The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

There's no offside offence from a corner but sometimes from the header there's offside attackers interacting with defenders that are nowhere near the ball.
Doubt this actually happens, but if an attacker is standing on the goal line blocking the keeper, and the corner is taken from a foot inside the goal line, and the ball is being swerved into the goal, would that be offside?

Doubt this actually happens, but if an attacker is standing on the goal line blocking the keeper, and the corner is taken from a foot inside the goal line, and the ball is being swerved into the goal, would that be offside?

No offside from corner kicks.

An attacker can stand their ground. They can't move to deliberately impede the keeper unless it's a movement to play the ball.

Endo sounds fine from all reports. No Grav prognosis yet. Reckon we'll line up as follows against Soton

-----------------------------Kelleher----------------------

Bradders--------Quansah-------Jogo----------Kostas

----McConnell-------------Mac------------Clark

-----Elliot----------Danns---------Gakpo

Adrian
VVD
Ibou
Robbo
Endo
Szo
Diaz
Mo
Darwin

Endo won't play unless absolutely necessary. Mo & Szo will get a chance to stretch their legs. Diaz to come on for Danns around 60 mins.

Hopefully we can just get the job done with so many unavailable players.

The defense is in reasonable shape so hopefully we can grab a goal with a makeshift forward set up and keep a clean sheet.

Also, four outfield players played the full 120: VVD, Endo, Elliott and Diaz. Surely none of these four start Thursday morning.

The defense is in reasonable shape so hopefully we can grab a goal with a makeshift forward set up and keep a clean sheet.

Also, four outfield players played the full 120: VVD, Endo, Elliott and Diaz. Surely none of these four start Thursday morning.

Elliot will have to start, there's no other options. I'd then expect him to get a rest vs Forest. The hope is we could play a Endo-Mac-Szo mid vs forest and Mo is ready to start on the right.

Endo is fine but don't think he'll be risked.

Think we will have no choice but to go with our strongest team in 4 of the next 5 games. Very much playing 5 games in just over two weeks. One is FA Cup, one is City, two are Europa League. Cannot see any resting of players aside from the Nottingham game. Will be the toughest period of the whole season. Nunez, Szoboszlai and Salah should all be back for them thank fully.

Would like to see Mac, Szo lead the midfield with Endo at CDM, and see how that looks for once.

I think Endo will be rested for Southhampton. Played 120 minutes and could barely walk, no way you recover from stiff legs in a couple of days.

I was listening to a pod the other day and if I heard it correctly a win against Southampton means our game against Everton would have to be postponed. If we also keep progressing in the Europa League right through to the final then there would be no more midweek vacancies for the Everton game.

Apparently that game would then have to be played as a standalone fixture after the final match week of the season.

So conceivably we could be going to Goodison for a match that could simultaneously win us the league and relegate the bluenoses. :p

I was listening to a pod the other day and if I heard it correctly a win against Southampton means our game against Everton would have to be postponed. If we also keep progressing in the Europa League right through to the final then there would be no more midweek vacancies for the Everton game.

Apparently that game would then have to be played as a standalone fixture after the final match week of the season.

So conceivably we could be going to Goodison for a match that could simultaneously win us the league and relegate the bluenoses. :p

Pretty sure the midweek between Matchday 37 and 38 is always kept open for these circumstances.

Also, I'm pretty sure Everton v Liverpool has not been selected for UK TV, so no issues there.

Should we give Kelleher a rest and give Adrian a run? Me personally I would

Keeper doesn't need a rest. Only reason you'd do it is to protect him from injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think we will have no choice but to go with our strongest team in 4 of the next 5 games. Very much playing 5 games in just over two weeks. One is FA Cup, one is City, two are Europa League. Cannot see any resting of players aside from the Nottingham game. Will be the toughest period of the whole season. Nunez, Szoboszlai and Salah should all be back for them thank fully.

Would like to see Mac, Szo lead the midfield with Endo at CDM, and see how that looks for once.

I think Endo will be rested for Southhampton. Played 120 minutes and could barely walk, no way you recover from stiff legs in a couple of days.
In an ideal world we win the first leg of the Europa League like 4-0 so we can heavily rotate for the second leg.

That's not allowed. Every game on Matchday 38 is played at the same time so there is no dodgy s**t.

The only 2 players I didn't see who was during the celebrations during the game was Allison and Jota..

Also do you think they would of celebrated with few beers 🍻?

The only 2 players I didn't see who was during the celebrations during the game was Allison and Jota..

