news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That was such poor form. I love it when people choose to take an opportunity to get on their moral high horse, particularly in a cheap and uneducated fashion.

Yes, MMA is a violent sport, but it is a discipline that does not encourage people to participate in street violence. Do some people that are involved in street violence train MMA? Yes, most likely, but is it the main influence towards it?

The most common theme is that people are drunk or on drugs, but where are the masses calling for all drinking establishments to be closed? Why not ban alcohol and drugs? I'm being facetious to make a point.

If you chose to get into street fights on the weekend the boys that run our gym would toss you out.

The Project on channel 10 tried to link violence on the streets of Melbourne with MMA. Tom Wright then put them in their place.
of course, there was no violence in society before MMA, gangsta rap, violent games, violent films. I mean, it wasn't that long ago that absolutely everyone died from natural causes.

I blame Elvis and those suggestive hips.

citizen_cane.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enoyed the fights last night.

Anik is slowly getting better but is still s**t, but Brian Stann is great. If Florian ever does another event, Zuffa is taking the piss.

Is anyone concerned that with all of the cards, with UFC Fight Pass, more and more countries etc that there could be saturation of fights that hurts the product in some way?

Enoyed the fights last night.

Anik is slowly getting better but is still s**t, but Brian Stann is great. If Florian ever does another event, Zuffa is taking the piss.

Is anyone concerned that with all of the cards, with UFC Fight Pass, more and more countries etc that there could be saturation of fights that hurts the product in some way?

Yes, huge concerns that it is being overexposed.

I think that Fuel TV was about 30 seconds to 1 minute ahead of most streams?

Stann and Anik are a pretty decent combo.

Stann was pretty bad. How he didn't know that it was still possible for Kang to win a decision after losing two points was embarrassing enough, but that he mentioned it about 40 times made it that much more unbearable!

Card was OK without being overly memorable. I was impressed with Tarec in his debut, but really felt like he should have got the finish. Props to Lim for fighting on, but if Saffiedine had have chased the finish late in the third or early in the fourth, I don't see how he wouldn't have got it. Seemed a bit passive for my liking and it almost cost him in the last 20 seconds of the fifth.

Was impressed with Soriano as well in a losing effort. He gave Kawajiri all he could handle early on and managed to hang in there for a while when he eventually managed to get him down. No idea how Perceval managed to miss the tap in the second round though.

Stann was okay. I prefer him than the Anik Florian combo.
Rogan and Goldie are still my preferred team.

Stann was rough, and said tonnes wrong, but at least he had a slight hint of enthusiasm 0 not coming across as such a robot. Not by much though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back