The Fans want Big Ant for AFL Live 3 - Do you?

Remove this Banner Ad

jdobs95

Team Captain
Apr 9, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melbourne (VFL)
So I just recently saw that WW are bringing out DLC, well done to them. However, the majority of the AFL Gaming community prefers AFL Live 1. I want to see how many people would want to see Big Ant take back the reigns.

Just say; AFL Live 3 on Next Gen (And Current) with absolutely everything. Career, Online, Record and Share gameplay, Westpac Stadium, Adelaide Oval, Cazaly's Stadium and Blundstone Arena. Not mentioning VFL, SANFL, WAFL and quite potentially TSL and NEAFL teams?

We want to see Who here would pay $149.99 for that? I definitely would. If the response is good, why not approach Tru Blu?

These blokes from the AFL Gaming HuB on Facebook would also pay that price for AFL Live 3. In 23 Minutes we have already got so much interest.

Capture.JPG

although i and most other people would love another big ant AFL game. AFL live 2 was cheaper, Quicker and easier to make then AFL live 1. with sale (i'm guess) fairly close the amount of AFL live 1, why would a company like tru blu (who are already finding it hard to keep their heads above water.) take a risk by getting big ant to make it where the game could take a few years too make.
That's why an update dlc is an option, coz it'll be cheaper to make. Big ant and tru blu have to make this happen

If you divided each of my PS3 games' costs by the amount of hours playing them, AFLL1 would be my cheapest by far. I don't think it came out of my machine for the whole of 2011. If BA made AFL 3, with DBC's customisation and career mode, I'd pay shitloads for it.

If you divided each of my PS3 games' costs by the amount of hours playing them, AFLL1 would be my cheapest by far. I don't think it came out of my machine for the whole of 2011. If BA made AFL 3, with DBC's customisation and career mode, I'd pay shitloads for it.

I'm the same. Spent numerous hours on AFL Live. Live 2 was an utter disgrace by comparison, and I got my money back for it.

If WW make another AFL game, I won't be buying it. Infuriating that we finally get a decent AFL game, only for the developer to be dropped and there be little chance of a proper sequel ever being released.

I guess that's just the reality of business...

So I just recently saw that WW are bringing out DLC, well done to them. However, the majority of the AFL Gaming community prefers AFL Live 1. I want to see how many people would want to see Big Ant take back the reigns.

Just say; AFL Live 3 on Next Gen (And Current) with absolutely everything. Career, Online, Record and Share gameplay, Westpac Stadium, Adelaide Oval, Cazaly's Stadium and Blundstone Arena. Not mentioning VFL, SANFL, WAFL and quite potentially TSL and NEAFL teams?

We want to see Who here would pay $149.99 for that? I definitely would. If the response is good, why not approach Tru Blu?

These blokes from the AFL Gaming HuB on Facebook would also pay that price for AFL Live 3. In 23 Minutes we have already got so much interest.

View attachment 54419

What is this hub place you speak of and what goes on there?

View attachment 54419

$149? Pfft. AFL Live 1 wasn't that good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I heard a hint drop on a youtube channel a while back the Big Ant will be making the next AFL Live game (hopefully it gets released on 360 because, I don't really feel like getting an Xbox One).

If they do make it here's a wishlist of some features I'd like to see:
-Separate player and coach career modes, and/or maybe go from playing to coaching (really dislike the captain/coach style that Wicked Witch copied over from their iOS game to make AFL Live 2, which btw I believe all they did was copy that game and tweak the graphics a bit for consoles).
-In player career mode you should start off as say a 16 year old in the TAC Cup/other , and move up to National Champs then (if you're selected to go) go to the draft combine for testing have interviews with clubs that have picks in your draft range (which changes throughout TAC Cup/National Champs), then when you get picked up (whether on the primary or rookie list) you spend the time with your clubs VFL affiliate trying to impress enough to get a senior game. Then you go in (probably starting as sub) and try to get a spot on the field and from there become a star with the possibility of earning captaincy, brownlow(s), coleman(s), norm smith(s), etc. Also should be up to 20-25 years in length and skills, fitness, etc. should begin to deteriorate at a certain point based on past injuries, etc. Retiring should also be when the player chooses. Upon finishing the player career you might be inducted into the AFL/club hall of fame, and potentially be offered an assistant coaching role. You could also be traded/delisted by your club if you aren't performing or if you want a trade, and also have the ability to field free agency offers (with negotiation playing a part if you want more money or a longer contract or both).
-In coaching career mode you should be able to; hire assistant and line coaches, scout potential draftees, try to bring in free agents, trade players, draft some new blood via the ND, RD and PSD. Try to get a better contract for yourself, etc. Of course you would start out as an assistant coach and try to beat out other people for a senior coaching role, even if you have to coach at VFL level or whatever.
-Basically all the essential features we've come to know and love (custom match/season, online and single console multiplayer, etc.).

