The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hugely disappointing result. With a chance to take a strangle hold on the group. We meekly surrender 2-0.

We havent been great all season long. That's performance wise. The results are still coming as seen with how well positioned we are in the league but we need the performances to start matching the results.

As I've seen mentioned I feel Klopp has robbed Peter to pay Paul. Making us excellent defensively but midfield and forward have suffered a little. We are no longer the free flowing goal scoring side we used to be. It's about finding that balance.

I think it starts in midfield where we have zero creativity. Hendo, Milner, Gini, Fabinho all do the same thing. Only Lallana who has been awful and Keita who has been up and down give us any creativity and we are well short of seeing Keita's best.

The pressing is completely gone too with a more pragmatic approach. Im mean so far it's bringing results. We cant just blow the house down because of one result. I mean if we win on the weekend and we go to the international break just two points behind City in the league and still have our destiny in our own hands in the CL. You cant really complain.

It's a results driven business after all.

But it would be nice for us to start showing some kind of performances.

I am sure this is a result of post WC hangovers and this doesn't concern me too much - yet. I expect we'll build it up as the season progresses. Big seasons needed from Keita & Lallana to a lesser extent if we are going to challenge against City. I doubt we'll buy a creative player in January - it is just too difficult. Maybe Fakir if Lyon bow out of the CL (and we don't). Anyone else will be just far too difficult to buy in that position mid season.

An Arabic or Chinese investor I would say. I think $2b is a massive over evaluation on their part. Although, with rumours cropping up every now and again that someone is interested in buying the club or FSG are looking to sell, maybe this is them leaking something to the press to try and put off potential buyers.

Normally I was FSG out but after the window we had last summer I trust that they are doing enough to get us top 4 minimum every season and any failure to do so would be on the coaches and players.

I agree Hendo will start. I think Shaq will get the nod as well, but I'd be surprised if Klopp start Keita as well. I doubt he'll change the whole midfield 3 over from what has played over the last few weeks. My guess is Milner or Gini will start next to Hendo with Shaq playing as a 10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wishes - Want to see a full strength line up tonight with a convincing 3 or 4 goal win.
It's time we started burying lowly ranked teams at home and there is no reason for us not to do it tonight.

Reality - In before a #beingliverpool moment sees us trailing 2-0 at half time with a brace from Schurrle.

Q7GrjBL.jpg

Klopp goes bang. I didn't see the Red Star game but Matip/Lallana must've stunk the house down to not even make the bench today.
Matip is behind VVD, Gomez and Lovren in the CB pecking order, so we only need 1 bench CB. Lallana is cooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back