Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah common guys tomb raider wasn't trying to be a campaigner. Lara Croft would have stopped it.

Couldn't resist that one.

Recuperate first and foremost . What happened in the corner with his team probably been done and dusted. Tim elected to continue. He said it . Rest up Rockdale lad.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not sure how done and dusted it will be. When asked at the presser what he thought regarding the criticism of his cut man, he answered no comment.

What next for Mr Tszyu?
While it is a bit of a disaster, it’s not the end of the world for Tim.
He might be locked out of any big fights at 154 for the time being, so he might have to have some lower key fights in Australia over the next 12-18 months while he rebuilds his stocks.

The dream scenario would be for Fundora to fight Spence, vacating his WBO belt, and a miracle occurs where Tim fights Crawford for the vacated WBO belt.

Now apparently Fundoras manager says he will honour the rematch.

However, Lewkowicz has since released a statement and declared he would “honour” the verbal agreement for a rematch.

“We were all so eager to make this fight that many of our agreements were made verbally,” Lewkowicz said.

“There wasn’t enough time. But I wish to make it clear that Team Fundora will honour the agreement. My word is always equal to a signed contract.

“Tim Tszyu, your rematch is ready when you are.”

Ah well boys, the Aussies went 0-3 on the weekend but proud of them all for stepping up. This sets Tszyu back a year, mightn’t be bad to wait a bit more for Crawford anyway.

I feel Tszyu lost no fans with his toughness, I think Errol Spence might be a good one for him to go for if he can get it.
Tim only gained fans.. Heaps of them. I've seen heaps if praise for both fighters, especially for Tim. Everyone calling for a rematch as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim only gained fans.. Heaps of them. I've seen heaps if praise for both fighters, especially for Tim. Everyone calling for a rematch as well.
Yeah, he has handled himself very well. No whinging at all. Could have easily blamed the cut but didn't. Even praised Fundora.

Seems to be a genuine respect between fighters and Fundora seems very likeable. Even sought Tim out after the fight, tried to hand him a belt.

I wonder if Fundora himself wanted his manager to respect the apparent verbal re-match clause?

What is it with Americans?
Now I’m hearing them saying Fundora’s father should be trainer of the year, because his son and daughter are now champions.

Shingo already also has two children as world champions, Naoya and Takuma, one of which will already go down as a Hall of Fame, all time great.

With a month to go, and my excitement and nerves starting to grow, I’d like to share this video I’d consider a must watch for fight fans.
It’s just pure skill, speed, power, and a brutality that could be considered abnormal for a person who portrays them self as so nice.
Enjoy fight fans, this is a genuine Superstar.

Rematch wouldn't have happened within that time anyway. Could see a November/December fight

Tims cut will need alot to heal properly too. The way he burrows in that'll open up alot if he doesn't let it heal completely before sparring/fighting again
Yep.
Fundoras people talking November.
I can seriously see this fight being in Australia.
Crawford simply doesn’t sell historically, and PBC can push Spence all they want, but they are broke.
Fundora v Tszyu in Australia is probably where the best money is at for Fundora.

Yep.
Fundoras people talking November.
I can seriously see this fight being in Australia.
Crawford simply doesn’t sell historically, and PBC can push Spence all they want, but they are broke.
Fundora v Tszyu in Australia is probably where the best money is at for Fundora.
I think it'll be over there again but would be good to get it here.

Bud is WBO mandatory, that fight has to happen within 180 days or vacate so Fondura will need to drop the belt to rematch Tim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back