No Oppo Supporters The ASADA Thread... from a Tiger perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't disagree on saad, but the issues for him were a positive test, and he personally bought the s**t. Those two make it almost impossible to grant wiggle room under the current arrangements.

As for two game bans for these players, I've repeatedly said I'm not a fan of any backdated ban. Why do you keep asking me about it?
you have misread what I posted or I haven't made it clear as I said it only takes 2 PLAYERS for the club to be shafted under wada rules if you thought I ment games im sorry for not being clear

you have misread what I posted or I haven't made it clear as I said it only takes 2 PLAYERS for the club to be shafted under wada rules if you thought I ment games im sorry for not being clear

Okay there is a couple of things there.

I believe (but don't quote me) the two player thing is an afl code thing

Secondly, it's all academic however, as its a discretionary power. NORF fans in particular at the start of this were celebrating. "Efc the club will be destroyed, we will get their players, their fans, and their training venue, lol"

It only comes down to if they actually want to nuke the club, and personally I can't see that happening. The afl has zero interest in destroying a foundation club. As for asada, this thing will drag on for years if they try to get efc deregistered

If you look at doping history, club sanctions are rarely used. It's mainly targeting the officials at the club, and getting them out.

If you were to say the next step after a successful prosecution and defeated appeal is going after senior efc officials, I'd probably agree. If it's deregistration, I think you may be disappointed

Yes they are rumours, but everything we are talking about is based upon rumours. As for no deal being on the table, that's an old trick. You make no official offer until the two parties effectively agree to terms. That way you can honestly say no offer has been made, or we have not agreed to accept an offer. That way if it doesn't work, no one gets egg on their face

On your second point, it's irrelevant. What info do the players have that they could use to rat out the club? Did they buy the supplements? Have they retained samples? Are they holding the records? To rat someone out, you have to have something to rat out with, AND it has to be able to withstand cross examination.
So again, what do the players have they could rat out EFC with?
On your first two points, fair enough, not going to argue any further.
On the bolded, I have no idea what the players could possibly have that ASADA don't already know considering they have finished their opening submissions which makes this sceptical deal harder to understand, I guess we wait for tomorrow to see if the defence start arguing their case, if deals have been offered then their is no point in arguing your case is there, it could be 34 or 32 by days end.

I'll add one thing though, if players have dug their heals in and then only after hearing all the evidence against you, start begging for a deal then it opens up a pandorras box for other athletes in this country to do the same, dig your heals in, keep playing then at the last minute admit guilt and miss * all competition.

On your first two points, fair enough, not going to argue any further.
On the bolded, I have no idea what the players could possibly have that ASADA don't already know considering they have finished their opening submissions which makes this sceptical deal harder to understand, I guess we wait for tomorrow to see if the defence start arguing their case, if deals have been offered then their is no point in arguing your case is there, it could be 34 or 32 by days end.

I'll add one thing though, if players have dug their heals in and then only after hearing all the evidence against you, start begging for a deal then it opens up a pandorras box for other athletes in this country to do the same, dig your heals in, keep playing then at the last minute admit guilt and miss **** all competition.

On the last, again I'll say, I'm not a fan of backdated penalties (how many times do I need to say this?)

On the last, again I'll say, I'm not a fan of backdated penalties (how many times do I need to say this?)

Damn, deleted my first sentence. Basically I think if deals are done, it I'll be similar to Cronulla in that most will move to accept ultimately, except for 1-2 who are retired and don't give a *. I don't think the notion being suggested that two players will be used to screw the rest will be done

And I said I agree with you on that and didn't argue any further with you on that.

Cool dude, I was just getting sick of people pointing out to me why discounted penalties suck, when I've already agreed with them

IMO those 2 weeks mentioned will be only for those outside the club now. Cameleri<sp> and Prismal. The reason simply, once those two accept they can be used to really drive home the ASADA case against Essendon. I expect Heppell and co will receive 2 years minimum and it will be sweet to watch.

WADA's comments about the Cronulla sanctions would suggest that Essendon are no chance to get such a pathetic slap on the wrist
If they even try then WADA will step in

People say this, but for all their disappointment wada did s**t

Asada would have to be vetting any deal with wada you would imagine

People say this, but for all their disappointment wada did s**t

Asada would have to be vetting any deal with wada you would imagine
WADA begrudgingly accepted the reasons for the backdated Cronulla sanctions and only didn't appeal because they thought the effort would not advance the fight against doping in a meaningful way. I think the Essendon case is a much bigger case and could set a very dangerous precedent so they will use them to set an example of to the rest of the world.

There is no chance they get such a light penalty if found guilty, especially because they didn't take a deal. If guilty it will be at least 12 months, maybe 18.

IMO those 2 weeks mentioned will be only for those outside the club now. Cameleri<sp> and Prismal. The reason simply, once those two accept they can be used to really drive home the ASADA case against Essendon. I expect Heppell and co will receive 2 years minimum and it will be sweet to watch.

Possibly Ryder and Monfries i rekon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly Ryder and Monfries i rekon
Nah, it's the 2 who split from the pack and got their own doggie lawyers, Crameri and Prismall, Ryder and morefries would have to break from the 32 pack and get their own independent lawyers if they were to beg for deals.

Crameri and prismall will be getting advised differently to what the other 32 are, the AFLPA are with the 32 so it would be, sit tight, they have nothing, we can beat this, stick together blah blah blah, then we see on the Essendon board where one of their own declares through 5th hand info ( grain of salt time ) that 2 players outside of Essendon have been told to prepare for bans and then the next day some journo on 3AW declares 2 players outside of Essendon are close to accepting/ begging for a deal.

Ah, someone from the Arnaud Amalric school of justice

Only issue ihave with that is what if half the team didnt get tb4. Do we hang them all just on guilt by association, or guilt for s**t we couldn't prove?

Justice needs to be properly administered, or we risk corrupting this league as much as you would by tephrning a blind eye to drug use (ie the official afl policy on illicit drugs)

ASADA have statements from all 34 players about their dosage rate and frequency for "Thymosin". They know what they're doing, regardless of what Robbo tells you.

ASADA have statements from all 34 players about their dosage rate and frequency for "Thymosin". They know what they're doing, regardless of what Robbo tells you.

1) I don't buy the HUN, and refuse to feed the paywall, so I wouldn't have a clue what Robbo says on anything these days

2) this is incorrect. Some of the players have been charged based upon their knowledge of thysmosin, even if they also said they never received it

Bring out the rope and just hang two of the cheating bastards....
As an example....

Your not going to get that according to the rumour, unless you think a two week suspension is equivalent to a hanging

you may be on the min free views - Ive been getting the sub or POQ pages for months now (inc with this link)
Ahhh ok yer makes sense. I don't really pay any attention to the newspapers lol I just googled it to see if that old trick worked. :thumbsu:

Ahhh ok yer makes sense. I don't really pay any attention to the newspapers lol I just googled it to see if that old trick worked. :thumbsu:

google hasnt worked for a while, but the above link is interesting. It may be only a geo-block google has agreed to, so google UK will show them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back