Sport The Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dean has played 2-3 FC games...just no. Maxwell is laughable at this stage. Do I need to get the video of him REVERSE SWEEPING when on 0...when we are trying to save a test match and getting out? Stoinis is a top 3 bat, batting him at 6 would be ridiculous to say the absolute least...and he isn't ready.

Handscomb, maybe, but there is no rush, the same as Paris/Stanklake/Fedetke. Behrendorff is injured (back)...Tremain is laughable.

As for the side

1. Warner
2. Bancroft OR Silk (whichever one they want). Bancroft had the better year last year. Not fussed which one.
3. Smith
4. Handscomb/Maddinson/Fergguson
5. Voges
6. Mitch Marsh (Burns if they decide to go away with the AR)
7. Nevill (Whiteman next in line)
8. Pattinson
9. Hazelwood
10. Sayers/Boland/Bird (not fussed, reward the best one)
11. Lyon
12th: Peter Siddle

Notes:

1. Burns isn't a long term test opener, too stuck at the crease, thus is a huge nick candidate
2. M.Marsh holding on through lack of realistic options- Faulkner isn't test quality and he is the next 'best'.

Dont like Smith at 3. Looks way more comfortable at 4.

Your number 3 should also be able to face the new ball and would rather Smith at 2nd drop

Look I agree, but who else is there? It is the number 1 problem area in Australian cricket.

Mean the tests. Who did his hamstring

Usman Khawaja

An option. I would like to see how he goes on pitches that aren't roads and he isn't coming in at 1-100 odd every time.

I don't think the conditions had much to do with it...it was more about a lack of mental application and some horrid shot selection.
I'm happy to assume that we have the majority of our attention focused on the test-series and that we're really only partaking in this ODI series out of contractual obligation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think the conditions had much to do with it...it was more about a lack of mental application and some horrid shot selection.

Whether it's shot selection or failure to adapt to different conditions, you have to admit our batting away from home is pretty lousy and has been for a while now. This wasn't even our worse collapse overseas if you count Tests as well. Durham 2013, Port Elizabeth 2014, Trent Bridge 2015, it seems to be an annual event.

Whether it's shot selection or failure to adapt to different conditions, you have to admit our batting away from home is pretty lousy and has been for a while now. This wasn't even our worse collapse overseas if you count Tests as well. Durham 2013, Port Elizabeth 2014, Trent Bridge 2015, it seems to be an annual event.

Oh yeh absolutely no denying that! But the same could be said for just about any country in the world at the moment...there's no dominant team which I think is great for the sport. I think the thing that really annoyed me about the Ashes was that if you scored a point per session won then I think we would have come out comfortably on top...but when we were poor we were really poor and we weren't able to shift momentum. It actually has a few parallels to the Swans season in 2015 now that I think about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back