The Gambler

Remove this Banner Ad

I like how they do that. It's almost like they throw you a bone sometimes just to keep you around.
Seriously. Was betting a greyhound race late one Friday night at Mandurah. They have this market as to whether or not the winner will come from box 1-4 or 5-8. The $1.50 favorite was in box 8 but somehow the odds had been done incorrectly so the winner to come from box 5-8 was paying $10.

Put $250 on and sure enough the favourite wins easily and I'm up $2.5k.

I'm pretty sure they got the markets mixed up haha. Either way, I wasn't complaining :p

Looks like an awful game of NFL Happydude. At least it's still close.

Do we have an NFL thread in the Blue Room?
We don't no one besides IT usually responds so I just threw my NFL comments into the you gotta love/hate and a little in general sports.

If we can generate enough posts to warrant a thread I'll start one.

2 quick TD's to NO hurt us there. Panthers can still do it but they need to make some plays instead of continuing that slug fest

Backed 4 horses in the cup today.
1 of them won Protectionist :)
another was disappointing Lucia Valentina :(
and the other 2 died....:eek:

Broke even on the race.....:confused:o_O
Cup was absolutely useless for me, but i got the winner in 4/10 races on the day and came out well ahead luckily.

Cup was absolutely useless for me, but i got the winner in 4/10 races on the day and came out well ahead luckily.
My decision to eventually leave Reparations out of my quaddie after initially having it in was shattering for me also.

4/10 is good going on Cup Day which is usually the hardest day of the carnival to find a winner.:thumbsu:

My decision to eventually leave Reparations out of my quaddie after initially having it in was shattering for me also.

4/10 is good going on Cup Day which is usually the hardest day of the carnival to find a winner.:thumbsu:
Had a look at Reparations for an each way bet too, but thought surely not! The trifecta for that race was paying about 70k i think! :eek:

I just got very lucky, it doesn't happen that way very often at all i can tell you that! I got race 2, 3, 8 & 10 so didn't make a huge killing, would've been nice to snag Reparations or General Groove!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not a huge fan of the line bets, especially the bigger ones. If they're up by 15 with 5 mins to go, they normally throw the reserves on and who knows how that will turn out haha.

Having said that, yours should all get up!
I hate them as well, but i had an odd amount of money in my account so i rounded it off nicely with a silly bet of $8.82. Don't like seeing those pesky cents lying around. I don't expect it to win, but it'll be nicely if it does!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back