News The Ginnivan Rule - AFL cracks down

Remove this Banner Ad

Port had a go I see protecting Boak even though nothing really untoward was done they responded to the vigorous tackle.

Well thought you'd be interested to see the coach no longer agreeing with you.
And who won?

Point out where Fly said anything that resembles the archaic things you've been promoting. He was pretty obviously referring to the media when he made the statement about doing better

And who won?

Point out where Fly said anything that resembles the archaic things you've been promoting. He was pretty obviously referring to the media when he made the statement about doing better

Port lost by a goal and it certainly wasn't due to the melee of which they scored a goal from...

No he was not, he was talking about the umps not protecting him and that they need to look at starting too.

Archaic lmao geez you talk some s**t sometimes, letting your imagination fill what I meant rather then said.

Seems the coach fly is making noise about us protecting him if the umps won't. Bit late to the party but better then never I guess.
I don’t think he meant it that way.

I don’t think he meant it that way.
I actually think he did. He’s shown far more grace toward the umpiring in those press conferences over the past few weeks than he should’ve. I think that pivot was a clear acknowledgement that he thinks Ginni’s treatment by the umpires is bullshit. Good on him for saying what he said yet still showing the restraint not to be hyperbolic about it (see journo’s continuing to try to get him to contort or expand on his concise answer to the question - he didn’t bite further, refrained from further comment and didn’t allow them to turn his words into clickbait). Incredibly polished performance at that presser but I think his intent was very clear if not explicit.

It was frustrating in the second quarter yesterday when Burgoyne got that free for a high tackle and not even 2 minutes later the almost exact same thing happened to Ginnivan and no free.

i dont think that endears him to umpires
* umpires
The players should belittle the incompetent ones on field, publically.

It was frustrating in the second quarter yesterday when Burgoyne got that free for a high tackle and not even 2 minutes later the almost exact same thing happened to Ginnivan and no free.
Exactly right. Just finished watching a reply, and that is exactly what i saw, and though it would be good for the CFC to take footage of both those incidents, and ask WHY???

McRae has been close to perfect in his media work so far. However, I think he did overstate the club's coaching of ginnivan to get free kicks. He misjudged that most fans and umpires and the AFL didnt want players to pursue free kicks as a strategy. His statement reaffirmed that Jack was trying to win free kicks and this ended up putting more pressure on ginnivan.

The other "wobble" was his interpretation of the AFL's response to the head high attack on ginnivan. McRae pointed to the AFL as admitting to a mistake. However, as we all know, the AFL only admitted to the grabbing of ginnivans head after the tackle. The AFL still held ginnivan totally responsible for the tackle being around the head in the first instance. I thought at the time that McRae was interpreting the AFL position to play everything down to get things back on track. While I agree with the strategy, this thing isn't going away in the short term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back