The Fat on Tuesday night

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Boss

Team Captain
May 8, 2003
Seriously?
AFL Club
West Coast
As well as the new timeslot, they may as well have renamed the show to "The Rugby Fat'. It was all about League & Union. Total borefest. And their 1 and only guest was as boring as the sports he's played (League & Union).
Why they keep having that Liz Ellis on is beyond me. She's neither funny or good looking - and never has anything interesting to say.
I wish Dr Turf had of smacked Rebecca in the gob.
You know it makes sense.

Their coverage of the SANFL incident involving umpire Richard Williams was pretty poor as well. No mention of the fact that there was apparently racial abuse involved, nor that the Port Adelaide Magpies used this as leverage to get one of their players off a report (for punching?).

and according to Rebecca Wilson the only interesting thing was the Neitz incident where and I quote "Neitz punched on with three cabbies and wrestled with eight security guards"

He's a big boy Neita, but fair dinkum sign him up for the Wallabies and you'd have him holding up the pommie scrum by himself!!

Cheers

Gonzo

Originally posted by JUBJUB
It looks like THE FAT won't be around much longer.Tony Squires is leaving at the end of the year to go to channel 7 and host a similar type show [another ch7 rip-off that will fail].

I heard that he got sick of the ABC screwing around with the timeslot and format and jumped at an offer that 7 offfered him.

Good luck to him however. It will end up being aunty's loss and 7 's gain.

Originally posted by Mr Eagle
And apparently Seven are try to get their hands on Rebecca Wilson and Peter Whatshisface too...

damn, if they could have all the regulars on (Dr. Turf etc) and leave rebecca "stupid bimbo" Wilson and Peter "i cant be ****ed making up a middle name for this guy" whatshisface off, it would be a good show

Originally posted by Mr Eagle
And apparently Seven are try to get their hands on Rebecca Wilson and Peter Whatshisface too...

Does Wilko call the rugby league for the ABC in NSW ?
If he does,I doubt he'd leave.
Hopefully Rebecca "Jeannie Little" Wilson goes the way of Angela Bishop - far,far away from our TV screens.

Originally posted by JUBJUB
Does Wilko call the rugby league for the ABC in NSW ?
If he does,I doubt he'd leave.
Hopefully Rebecca "Jeannie Little" Wilson goes the way of Angela Bishop - far,far away from our TV screens.

Wilko used to call league for ABC radio many years ago, not anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wilson has a sports "gossip" column in one of the Sunday papers too - all rubbish.

Wilko did call the league on ABC, then 2GB, then nowhere.

They are league oriented but at least try with Jude BOlton or Spider Everitt or somebody. BUt they insist on having yawn Mikey and Sandman

Sam Kecovich is my favourite. :D
You know I'm right.

This letter to the editor appeared in The Murray Pioneer, Tuesday, July 15.
A reaction to critiscism of the move by the newspaper's tv columnists.
Not sure if Mrs Cooper has been brainwashed by Sam Kekovich or not, but her written word is very similar to his weekly set piece on The Fat.

Fat move not a loss
SO you think it's a shame that 'The Fat' has been relegated to a more suitable late night timeslot (TV Talk, The Murray Pioneer, Tuesday, July 8).
Now poor you can't surf between channels during commercial breaks.
Your miserable addled little brain obviously hasn't comprehended that those ads you are avoiding actually pay for the footy telecast.
I can't understand why you would want to watch a panel of know-it-alls blathering on about something you should have enough nouse to comprehend for yourself.
Monday night television is littered with crossovers to tribunals where some thug or another has been suspended.
That only means he's not allowed to play for a couple of weeks, instead of being strung up by vital parts, which may even be more of a deterrent to unsportsmanlike behaviour.
As for football itself, what is so fascinating about a mob of hoons in clown's jumpers wallowing with violence in a muddy paddock?
If such loutish behaviour is that much of a turn on for you and thousands of other mindless cheapskate couch potatoes like you, then get down to your local oval, pay your admission fee and support your own local hoons in their clown jumpers as they wallow violently in a muddy paddock.
At least you will be doing something for your community, as well as freeing up channel space for more important shows like acting awards, tatty home renovations, soapies and B-grade American movies - all with commercial breaks.
HELEN COOPER
Loxton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back