news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What's everyone's thoughts on Gleison Tibau? Has amassed 16 UFC wins now but to be honest watching him fight still doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Obviously deserves respect for what he's achieved but I just cannot get excited knowing that he's likely to grind out a decision.

What's everyone's thoughts on Gleison Tibau? Has amassed 16 UFC wins now but to be honest watching him fight still doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Obviously deserves respect for what he's achieved but I just cannot get excited knowing that he's likely to grind out a decision.
Boring as s**t. Large number of split decision victories. How he beat dos Anjos is beyond me. Other than that he's never beaten anyone decent. Hovers at the lower end and gets picked off by guys like Johnson, miller and Dunham. Apparently he's a legend now though :drunk:

do you buy into the Anderson v weidman 3 before the list of middleweights that could fight before then.
If that happens - it would almost push me to the point of creating a twitter account to rant about the decision to DW. :D
Soooo hecking sick of this trilogy crap. Nobody wants to see belts logjammed for 12 months at a time, they want new and exciting matchups for their title fights 3-4 times a year.

If that happens - it would almost push me to the point of creating a twitter account to rant about the decision to DW. :D
Soooo ruddy sick of this trilogy crap. Nobody wants to see belts logjammed for 12 months at a time, they want new and exciting matchups for their title fights 3-4 times a year.
Exactly. I want Weidman to fight the best whilst he's in his prime (he gets injured enough as it is). Anderson can heck off

Its okay, Diaz will beat Silva then its Diaz vs Weidman. :D
Then Diaz wins and fights Cormier at 185 and once DC loses he moves to 170 and fights there for 3 years while Lawler & Big rig fight a few more times.

Nek minit, DC says after a win: 'Mighty Mouse, I'm coming for you boy!'

Then Diaz wins and fights Cormier at 185 and once DC loses he moves to 170 and fights there for 3 years while Lawler & Big rig fight a few more times.

Nek minit, DC says after a win: 'Mighty Mouse, I'm coming for you boy!'
image.jpg

DC taken down by mighty mouse...and still no one cares because it's an irrelevant division

image.jpg

DC taken down by mighty mouse...and still no one cares because it's an irrelevant division
most under rated division in the UFC I wish they would focus more on it, but they main audience is lame ass yanks that just want two guys to stand and bang

most under rated division in the UFC I wish they would focus more on it, but they main audience is lame ass yanks that just want two guys to stand and bang
I think it is the weakest division x 100. Just little flies jumping around the joint. Decision decision decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find there skill set very high you dont have to have Kos and Subs tp make it an interesting fight
Without doubt. Mighty Mouse it top glass. But it drops off quickly after the top 3. He should go up to 135 again before he gets too bored. I think he'd give that division a real go. Without cruz I think he could win the belt in both.

Its okay, Diaz will beat Silva then its Diaz vs Weidman. :D

Off topic, but I lolled at your avatar :D

This trilogy fascination has to stop, but the only way I can see it happening is an overhaul on how fights are made. The line between sport and entertainment is all too often blurred when it comes to the UFC. Based on the precedent set by the UFC there isn't a champion in any division who doesn't earn an immediate rematch if they lose a title fight, no matter how there fight plays out.

The 170 and 185 divisions are currently potentially interesting but stagnant due to the title fights promised or booked. Silva should not get a shot over Rockhold, Jacare or Machida if Weidman beats Vitor. Silva should fight Bisping (when he wins) or the winner of the other fight that doesn't earn the title shot. Rory should be fighting for the title too, he has earned his shot.

Make fights based on results and rankings and then market the fights and fighters from their results. Don't clog up divisions so that you can sell a card based on a rematch.

Hendo has a wrestling advantage too. I doubt he tries to stand and trade with Mousasi for too long and think it's all about whether he can take the fight to the ground. I favour Mousasi, but Hendo has a couple of ways to win.

Disagree, takedown advantage to Hendo but I think GM is too slick on the ground and should be able to transition either top or bottom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back