The Change Rooms Janitor - Get to work!

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats what this thread is for, keeping this board neat & tidy.

If you see:

• At any point you see a players whose number is changed & its hasn't been updated.
  • A new rookie who doesn't have a thread.
  • Some information that need to be updated or a photo changed.
  • Or make a suggestion howe we could improve, let us know.
Post it in this thread & we will update the players details or add the new player.

You are welcome to start the new thread once a player is drafted, just follow the format we are currently using.

Note: all former players will remain for 1 yr or for the life of their AFL career if they have moved to another club. After that they will be merged to the 'Past players - 2010 onwards' thread in order to keep the TCR board clean.

Also, there has been a lot of threads started recently on the main board about with a title such as 'Jack Watts.'

From now on they will all be merged with the individual player thread here as a lot of work went into getting this board going & that is the exact purpose for it - To discuss an individual players.

Subject matter such as: form, ability, trade value, hackness & so on is for this board. this board could be a really integral part of our board so lets make it exactly that.

View each individual player thread as a mega thread, one where you can discuss any aspect of the player & direct the discussion.

If a special matter such as Tom Scully leaving arises then it can be started on the main board as its a huge issue but keep your player posting on here.

Would someone like to start a thread for each of the coaches for discussion.

Add in a bit of a bio of the experience & or qualifications too.

If no one takes me up on the offer I'll get it going soon.

Something like this for a thread title:

Mark Neeld - Head Coach

I should probably get onto this soon:

Melbourne hands out new numbers to Sam Blease, who switches from No.46 to No.17, James Strauss (No.47 to No.19), Tom McDonald (No.43 to No.25), Dan Nicholson (No.49 to No.26) and Michael Evans (No.50 to No.32). The club also allocates numbers to drafteee James Sellar (No.30), Rory Taggert (No.43) and Josh Tynan (No.46).

Mitch Clark - #11
Sam Blease - #17
James Strauss - #19
Daniel Nicholson - #26
James Sellar - #30
Seller still needs a thread if anyone wants to start it as do Sheehan, Williams & Lawrence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seller still needs a thread if anyone wants to start it as do Sheehan, Williams & Lawrence.
Sellar is done.

I couldn't submit the thread without a prefix though so I assume "current" is the right prefix.

Are you seriously going to update all the other player threads with prefixes Crimson?

Edit: Lawrence had a thread made back in 2010.

Sellar is done.

I couldn't submit the thread without a prefix though so I assume "current" is the right prefix.

Are you seriously going to update all the other player threads with prefixes Crimson?

Edit: Lawrence had a thread made back in 2010.

Thanks mate, you shouldn't have to add a prefix though, I'll look into it.

on KL, thanks, I went through but must have missed it.

Prefix's, I'll add the recent ones & then the older ones when I have nothing to do.

Thanks fo your work mate.

Last 2 rookies done Crimson, that should be everyone for 2012.

Now just a matter of cleaning up delistees into the past players thread or are they staying on the main CR board?

Last 2 rookies done Crimson, that should be everyone for 2012.

Now just a matter of cleaning up delistees into the past players thread or are they staying on the main CR board?
I was thinking of keeping the delisted player own thread going but just add the delisted or retired prefix to them.

What do you think?

I was thinking of keeping the delisted player own thread going but just add the delisted or retired prefix to them.

What do you think?
Up to you mate.

It would certainly look a little cleaner if they were moved to the past players thread - less pages.

Perhaps any delistees over 2 yrs could get swept up but keep the previous yrs delistees in their own threads (with prefixes) if anyone wants to comment on them e.g. Maric @ tuggerland. Then clean them up at the end of the following year and give new delistees their own thread - wash rinse repeat?

Up to you mate.

It would certainly look a little cleaner if they were moved to the past players thread - less pages.

Perhaps any delistees over 2 yrs could get swept up but keep the previous yrs delistees in their own threads (with prefixes) if anyone wants to comment on them e.g. Maric @ tuggerland. Then clean them up at the end of the following year and give new delistees their own thread - wash rinse repeat?
On this, I flicked back and noticed that there's still individual threads for players such as John Meesen, Russell Robertson etc. that probably don't need to exist on their own any more.

I think it's worth keeping threads for people like Petterd or Bennell as they're still AFL players for a while longer as you mentioned - maybe make a rule that if they don't join an AFL club, give their individual thread a season before merging it, and if they do, give them two or three?

On this, I flicked back and noticed that there's still individual threads for players such as John Meesen, Russell Robertson etc. that probably don't need to exist on their own any more.

I think it's worth keeping threads for people like Petterd or Bennell as they're still AFL players for a while longer as you mentioned - maybe make a rule that if they don't join an AFL club, give their individual thread a season before merging it, and if they do, give them two or three?

Yeah, I'll do a cleanup. Might even make a 2nd collection thread.

Yeah, I'll do a cleanup. Might even make a 2nd collection thread.
Awesome.

Hopefully I'll be a little more active around this board this year. Doesn't get the attention it deserves. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back