No Oppo Supporters The ASADA Thread... from a Tiger perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL @ Shane Charter... What a sold citizen!

030633-44940f52-707e-11e4-906a-553cc51a6e6b.jpg

lol Give him blond long hair and I swear he is Tania Hirds twin

Don't disagree with that.

FWIW this isn't a legal case, so they don't get the same discovery rights that you do in the courts. However IMO its about fairness. A defendant has the right to confront his accuser on equal terms

How is that equal terms? The defendants know a lot more about what actually happened than ASADA does. If ASADA uncovered a few things of their own, then that's just a start toward equal terms.

How is that equal terms? The defendants know a lot more about what actually happened than ASADA does. If ASADA uncovered a few things of their own, then that's just a start toward equal terms.

did the players buy the supplements?

import them?

store and distribute them?

given the key to their defence will be proving they didn't receive TB4, how can they do that if they don't have access to the information from Customs, the TGA, Charter, and Dank?

But they know a bunch of stuff that ASADA most likely does not know. I'm not questioning what the legal situation is because I wouldn't have a clue, but I think Essendon has a massive head start as far as knowing what really went on and disagree that ASADA handing everything over makes it all equal. It's not like Essendon are going to hand over everything they know if it makes them look guilty.

But they know a bunch of stuff that ASADA most likely does not know. I'm not questioning what the legal situation is because I wouldn't have a clue, but I think Essendon has a massive head start as far as knowing what really went on and disagree that ASADA handing everything over makes it all equal. It's not like Essendon are going to hand over everything they know if it makes them look guilty.

its not EFC that is at the hearing, its the players.

even if EFC provided all info they have, they still have no access to the info Charter and Dank provide, and they cannot force them. One had no involvement with the club, and the other is no longer an employee

its not EFC that is at the hearing, its the players.

even if EFC provided all info they have, they still have no access to the info Charter and Dank provide, and they cannot force them. One had no involvement with the club, and the other is no longer an employee

The players know stuff, too. Football players might not always be the brightest sparks, but it's hard to believe all 34 would be so stupid to not realise something was up. We're really being asked to swallow some ridiculous things in order to believe that the players are innocent victims. They know what happened.

I posted this on the Asada board, but thought I'd copy it here as its relevant to our experience ..

MaddAdam said:
What do you mean fallen? They have always been like this. It is their nature.

no,..I have hated them for 30years, but no, the fact is as a club they were on a huge roll on and off the field since the early 1980's. They went from bigger than average, to massive, especially through the 1990's. Made the mistake of moving to the Docklands in pursuit of money/gouging their supporters (curtailed their growth from reaching Collingwood size), didn't manage the transition from Sheedy (admittedly an almost impossible task), then shafted Knights (warranted sacking, but the manner in which it was done is a tell-tale sign something had started to rot), dealt with getting hird and then bomber in a quite underhand way...and then embarked on a 'pharmaceutical expermiment' on its own players, with only a dragged-out, insincere acknowledgement of any wrong doing. Now, they have the tail (hird) wagging the dog, and no one, not even Little is able to put any breathing space between this debacle and moving forward. It gone from scandal, to farce, to tragi-comedy, to total organisational cultural meltdown. Superficially, the same people, the same walls and windows, the same big building with 60,000 members and a profit... but there's a cancer inside now, thats been at work for at least 3 years, hollowing out the club one organ at a time and while the club is only displaying relatively mild visible symptoms presently, the people who oversaw the growth of the club in the last 30 years probably don't realise, but most of their work is already destroyed.

Its a cliché I know, but Richmond supporters can probably identify this endemic poisonous trend better than most. We had an empire in 1980, arguably bigger than Collingwood, we still reached a GF in '82, but the leadership had already become morally bankrupt and it was one ruinous decision after another - (financially, strucutually,strategically, organisationally, morally, coach & playerwise) and deluded by our size and history for the first 3-4 years we didn't realise how much of our club was being cannibalised in the process... and then it was too late and we were literally ruined. Essendon are either at, or have already crossed that point right now.... and like us, I don't think their supporters will realise it for a couple of years yet. You cant dig your way out of this particular kind of cultural hole without total change from top to bottom: and there's absolutely no chance of that happening for at least 2 years now I'd say. This is going to roll on with largely the same actors and issues in2015, and in one form or another, well into 2016.. and the legacy.... the legacy for years more again.

He still played with a team of cheats...what does that make him...a blind/deaf and dumb footballer to all matters drug related...!?!?...
Does that make him qualified to play for Australia then...?!?!...
And then their is Jabe...a Brownlow medallist...a best and fairest player who admitted to taking supplements...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do the commentators and fans who are in awe of Fletchers longevity and play tonight forget that he's facing charges of PED use?

What other sports organisation would've allowed Fletcher to take the field while facing charges for PED use?
The AFL = unprofessional.

Was Watson playing too?? And he confessed to it ffs! Good grief.

You cant tell me Little could not pay out Turd's contract tomorrow if it was required...
All this bull about Turd taking them to Court if they pay him out...blah...blah...blah...
The Turd stays as Coach for one reason and that is to give the illusion of solidarity at EFC...
EFC don't want EFC players to turn on the Club with Lawyers/litigation to recoup their imminent loss of earnings through ASADA/WADA approved penalties...
If the players turn against the Club they could bankrupt that shitehole...

What other sports organisation would've allowed Fletcher to take the field while facing charges for PED use?
The AFL = unprofessional.

Was Watson playing too?? And he confessed to it ffs! Good grief.
Irish should complain. :D

I wonder if the Irish fans/media are aware of the situation. Surely if anyone takes the series seriously, they'd object to their opponent including drug cheats in the team.
I think a team appealing the result of a practice game would be the icing on the cake.

I wonder if the Irish fans/media are aware of the situation. Surely if anyone takes the series seriously, they'd object to their opponent including drug cheats in the team.

You know anyone who takes it seriously?

http://www.news.com.au/national/ess...-depth-interview/story-e6frfkp9-1227136181047

MR: Is Essendon going to pay Mark Thompson’s fine?

PL: No. We haven’t had that discussion with Mark or the AFL ... we have not been asked to pay it.

VS

The vexed issue of Mark Thompson's $30,000 debt to the AFL has been settled, with the majority of the fine having been covered by Essendon.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/essend...-mark-thompsons-afl-fine-20141125-11tr0l.html

Come on Paul you're not even trying to lie and spin anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back