The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just good to ring up a score. We've been struggling for goals recently. Great to see all of our front three on the scoresheet too. Not sure what we're doing with pens. Milner if on must take them at all times. Outside of him.... I have no idea.
I thought Fabinho was the pen taker for Monaco?

Red Star probably allowed more balls to be played through midfield than the likes of Huddersfield who are very disciplined in their shape but Fabinho needs more starts. Was so good at keeping the tempo high when we wanted to play and knocking it around when we wanted to hold for 5. Red Star tried to mark his passing lane out most of the time and he still managed to be an option in the build up. Without the ball always in the right place, looked after Gomez and Virgil all night. Great game.

Would go with same XI against Cardiff, this front 6 look good
One one hand, this game might be one for the British boys in the team who have grown up against teams like Cardiff whose build up play is all about aggression and winning second balls off of long balls.

On the other hand, I really want to see Naby and Fabinho tried in a double pivot and for us to try and win by hitting them with both barrels with those 4 attacking players ahead.

What's with all the press and people getting into Salah? I love how they're all body language experts, even heard some tit say he's starting to repay the faith Jurg showed in him. wtf?

No offence to World Star but it'd be the equivalent of me celebrating a goal against the thirds team in a pre-season match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, when you consider that the defensive players (Mignolet, Moreno, Robertson, Lovren, Matip, Gomez, TAA, Clyne) cost a total of around 70M, it then allows the club to spend 140M on the cream in the form of Alisson and VVD to round it off to 210M, ie 23.4M per player.

Were you to sell all of those players tomorrow, the ridiculous improvement of Robertson and TAA alone would still see that figure comfortably surpassed.

Moneyballin' yo.

What's with all the press and people getting into Salah? I love how they're all body language experts, even heard some tit say he's starting to repay the faith Jurg showed in him. wtf?

No offence to World Star but it'd be the equivalent of me celebrating a goal against the thirds team in a pre-season match.
World Star lol

I'd just like to see a little more joy from him. But if he's all business, that suits me fine too. If he is hell bent on emulating last season, then by all means, please do. :D

I'm sure he'll crack his cheeky grin when he's got the Premier League trophy sat on his curls like a ******* crown!

Mo's not going to smile until we lift a trophy. Losing the CL, getting injured by Ramos, struggling through the WC, issues with the Egyptian FA, little rest before coming back, have probably taken their toll. But you can see he's trying and it won't be long before he get's his MOjo back.Sorry.

Not having the game midweek next week makes things interesting in terms of rotation and rest. Arsenal in nine days time looms as the key fixture during this run of games.

Five Liverpool outfield players have started 12 of 13 games this season: Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Mane, Salah & Robertson. Neither Mane and Wijnaldum started at Huddersfield, Salah is just starting to hit form, and Van Dijk is a central defender. The only likely player to be rotated based on that analysis is Robertson.

Allison
Gomez Lovren Van Dijk Moreno
Shaqiri Fabinho Wijnaldum
Mane Firmino Salah

Mignolet A-Arnold Matip Milner Lallana Sturridge Origi

Not having the game midweek next week makes things interesting in terms of rotation and rest. Arsenal in nine days time looms as the key fixture during this run of games.

Five Liverpool outfield players have started 12 of 13 games this season: Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Mane, Salah & Robertson. Neither Mane and Wijnaldum started at Huddersfield, Salah is just starting to hit form, and Van Dijk is a central defender. The only likely player to be rotated based on that analysis is Robertson.

Allison
Gomez Lovren Van Dijk Moreno
Shaqiri Fabinho Wijnaldum
Mane Firmino Salah

Mignolet A-Arnold Matip Milner Lallana Sturridge Origi
If Robertson needs a rest, then play Milner or Clyne at LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back