your attacking players who can run all day and Hendo is that player for us.

What a strike by Sturridge!

I'll take a point away to Chelsea! A really tough place to go, so to come away from there without being beaten is a good result for me. It was a cracking game of football played between two really top sides. Chelsea will definitely be around at the point end of the season. They are playing really well under Sarri.

We can still play so much better though. Huge couple of games coming up now.

As for the Hendo debate, right now he's not in our best midfield. Gini and Milner have been in fantastic from and for me, Keita should be the third man in midfield. He offers so much more through midfield than Hendo does. Wij can play the 6.

Oh and I loved Hendo's passion when he was substituted. He's a pretty good leader. He was frustrated that the team was still losing 1-0 and he could no longer effect the game. But then he ran off quickly because he didnt want to waste any time and then when he gets close to the touchline, he revs up Keita and then gives Klopp a hug.

Yeah he's mad about coming off and wants to stay on but he took the substitution very well and led from the front with his actions. He's a good captain.

I also noted once Hendo and then Milner was taken off, the armband went to big Virg :hearteyes:

Is it just me or is there bad blood between us and Chelsea? I just get a bad vibe with them, ever since Abramovich bought them.

At least with Everton, there's the derby rivallry, with United there's the long term rivallry, and the mutual respect, eg both clubs have had tragedies in their past, LFC gave support to United after the Munich disaster etc, but with Chelsea, I sense nothing, just a bad vibe. Heaven forbid another tragedy hapoened to the club, every other PL club would offer support except Chelsea, that's the feeling I get with them. Be it the several champions league matches we've had against them, the FA Cup final in 2011 (or 2012), them trying to buy Gerrard, Torres transfering to them or Mourinho's go slow tactic in the game where Gerrard slipped, i just get the feeling there's no love/hate relationship, no commonality and no respect between the two clubs, it's like a cold bucket of oil and water. I could be wrong but it's what I have always sensed since Abramomich bought them (mind you I barely knew they existed before Abramovich bought them ).

Anyway I thought the game changed when Hendo was subbed. If Klopp wants to start and sub Hendo for that impact effect, sub him sooner. Sturridge honestly what a lad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That had to be one of the worst performances we have put in in a long time. I'm stoked to come away with a point after that crap. If that midfield plays together against City then we won't score unless we get lucky on the counter. They offer absolutely nothing going forward and the constant sideways crap is infuriating. When we are in front or the front 3 are playing well, the midfield is fine. In games like that snore fest, they are a liability. Naby has to start every game now and he really should have come on 20 minutes earlier. For as much as everyone is saying how poor the front 3 were, Robbo had just about his worst game for the club too.

As Studge was shaping to hit that I basically yelled "don't" at my screen. I'm glad nobody listens to me.

Thoughts on the 1-0 loss, RossFC?

Are you going to do this every time he scores? I never doubted his talent.

I did doubt his fitness when he was unable to replicate a 20 goal season for 5 years due to injuries and was sent to West Brom where he went goaless for that loan spell and got injured 2 minutes into a match.

Yes.

You were relentless about him last season, taking digs at every opportunity. It's only fair.

What digs?

I only recall weighing up if we should keep him or sell because his injuries have hurt him to the point that Origi has outscored him the last 4 years. I never said he’s a crap player like Moreno for example.

Are you going to do this every time he scores? I never doubted his talent.

I did doubt his fitness when he was unable to replicate a 20 goal season for 5 years due to injuries and was sent to West Brom where he went goaless for that loan spell and got injured 2 minutes into a match.

People never learn when it comes to Sturridge.

We're not even a quarter of the way into the season, he can easily pick up an injury that puts him out for 3-4 months like many times in the past, which is what people criticize him for.

People never learn when it comes to Sturridge.

We're not even a quarter of the way into the season, he can easily pick up an injury that puts him out for 3-4 months like many times in the past, which is what people criticize him for.

If I’m in the wrong for wondering if he’ll get fit then where are the people jumping on me for saying the exact same thing about Lallana and Matip? 2 talented players who I rate as well but are barely on the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back