The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also why have we changed to a 3-4-3? It looks more defensive than our usual formation and isn't offering any big benefits in overloads.

We should've signed Fekir in the summer, would've made a big difference to our lack of creativity in the midfield.

We just don't look creative enough at all. Lallana looks like he's missed too much football. Sturridge reminded everyone of why he ended up at WBA last year and hasn't got a contract beyond next season.

All of this doesn't matter if we win the league. But everything about the season feels like we're about to finish second.

Napoli equalising was bad for our chances

Assuming Napoli and PSG both beat Red Star, we need to beat Napoli at home and at least take a point from PSG away to qualify.
What if under that scenario we lose to Napoli and beat PSG?

What if under that scenario we lose to Napoli and beat PSG?
Yep I was just about to amend my post. Beat PSG and we are definitely through.

Also if PSG draw with Red Star and we draw with PSG, we’d be through regardless of Napoli result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep I was just about to amend my post. Beat PSG and we are definitely through.

Also if PSG draw with Red Star and we draw with PSG, we’d be through regardless of Napoli result.
So upcoming we have:

4 day break before Fulham (Go full strength)
14 day INT break before Watford (Full strength)
4 day break before PSG (Must win)
4 day break before Everton (Full strength)
3 day break before Burnley (Rotate)
2 day break before Bournemouth (Full strength)
4 day break before Napoli (If we beat PSG we can rotate)
5 day break before Man United (Full strength)

Napoli equalising was bad for our chances

Assuming Napoli and PSG both beat Red Star, we need to beat Napoli at home and at least take a point from PSG away to qualify.

We don't need to take a point from PSG if we can beat Napoli by 2 goals, but obviously not ideal.

Yeah qualification is looking pretty hairy at the moment. But we all knew it was going to be difficult to begin with, it's a tough group. I just didn't see a loss to Red Star coming though.

Agree on Fekir, I hope we're back in for him in the summer.

I don’t like where our season is heading atm. We haven’t really had a good last couple of months. We could be shot in Champions League and EPL by December!

I don’t like where our season is heading atm. We haven’t really had a good last couple of months. We could be shot in Champions League and EPL by December!

Yeah, we're scraping by at the moment. I'm not trying to sound negative, but we'll probably be battling Chelsea for 2nd by seasons end. We just don't have the ability to put teams away 4-0 on a consistent basis like City do to be a serious threat. I can see us dropping points in matchs City will win with relative ease.

Yeah, we're scraping by at the moment. I'm not trying to sound negative, but we'll probably be battling Chelsea for 2nd by seasons end. We just don't have the ability to put teams away 4-0 on a consistent basis like City do to be a serious threat. I can see us dropping points in matchs City will win with relative ease.
Results since the Chelsea League cup game on the 27th of September.

3 Wins (Huddersfield, Red Star Belgrade, Cardiff)
3 Draws (Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal)
3 Losses (Chelsea, Napoli, Red Star Belgrade)

Results since the Chelsea League cup game on the 27th of September.

3 Wins (Huddersfield, Red Star Belgrade, Cardiff)
3 Draws (Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal)
3 Losses (Chelsea, Napoli, Red Star Belgrade)

Yeah that is certainly a tough draw, so no complaints about dropping points there, I guess. It's the away games to mid-table sides like Watford, Bournemouth etc I hate the most and we have a few of them coming up as well as visits from Everton and Man Utd which won't be easy.

Lallana is cooked as a top level footballer

Midfield is miles off the pace, too many workmen like players and not enough genuine technique and talent. Jurg has Sahin and Gundogan back in Dortmund, he mustn't be satisfied with this

Fabinho had a bad game against Arsenal but we just have to play him, he can actually forward pass. Naby has to play this Sunday as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back