FTA-TV The Footy Show - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

wouldn't really surprise me if sam didn't do it this year, there's no real need to, the show has moved past him in all the wrong ways. newman is old school and asks real questions and that has no place on the footy show where the overpaid glamourpusses like heppell and goddard have rehearsed lines they recite, as soon as any player ever in the last few years is asked any question that isn't in line with the AFL's PR program the player is protected by the hosts, it's cringeworthy, newman points out how they wont even let the player speak but the show goes on, this hollow charade goes on, these fat victorian idiots keep putting a show called 'the footy show' out there but it's more like "how to raise a gay footballer"...

It certainly needs a rejig. Sam does make the show, for better or worse. I would argue worse these days, because the show just isn't that funny, he has no foils. The show has always been a mix of entertainment and serious football discussion, but when the players can't indulge in frivolity (kill me), it just comes across as awkward.

I think more media personalities and even footy mad comedians would help it. That and being more selective on who comes on, some players are big enough, that they can actually say things without risking their position - pick those guys.

Eddie won't be back cause he has a contract with fox footy which he can't break
He was probably just trying to be dramatic, but he was dancing around it on Triple M the other morning. :D

Q: "Eddie, will you host, or are you at all interesting in hosting, The Footy Show this year?"
A: "I have a contract with Fox Footy"
Q: "Again, yes or no, is there any chance that you will host The Footy Show this year?"
A: "I have a contract with Fox"
Q: "We didn't ask you that. Will you host The Footy Show, yes or no?"
A: "Didn't you hear me? I said I have a contract with Fox,......"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was probably just trying to be dramatic, but he was dancing around it on Triple M the other morning. :D

Q: "Eddie, will you host, or are you at all interesting in hosting, The Footy Show this year?"
A: "I have a contract with Fox Footy"
Q: "Again, yes or no, is there any chance that you will host The Footy Show this year?"
A: "I have a contract with Fox"
Q: "We didn't ask you that. Will you host The Footy Show, yes or no?"
A: "Didn't you hear me? I said I have a contract with Fox,......"
Perhaps, but now I'm, starting think that maybe they are working on something behind the scenes that will allow Eddie to co-host.

Does anyone know if they are doing the Footy Show baggy blue again this year?

I think Channel 7 won the right to issue the "Baggy Blues" when they won the right to telecast the legends game later in the year ;)

I used to watch the footy show all the time, but don't so much anymore. But i feel it's getting poorer. i watched it tonight and the one thing i want to rip into is Sam vs Crawfs kids thing. How many fools actually believed Sam really babysat Shane's kids i mean come on. You're telling me someone set hidden cameras in Sam's house without him noticing (even if it is his house because i thought he lived in a penthouse). Plus you can clearly see people's feet moving behind the door. Seriously now i don't usually rip into it, but i felt that even lying about it was executed so poorly it's laughable

I used to watch the footy show all the time, but don't so much anymore. But i feel it's getting poorer. i watched it tonight and the one thing i want to rip into is Sam vs Crawfs kids thing. How many fools actually believed Sam really babysat Shane's kids i mean come on. You're telling me someone set hidden cameras in Sam's house without him noticing (even if it is his house because i thought he lived in a penthouse). Plus you can clearly see people's feet moving behind the door. Seriously now i don't usually rip into it, but i felt that even lying about it was executed so poorly it's laughable

I don't watch the show myself and was hoping there would be a bit of a tribute to Paul Couch, saw that segment and it was incredibly cringe worthy.
A pair of spoilt brats roaming around a mansion with Sam trying to be funny, he's so out of sync and I'm honestly not sure they realize it. Very little laughter coming from the audience. Goddard on the side trying to get one laugh by playing around with dolls. Sad but that's officially the end of the Footy show. Can't see it going on after this season is done and dusted.

I don't watch the show myself and was hoping there would be a bit of a tribute to Paul Couch, saw that segment and it was incredibly cringe worthy.
A pair of spoilt brats roaming around a mansion with Sam trying to be funny, he's so out of sync and I'm honestly not sure they realize it. Very little laughter coming from the audience. Goddard on the side trying to get one laugh by playing around with dolls. Sad but that's officially the end of the Footy show. Can't see it going on after this season is done and dusted.
It all rests on whether or not Garry returns for mine. If he does than the show goes on, if he doesn't than its curtains.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back