The difference between Paul Roos and Mark Thompson.*MB Thread*..

Remove this Banner Ad

jswan

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
The difference is...under Mark Thompson, Geelong have won 51 games out of a possible 54(or numbers there abouts), under Paul Roos, they would have 54 out of 54. In my humble opinion.

Re: The difference between Paul Roos and Mark Thompson...

The difference is...under Mark Thompson, Geelong have won 51 games out of a possible 54(or numbers there abouts), under Paul Roos, they would have 54 out of 54. In my humble opinion.

:rolleyes:

I think all we can say for sure is that they wouldnt have won the NAB Cup this year...

Threads like this should be instant ban material.

Bay 13. In other words, who cares?

Is it school holiday time already ?
The OP must be one of those kids off sick with pig flu.Oh look,there go the pigs flying now

8.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

... whats the point of this thread..
jswan ive never seen you around the sydney board
shit new posters are popping up everywhere.

To the OP

I think you're trying to ask whether Thompson is successful because of the talented list and whether another coach (like Roos) could have done better.

There's nothing wrong with the old "My coach is better than your coach" argument but you're starting the thread with a statement rather than a question. Good threads invite opinion rather than just inviting arguments.

Imagine walking into a pub and just yelling "Roos is the best coach in the AFL". Much better to ask the guy drinking next to you what he thinks, weigh his arguments, dispute or agree, respect his opinion and come in with some reasoning to support your own opinion.

You may be surprised with the responses and you may see that other fans have a very different perspective, which can be equally valid. Keep it light-hearted and you can have a good old fashioned footy fan fight without any hard-feelings.

Example :

Thompson's record with Geelong is enviable but, given their depth of talent, could another coach have made the record 54 of 54 ?

---------

Anyway, have fun on BF. Have a look at how others start threads and find your feet on your own board before venturing into the dark and dangerous AFL board. This is where the big boys play rough.

Shit, I'm scared just writing this here ;)

i disagree not even great paul roos could stop geelong choking in grand finals

The difference is that Paul Roos doesn't care if they win or lose in the preseason, where as Bomber doesn't care if they win or lose during the season.

To the OP

I think you're trying to ask whether Thompson is successful because of the talented list and whether another coach (like Roos) could have done better.

There's nothing wrong with the old "My coach is better than your coach" argument but you're starting the thread with a statement rather than a question. Good threads invite opinion rather than just inviting arguments.

Imagine walking into a pub and just yelling "Roos is the best coach in the AFL". Much better to ask the guy drinking next to you what he thinks, weigh his arguments, dispute or agree, respect his opinion and come in with some reasoning to support your own opinion.

You may be surprised with the responses and you may see that other fans have a very different perspective, which can be equally valid. Keep it light-hearted and you can have a good old fashioned footy fan fight without any hard-feelings.

Example :

Thompson's record with Geelong is enviable but, given their depth of talent, could another coach have made the record 54 of 54 ?

---------

Anyway, have fun on BF. Have a look at how others start threads and find your feet on your own board before venturing into the dark and dangerous AFL board. This is where the big boys play rough.

What was that crap? Take it to the Main:thumbsdown:

Well Roosy has passed on all his secrets to Rossy and now the Saints are flying.

But, I reckon Bomber is doing a fine job with his cattle.

To the OP

Example :

---------

Thanks for your concern bungee, but dont worry mate, I'm a 36 year old married man with a family, I dont think I'm going to lose to much sleep over some pimple headed teenagers writing nasty things about me like..."he's a big footy newbie, blah blah blah" on a football forum. I'm actually more afraid of my wife than anyone here. After having spent many months looking around this forum and reading arguments/discussions on many different topics, I knew what I posted was going to get responses like this. All it does is make me laugh, it doesnt make me think..."oh my god, I can never post here again". I really used to think I was a football tragic, until I discovered this forum. Having said that, instead of saying Roos would have done better at Geelong with the same players as Thompson has had, lets switch them around, would Thompson have had the same success at the swans with the cattle Roos has had there from 2003 onwards? I think not.

... whats the point of this thread..
jswan ive never seen you around the sydney board
shit new posters are popping up everywhere.

As for you von 69, I am a regular on the swans board over at redand whiteonline, just go under a different name there. So according to you here, if you are a new person to a forum, you are not allowed to post??? The day I listen to a silly little child like yourself, is the day I give up on life all together, and I plan to stick around for a lot longer boy.

Having said that, instead of saying Roos would have done better at Geelong with the same players as Thompson has had, lets switch them around, would Thompson have had the same success at the swans with the cattle Roos has had there from 2003 onwards? I think not.

What is it with the cult of Roos to Swans supporters? If Thompson was in charge of the Swans, they would not have a decrepit, aging list that is 50% complete duds. He would not recruit broken down and old hacks from other clubs, or players that simply cannot play football.

You think Thompson is only good because of the players on his list? Well that's half the game of coaching, genius.

If Roos was in charge of the Cats, we would still have Henry Playfair running around for us :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back