The Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pitch looks fairly low and lifeless but the bowlers are just ON at the moment. LBWs as plumb as you can get.

Great bowling.

Want to get AB in early and do a 'Bell' to him by constantly having him at the crease 3 hours earlier than he wants to be.

Philander is not 100% but will play.
I read an article the other day claiming the aussies had worked him out and that when conditions suit him you play tight and when they turn in favour of the batsman you go after him. It also claimed he tries to dodge games on flat pitches such as Adelaide last SA tour in aus. Interesting that he has 'niggles' on a flat pitch here...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's going to be a long, hard five & a half sessions to save this test.

Let's see what we've got.

Firstly, I'd like to see Rogers make double figures this tour.
336 required with 10 wickets in hand...we might be a chance to win this with some luck and disciplined application.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just goes to show that Johnson, Haddin and to a lesser extent Steve Smith and Bucky were papering over some issues as they were whitewashing an England side that dropped their collective heads after Brisbane. Clarke has struggled to make runs for months, Doolan is going through some growing pains and Marsh followed up a century with a pair.

South Africa would be odds-on to claim the series victory from hereon. Boof will have to earn his dough. Presumably Watson, if he's cleared fit to bowl, will be back in the team for the 3rd test with one of Marsh and Doolan to make way.

Interesting set of statistics in today's article in the Age about Bucky.

From the start of the winter Ashes tour, Bucky has faced at least 100 balls in an innings 11 times (from 23 innings). Warner is the next best (5 times from 20 innings), then Smith (5 times from 22 innings).

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cric...-the-australian-test-team-20140225-33foa.html

Sure, England was poor throughout the summer Ashes, and Australia wiped South Africa off the map in the first Test, but it underlines just how poorly Australians can actually bat when survival is a priority.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back