Prediction The F word

Do the Swans make finals this year

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

After the Bombers finished thrusting us I figured we'd be a soft exit just like last year. Now I'm confident we'll last three times longer, but honestly don't think this group has matured enough yet to go all the way.

Certainly no need for premature ejaculations of the type we're getting all over this board.

So, when exactly are we allowed to enjoy anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flights will be harder to change and cancel these days but yes I plan to book accommodation which I can cancel 1 day out from checking in. More of a frequent flyer than a road trip guy.
Not really.

A 5pm flight Sydney to Melbourne will cost you $173 and you can change that flight and pay the fare difference if there is one. It's not hard. You either book a flight that allows you to change it or it doesn't.

So, when exactly are we allowed to enjoy anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exactly! part of the joy and excitement of sport is the dreaming of "what might be", of ultimate prizes
we're going to play finals (again!)
at the start of last season most of us thought it would be several long, hard years before we'd have any reason to dream of playing finals ... but we did last year and we're about to again
and until the finals start, we're entitled to dream just as much as geelong or melbourne fans ... geez, the dogs, richmond, carlton and st kilda are all still some hope of finals and their fans will have their dreams too
all this miserable crap, this mindset of "we're not good enough", what's the point? certainly, what's the point right now?
and to hose down dreams based on a game a month ago, whoever the opponent was, is bullsh1t as an argument in light of the past four games!
find one premiership winner of the past 20 years who didn't have one bad game, one inexplicable, frustrating loss

but even after saying all that, what gets me dreaming is how this swans team plays ... our best football this season is the best football this season ...
we bring that this finals series and it'll be us shattering everyone else's dreams
c'mon!!

Last edited:

exactly! part of the joy and excitement of sport is the dreaming of "what might be", of the ultimate prizes
we're going to play finals (again!)
at the start of last season most of us thought it would be several long, hard years before we'd have any reason to dream of playing finals ... but we did last year and we're about to again
and until the finals start, we're entitled to dream just as much as geelong or melbourne fans ... geez, the dogs, richmond, carlton and st kilda are all still some hope of finals and they're fans will have their dreams too
all this miserable crap, this mindset of "we're not good enough", what's the point? certainly, what's the point right now?
and to hose down dreams based on a game a month ago, whoever the opponent was, is bullsh1t as an argument in light of the past four games!
find one premiership winner of the past 20 years who didn't have one bad game, one inexplicable, frustrating loss

but even after saying all that, what gets me dreaming is how this swans team plays ... our best football this season is the best football this season ...
we bring that this finals series and it'll be us shattering everyone else's dreams
c'mon!!
Yes that is a fair point, but don’t forget how powerful this board is. We became complacent for one week and let our guard down to chit chat about toasties.

And look what happened 😞

Well there you go!!! It seems every calendar known to man has the Vic GF holiday as the 30th of September, I just presumed it must have been that weekend.
I got caught out with that and work a few weeks ago

think that's been the case for several years ... so people can enjoy the parade ... or something
When in reality it is so people who work Mon-Fri can have a long weekend but those who actually work on GF Day can eat s**t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the 5 weeks since that loss to Essendon, we've been the highest scoring team of the round twice, and the second highest scoring team twice. That's a pretty decent form line. Important to note that the large scores came against teams in the bottom 10, and the one game we didn't put up a big score was against a top 8 team, but it shows that we can hit the scoreboard, which is important going into finals. Most importantly, we've won the last 5.

Rnd 17 Swans 120-67 Dogs - Blues 116-53 Eagles (1st)
Rnd 18 Swans 82-65 Dockers - Essendon 103-55 Suns (9th)
Rnd 19 Swans 118-85 Crows - Hawks 121-75 Roos (2nd)
Rnd 20 Swans 112-39 Giants - Essendon 114-66 Roos (2nd)
Rnd 21 Swans 126-88 Roos - Lions 114-81 Blues (1st)

In the 5 weeks since that loss to Essendon, we've been the highest scoring team of the round twice, and the second highest scoring team twice. That's a pretty decent form line. Important to note that the large scores came against teams in the bottom 10, and the one game we didn't put up a big score was against a top 8 team, but it shows that we can hit the scoreboard, which is important going into finals. Most importantly, we've won the last 5.

Rnd 17 Swans 120-67 Dogs - Blues 116-53 Eagles (1st)
Rnd 18 Swans 82-65 Dockers - Essendon 103-55 Suns (9th)
Rnd 19 Swans 118-85 Crows - Hawks 121-75 Roos (2nd)
Rnd 20 Swans 112-39 Giants - Essendon 114-66 Roos (2nd)
Rnd 21 Swans 126-88 Roos - Lions 114-81 Blues (1st)
82 points against one of the most defensive sides at their home ground is nothing to sneeze at either

Results to go our way this week (cuz we'll beat the Pies):
Carlton to beat Melbourne
St Kilda to beat Brisbane (lol)
West Coast to beat Freo (also lol)

Results to go our way next week:
Brisbane to beat Melbourne (cuz Melbourne's % is higher)

And we need do up our % ideally. We could VERY easily be going into the St Kilda game needing to make up x% to get back into 2nd after the weekends results. A bad result would be either Brisbane OR Melbourne flogging the other in the last round.

DREAM if we went into our game with St Kilda JUST needing to win, % irrelevant.

Back