news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hendricks is 173lbs 4 days out from his weigh in and looks in teriffic shape.

CaPQRSCUkAA4bkZ.jpg

Dumb question but is Fight Night live on Foxtel version of Fox Sports? With my increasing interest in UFC debating whether to sign up.

Pretty much. The fight nights are always shown on foxtel.

Hendricks is 173lbs 4 days out from his weigh in and looks in teriffic shape.

CaPQRSCUkAA4bkZ.jpg

Man, he has never looked that lean.

Will do wonders for his energy levels if he can eat & drink a little over the next 2-3 days, then cut 4-5 pounds. You can sweat out 5 pounds in a couple of hours without too much fuss. Not that I've ever cut weight but playing sport its easy to lose a couple of kgs fluid.

My brother used to cut over 6-7 days for wrestling & Judo & its not an enjoyable experience.

Means vs Cerrone off after Means tested positive to a possible USADA violation.. UFC trying to find a replacement

A designer steroid called ostarine is the drug in question according to reports I've read. Was looking forward to this fight. :(

Means vs Cerrone off after Means tested positive to a possible USADA violation.. UFC trying to find a replacement
Any chance Cerrone will step up and fight himself?

If they let him I dare say he would.

Reminds me of the scene from Liar liar: 'what are you doing?' 'I'm kicking my ass!'

Any chance Cerrone will step up and fight himself?

If they let him I dare say he would.

Reminds me of the scene from Liar liar: 'what are you doing?' 'I'm kicking my ass!'

The only other guy they could call at short notice around this weight just signed for Bellator, so he might have to. :D

Hoping Masvidal gets the call, that would be a great fight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So there's a rumour going around that the Fight Night card in Brazil headlined by Belfort vs Jacare is now going to be a PPV and headlined with a Werdum vs Miocic title fight.
I don't mind that! they have to add another PPV card so UFC 200 keeps its date.. so I'm assuming the rumor has legs

Are they still going to be fighting at welterweight?

I believe so. Pretty sure Cerrone wanted to test the waters there and Oliveira seems to be a pretty massive lightweight so would probably enjoy not having to cut.

Bellator also signs Sergei Kharitonov

If Bellator keep this up, and also manage to snag anyone unhappy in the UFC, I think they could really get themselves out there

Kharitanov is a great get for Bellator. Would have loved to see how he would have done in the UFC.

Are they still going to be fighting at welterweight?

Also, lol @ Oliveira's nickname also being Cowboy
They should have a side bet that the loser has to change his nickname.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back