The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would happen if PSG draw away to Red Star and all 3 teams finish on 9 points?
It would be a mini league between the 3 teams

Napoli 1 Liverpool 0
Liverpool 3 PSG 2
PSG 2 Liverpool 1
PSG 2 Napoli 2
Napoli 1 PSG 1

So currently the mini league standings:

Napoli 5 pts 4 goals for 3 goals against
PSG 5 pts 7 goals for 6 goals against
Liverpool 3 pts 4 goals for 4 goals against

So obviously if we win, regardless of the score, we would leapfrog Napoli in this mini league. Napoli even losing by 1 would have their GD fall behind PSG so Liverpool top and PSG 2nd

What would happen if PSG draw away to Red Star and all 3 teams finish on 9 points?

We would top the group and Napoli would go out. In a mini table between us, PSG and Napoli we'd have picked up 6 points while PSG/Napoli would only have 5.

Their cheating diving antics make me sick. Dodgy refereeing as well. But we deserved to lose no matter what. Now we have to beat Napoli by two clear goals to go through.

We don't need to beat Napoli by 2. 1-0 enough or any win sees is through if PSG don't win away.

Ref was s**t but we were absolutely terrible. That midfield was all wrong and the fact that Jurgen continues to persist with it when Naby, Shaq, and Fab are available is mind-boggling. You are coming up against 2 of the quickest and trickiest players in Europe so you play your slowest midfield and they then proceed to bypass them with ease. Not to mention there is hardly any creativity in there and it showed as usual.

I still can't believe how Veratti wasn't sent off. Horrible challenge.

We don't need to beat Napoli by 2. 1-0 enough or any win sees is through if PSG don't win away.

How is a 1-0 enough? All throughout the match and even at the end the commentator was saying we need to beat Napoli by 2.

^ he was wrong. As other have pointed out if we beat Napoli by one everything on our head to head is tied. Both had 1-0 wins, both of our goal difference would be +2. So the next tie breaking criteria is goals scored in the group which we currently lead 8-7. So a 1-0 win is enough which is huge, I didn't know that until some of the other posters on here pointed it out.

In saying that I mentioned after the Red Star loss I fear Ancelloti coming and playing for 2 results. He's a master coach and a master in this competition. It's going to be tough but not impossible. I think it'll go down to the wire, I think Napoli will score and we are going to be looking for an Olympiakos-esque winner late in the game

We went out with 3 defensive minded mids. Soon as I saw that I knew we'd be playing like Stoke do against us.

I love Klopp but he has to wear that result. I understand why he did it but even defensively we could have had Gomez and VVD who aren't slow to cover any attacking that TAA would have done. Hurts that Keita isn't match fit but I would have started Shakiri over either Henderson or Milner. I think Gini is the automatic selection in there and either Henderson or Milner to provide the grunt, we can't carry both. Bobby is wasted dropping back to deep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^ he was wrong. As other have pointed out if we beat Napoli by one everything on our head to head is tied. Both had 1-0 wins, both of our goal difference would be +2. So the next tie breaking criteria is goals scored in the group which we currently lead 8-7. So a 1-0 win is enough which is huge, I didn't know that until some of the other posters on here pointed it out.

In saying that I mentioned after the Red Star loss I fear Ancelloti coming and playing for 2 results. He's a master coach and a master in this competition. It's going to be tough but not impossible. I think it'll go down to the wire, I think Napoli will score and we are going to be looking for an Olympiakos-esque winner late in the game

Don't rule out Red Star taking points off PSG at home. If that happens any win gets us through.

The biggest problem with that midfield three of Milner, Henderson and Wijnaldum is that none of them can dribble the ball. All three are quite slow and all three dont have a huge amount of tekkers.

When all three recieve the ball in midfield. They never turn and take on a player with their pace or dribble past a player and suddenly they are driving at the back four. No... instead all three pass it straight back to where it came from which is Lovren of VVD.

That is incredibly easy to defend against.

We actually hugely miss Ox. He has pace, can dribble and loves to take a player on.

The midfield has to have a shield which should be Fab. Then two of Ox, Shaq or Keita. All three are vastly different to Wij, Hendo and Milner.

All three have great tekkers, pace and dribbling ability. They get it and turn and look to beat a player. Then all of sudden they are driving at a back four with Firmino, Mane and Salah all creating options. That equals goals.

The midfield has to change!

Alisson looked like he had a great game

A massive reason as to why we only need a 1-0 win vs Napoli.

If Mignolet or Karius were in goal, the CL dream may already be over.

A massive reason as to why we only need a 1-0 win vs Napoli.

If Mignolet or Karius were in goal, the CL dream may already be over.

You mean the same guys that took us to the final last season?

Our draw isn't tougher or anything. We lost to Red Star. Really we don't deserve to even have a mathematical chance left.

Our draw isn't tougher or anything. We lost to Red Star. Really we don't deserve to even have a mathematical chance left.
None of Spartak, Sevilla or Maribor were as good as Napoli or Paris. We have a much harder draw.

Alisson is significantly better than Mignolet and Karius.

If we go through its because we defeated every team in our group, which by any measure means we deserve to go through.

FNMAQYS.jpg

I meant that singular game, we only need to beat Napoli 1-0, if PSG smashed us and we had a different keeper we’d be in big trouble.

Their cheating diving antics make me sick. Dodgy refereeing as well. But we deserved to lose no matter what. Now we have to beat Napoli by two clear goals to go through.

Unfortunately its Liverpools achilles heal, teams that cause non stop stopages and refs that feel the need to allow it (happens so damn much these days, ego refs) stops teams like liverpool big time.
It a disgusting tactic but very effective again teams like pool as they never get momentum and you dont end up 3 nill down in the first half. Just wait until we play united, they will take a kip during throw in's and if they get the right ref, it will be allow and it will disrupt pool enough that they will draw or lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back