The Five Fastest Dockers - a need for speed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Leroy Jetta apparently wants to come back to WA according to the Essendon board.

There is a pacy, skilled wingman if we want one to take the pressure off Hill. WA boy to boot. Can rack up the possessions as well. Played some fantastic games for Essendon but seems to have stagnated of late. One would think he could thrive further under Ross.

Put him on a diet of testosterone and hard work

Cigars and whiskey will do just as good for the vocal chords, not so good for output on the field though.

Pretty clear looking at the crows, bulldogs and giants win this week that speed is now more important than ever.
Four years later from this thread and we are still a bunch of laggards, and might end up losing one of our fastest in Langdon (plus Ballas and Mayne, but they're well past their peak).
As the title says, we need speed!!!!!

Pretty clear looking at the crows, bulldogs and giants win this week that speed is now more important than ever.
Four years later from this thread and we are still a bunch of laggards, and might end up losing one of our fastest in Langdon (plus Ballas and Mayne, but they're well past their peak).
Bennell is pretty speedy, but actually agree we seem to lack in the speed stakes yet again. Weller, Crozier perhaps? S Hill is obviously elite, would be great having the younger B Hill to help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And height (Fwds and backs) and elite kicks.... That's not asking too much is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And height (Fwds and backs) and elite kicks.... That's not asking too much is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Controversial I know, but I'd go as far as to say with Apeness and A Pearce showing signs, fast guy/s that can kick is possibly our # 1 need

S Hill seemed to be a bit lacking at times to me in the speed stakes this year, wonder if he was carrying some small niggle

I've said it for years. The 3 esses.

Speed
Skill
Smarts

Every potential Freo player must tick at least 2 of these boxes, or if it's only 1 they better be bloody elite at it.

Hawthorn have been trading and drafting this way for 6 or 7 years. We caught on 2 years ago.

Hasn't our speed improved already from back in 2012?

Hill, Sheridan, DPearce, Weller, Crozier, Yarran, Bennell, Walters are all fairly fast aren't they? Tucker, Blakely and Neale are faster than what we've had in the past as well. Brad Hill would obviously add to that but even without him I wouldn't call us a slow team.

Agree with Kram, better skills are far more important than speed atm for us. But we are heading in the right direction with that too.

Hasn't our speed improved already from back in 2012?

Hill, Sheridan, DPearce, Weller, Crozier, Yarran, Bennell, Walters are all fairly fast aren't they? Tucker, Blakely and Neale are faster than what we've had in the past as well. Brad Hill would obviously add to that but even without him I wouldn't call us a slow team.

Agree with Kram, better skills are far more important than speed atm for us. But we are heading in the right direction with that too.

Sheridan, Crozier and Walters are not quick. Walters just looks quick because his brain works quicker than anyone else out there, which is the point people are trying to make about skills.
I think we are slow in comparison to many teams

Bennell is pretty speedy, but actually agree we seem to lack in the speed stakes yet again. Weller, Crozier perhaps? S Hill is obviously elite, would be great having the younger B Hill to help.
Not a lot of point having speed when you're too afraid to use it. Brad would be a backward step.

Sam mitchell is not quick but he brain (cheating), and skill (both foot ) compensate it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back