Also do you think they would of celebrated with few beers 🍻?
Didnt see Thiago either. I think Jota, Thiago and Alisson didnt travel down to Anfield South. The three of them probs got together back in Liverpool and watched the game.

Also saw the pre Southampton presser and looks like Thiago wont play again for us. Real shame. Apparently Bajcetic is pain free though and building. Didnt give it a time scale but I reckon he might be available in the coming weeks which would be nice.

With Klopp's run at Liverpool coming to an end I just thought with another trophy in the bag I'd have a look at the lads who have won the most trophies. Players have kind of come and gone and we've turned over the side quite a bit so was interesting to look at who had won what.

So far we have won the Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup, 2x League Cups, Super Cup, Club World Cup and the Community Shield (if we count that as silverware and not a glorified friendly haha) with three more chances at silverware left this season before the great man departs.

I've counted the player as a winner of the comp if they were just a part of the squad that got us there, like for example, Alisson wasnt actually in the Super Cup squad at all, so according to Wikipedia he hasnt won the Super Cup. But for me, he's the clubs No.1 GK and we wouldnt have made it to the Super Cup without him, so just cos he was injured, im still counting that he was a part of that trophy. Anyways here's the list.

8 - Alisson - CL, PL, FAC, LC, LC, CS, SC, CWC.
8 - TAA - CL, PL, FAC, LC, LC, CS, SC, CWC.
8 - Matip - CL, PL, FAC, LC, LC, CS, SC, CWC.
8 - Gomez - CL, PL, FAC, LC, LC, CS, SC, CWC.
8 - Van Dijk - CL, PL, FAC, LC, LC, CS, SC, CWC.
8 - Robbo - CL, PL, FAC, LC, LC, CS, SC, CWC.
8 - Salah - CL, PL, FAC, LC, LC, CS, SC, CWC.

7 - Firmino - CL, PL, FAC, LC, CS, SC, CWC.
7 - Fabinho - CL, PL, FAC, LC, CS, SC, CWC.
7 - Milner - CL, PL, FAC, LC, CS, SC, CWC.
7 - Chamberlain - CL, PL, FAC, LC, CS, SC, CWC.
7 - Henderson - CL, PL, FAC, LC, CS, SC, CWC.
7 - Keita - CL, PL, FAC, LC, CS, SC, CWC.
7 - Elliott - PL, FAC, LC, LC, CS, SC, CWC.

6 - Mane - CL, PL, FAC, LC, SC, CWC.
6 - Origi - CL, PL, FAC, LC, SC, CWC.
6 - Jones - PL, FAC, LC, LC, CS, CWC.

5 - Adrian - PL, LC, CS, SC, CWC.

4 - Lovren - CL, PL, CWC, SC.
4 - Lallana - CL, PL, CWC, SC.
4 - Shaqiri - CL, PL, CWC, SC.
4 - Wijnaldum - CL, PL, CWC, SC.
4 - Kelleher - FAC, LC, LC, SC.
4 - Tsimikas - FAC, LC, LC, CS.
4 - Thiago - FAC, LC, LC, CS.
4 - Konate - FAC, LC, LC, CS.
4 - Diaz - FAC, LC, LC, CS.
4 - Jota - FAC, LC, LC, CS.

3 - Minamino - PL, LC, FAC.

2 - Nunez - LC, CS.
2 - N.Williams - PL, CWC.

1 - Sturridge - CL.
1 - Moreno - CL.
1 - Mignolet - CL.
1 - Gakpo - LC.
1 - Bajcetic - LC.
1 - Mac Allister - LC.
1 - Endo - LC.
1 - Szoboszlai - LC.
1 - Gravenberch - LC.
1 - Danns - LC.
1 - McConnell - LC.
1 - Bradley - LC.
1 - Clark - LC.
1 - Doak - LC.
1 - Quansah - LC.
1 - Carvalho - CS.

Thought it made for interesting reading. The stalwarts at the top who have been here for it all is impressive. Hopefully the current squad can all add 3 more trophies to the list to bump some of them all up the table.

If I were making an all time Klopp XI and a 7 man bench at Liverpool I'd go...

Alisson
TAA Matip VVD Robbo
Henderson Fabinho Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino Mane

Kelleher, Gomez, Konate, Milner, Thiago, Jota, Origi

12 days until City 😉
I forget how close that game is. Looks like the only players with a chance to be back is Nunez, Mo and Szo.

So something like...

Kelleher
Bradley Konate VVD Robbo
Szo Endo Mac
Mo Nunez Diaz

Not ideal. Would really love TAA and Alisson in that side. Would also love to be able to call upon guys like Thiago, Jones and Jota off the bench.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back