I'm probably being too optimistic in wishing for such fully functional (and in depth) career modes, but I really love when a sports games career mode is that immersive. I reckon Big Ant could take all the building blocks from DBC 14 and pinch elements from the NBA 2K's, FIFA's and Madden's to make what I reckon would be the most in depth and best AFL game ever!

What video was this? If that was the case it would likely be released next Season and by then I'd assume it would be on both next gen and current gen as Don Bradman is getting a next gen release later this year. Although I guess it's really current gen now... But yeah I can't hold my hopes too high unless I see it for myself

It was that one, but I can't remember at what time in the video it was mentioned.
Hmm if it was released next season I doubt it'd have all the features I'm hoping for. But I reckon Big Ant could probably be made similar to that of DBC 14. My ultimate AFL game would (as I said in the last post) draw elements from FIFA, DBC 14, Madden and NBA 2K.

In the next episode of the 8bit to the Future podcast we will be looking at the state of AFL games and our experiences with both AFL Live games.

Have only just seen this thread. There was a lot wrong with AFL Live that needed fixing. I certainly would love to see what they could do making it for the next gen consoles.

Did you play both of the AFL Live games? I thought the first one had a lot of promise.

Did you play both of the AFL Live games? I thought the first one had a lot of promise.

Yeah played both, and enjoyed playing them, especially against mates over a few drinks. I agree that the first one had promise, but there were just too many things with that game that frustrated me to no end. I don't know much about what goes in to designing a game, but surely guys that know footy have to have some sort of insight in to designing the game.

Played both. I thought that the first one was by far the better game even without a career mode. AFL Live 2 did not play well and I believe that all Wicked Witch did was tweak the engine they used to make "AFL Live Gold Edition" to make it run on the consoles. This to me shows they put absolutely no effort into developing a new game when they made AFL Live 2. I believe that even the graphics were frankly no better than Big Ant's AFL Live (in fact I've found their players often looked nothing like the guys in real life, I mean they had Hurley and Heppell with brown hair...wtf!).
If Don Bradman Cricket is any indication then if Big Ant make AFL Live 3, it'll be one hell of a game!

I personally loved AFL Live 1, and I am currently still playing it. Sure, there are too many tackles but I think the overall the game is a lot of fun and came a long way from the previous rubbish we were dished up where the full forward would always be alone and kick 20 goals per game. I haven't played AFL Live 2 because of all the bad comments about it, and if Wicked Witch's Wii version is anything to go by (which i have played) then I'm glad I haven't wasted any of my life on it. Big Ant were on the right track with AFL Live 1 and I'm still hugely disappointed that they aren't making another AFL game.

All my thoughts have been posted previously, but my general thoughts are AFL1 was the best AFL game ever, and a real sequel would've been amazing (especially seeing what BA have done with DBC). AFL2 was crap. From 1 to 2 was like stepping back 10 years. It was basically a crappy app ported to the PS3.

I personally loved AFL Live 1, and I am currently still playing it. Sure, there are too many tackles but I think the overall the game is a lot of fun and came a long way from the previous rubbish we were dished up where the full forward would always be alone and kick 20 goals per game. I haven't played AFL Live 2 because of all the bad comments about it, and if Wicked Witch's Wii version is anything to go by (which i have played) then I'm glad I haven't wasted any of my life on it. Big Ant were on the right track with AFL Live 1 and I'm still hugely disappointed that they aren't making another AFL game.

Pretty much was the same

Remove this Banner Ad

Back