Universal Love The game that just keeps giving (2013 - PF)

Remove this Banner Ad

Such a great game, really gets me up and about...
images

Don't act like you're not impressed. :D

Ha ha

Very apt username, too, Gold Member!

;)

In 2010 I think it was R2 when Geelong won (duh) there was this bloke who was bagging Gibbo all game. I was with my Dad and his mate and my Dad knows Gibbo and was taking probably more offense to the comments directed at Gibbo than he should of. My Dad can be a pretty intimidating man when he wants and I don't think the guy came back after half time :p

I bet it was the same bloke!!! Good on your dad for giving it to the tosser!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Krock was fairly unbiased, but I thought it was a little bit flat. The Burgoyne goal was completely fluffed in terms of commentary...

Listening to the final quarter now! :)

Gotta say, I'm liking the sound of the Krock commentary. Doesn't sound biased at all...

The disappointment in their voices makes it that much more enjoyable. I love how they try to tread the line of catering to a Geelong audience whilst under the pretence of being objective. Sort of reminds me of Fox New's coverage of the past 2 US federal elections. All around, great entertainment!

Shocking commentary, hardly any enthusiasm with Burgoyne goal and us winning the game. s**t

Yeah, it was crap, in hindsight. The only times when they were really excited were at the start of the last quarter, when Caddy kicked his goal and when Varcoe was lining up. Rubbish!

I just love at the end you can clearly hear bluey McGrath crack the sads and throw his headset and mic off.

They try and sound unbiased but they show their colours during the whole last quarter, goes a lot quieter in the box compared to the 3rd quarter

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Just finished watching it for the fifth time. Was super impressed with Hill. The composure he showed at critical points in the game were beyond his years. I'm really looking forward to watching him blossom this year.

Thank f@$k we don't have to listen to that Swisse prostitute on Friday nights again. And Bwuce you can go f$%k yourself as well.

Just finished watching it for the fifth time. Was super impressed with Hill. The composure he showed at critical points in the game were beyond his years. I'm really looking forward to watching him blossom this year.

Thank f@$k we don't have to listen to that Swisse prostitute on Friday nights again. And Bwuce you can go f$%k yourself as well.

The swisse prostitute will still be there unfortunately.

I was like you, was real happy hearing Carey coming to 7 and most likely replacing Harley, however it turns out Harley is still there for special comments, which he is terrible at and Carey is being used for pre and post game and probably half time too.

I think it's a waste of his talents as he is great to listen to during a game and Harley is just once again terrible and never makes any hard calls. He just smiles like a flog and has a personality of a goldfish.

I posted this somewhere else about a week ago but it belongs in this thread.

When Burgoyne's contract is up (end of this year I think) we should sign him for at least another year, if only to play him as the Sub. He's obviously still performing at the highest level now, but he'd be a devastating Sub with his blistering acceleration, his toughness & his amazing skills & he's a leader & mentor of the highest level as well.

Absolute gun.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back