Pendles stepping down ahead of 2023 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Moore.

Intelligent, articulate, Collingwood family history, and plays a position which is strategically suited to the captaincy.

Showed in 2022 just how passionate he is.

He also happens to be one of our best players.

If Darcy doesn't want it there are another 3 or 4 to pick from.

Moore.

Intelligent, articulate, Collingwood family history, and plays a position which is strategically suited to the captaincy.

Showed in 2022 just how passionate he is.

He also happens to be one of our best players.

If Darcy doesn't want it there are another 3 or 4 to pick from.
He has also openly talked about wanting to have that leadership position, and has naturally developed into a real leader down back (especially in the absence of Howe when he was injured). Perfect age, wants the role, has earned the trust of his teammates as both a player and a leader, bleeds B&W, and is a ripper bloke. Would be pretty happy with him as the face of our club.

I am interested in why people think that Jack Crisp would be a good captain.

I will admit that Captain Crisp has a ring to it.

Beyond that, is being a good and consistent footballer the only other consideration?

Beyond that, is being a good and consistent footballer the only other consideration?
It's like in juniors - if you win the BnF the year before then you become captain the following year.

So..... what about co-captains? I don't think I've seen anyone predicting it or suggesting it in a post.

I'm traditional in the sense of, I can't see why we would but I also wouldn't be jumping up and down spitting out chips of Tay and Darce both got the nod. Both very professional and very strong individuals with different on and off strengths no doubt. We have co-captains in Steph and Bri in our W swad. Wondering if this is time to have a look at it?

He’s better than good, he is a Copeland winner!

He plays the game the way it should be played, both home and away…

Nah he goes hard and does the team things he’s in the Maxwell category for me, expect a more complete footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't have access to the article, but the HS has an online piece which suggests that Crisp is 'putting his hand up'.

Seems odd, given that he hasn't featured in the leadership group, but no harm in signalling your interest.

I don't have access to the article, but the HS has an online piece which suggests that Crisp is 'putting his hand up'.

Seems odd, given that he hasn't featured in the leadership group, but no harm in signalling your interest.

Collingwood midfielder Jack Crisp has put his hand up to take on the club’s captaincy role after Scott Pendlebury stepped aside.

Copeland Trophy winner Crisp says he’d be up for the challenge and hopes to be considered in the mix alongside teammates Taylor Adams, Darcy Moore, Jeremy Howe and Brayden Maynard.
“I’d be more than happy to grab the role with two hands if the opportunity arose,’’ Crisp said.
“There’s a process at the club and we’re in a great position with others who can step up.
“It shows the club is well led by a core of players.”

Pendlebury had been captain for nine seasons. Crisp said he’s feeling well and ready to build on one of his most consistent seasons of footy.
“Personally to be in a position like this makes you feel chuffed and I’m feeling really fit,’’ he said.
“No injuries and I was saying to (wife Mikayla) that this has been one of my most enjoyable breaks so we’re hitting the ground running.”
Crisp and Mikayla were on Tuesday announced as ambassadors for February’s Twilight Beach Polo event at West Beach Pavilion in St Kilda.

What a privilege it’s been to watch the great peddles lead this club, has done a magnificent job on and off the field and someone you just can’t replace. The best Part is he will still be there in a support role for whoever gets the job. Thanks SP10 🐐 please don’t retire

Warning: Grandpa Simpson-esque rambling coming up.

This is a tough one because I'm very introspective and indescicive.

Obviously I'll support whoever is captain, but in the short term I feel like Howe is actually the best for the role. However, at 32 there's a question mark on how long he has left and whether his body will be up to the challenge.

From the outside, it looks as if Moore has really stepped up in his leadership skills, and like pendles I think he would grow into the role well if selected. I also don't buy all the bullshit that people mention about him not being committed enough, I like a person with balance and it seems he has that.

It would be interesting to the hear the perspective of Nick Maxwell on this. I know he never really had captaincy ambitions, but I wonder how much more he got out of having Scott Burns for that one year.

I wonder how much having different captaincy styles influenced his captaincy. Alternatively, was he already learning them through his experience playing under Burns as well as Fraser whilst they were in leadership positions?

Personally, I thrive off learning under multiple managers/leaders. Whilst I don't work in a leadership position, within my role I utilise them on a daily basis. In my work I've been asked to be a manager and I refused, I don't want my leadership to be monetised. I also can't stand the idea of any Well left untapped, I want to learn more and I'm suspicious of anyone that thinks they're infallible.

So my ideal captain is someone that fits the mould that those in charge have defined.
After last year I genuinely trust them to make the right decision and I can put my own opinions to the side. I respect that they have the best interests of the club going forward.

Thank you to those who read my post, it may not be the most comprehensible one but it came from the heart.

Warning: Grandpa Simpson-esque rambling coming up.

This is a tough one because I'm very introspective and indescicive.

Obviously I'll support whoever is captain, but in the short term I feel like Howe is actually the best for the role. However, at 32 there's a question mark on how long he has left and whether his body will be up to the challenge.

From the outside, it looks as if Moore has really stepped up in his leadership skills, and like pendles I think he would grow into the role well if selected. I also don't buy all the bullshit that people mention about him not being committed enough, I like a person with balance and it seems he has that.

It would be interesting to the hear the perspective of Nick Maxwell on this. I know he never really had captaincy ambitions, but I wonder how much more he got out of having Scott Burns for that one year.

I wonder how much having different captaincy styles influenced his captaincy. Alternatively, was he already learning them through his experience playing under Burns as well as Fraser whilst they were in leadership positions?

Personally, I thrive off learning under multiple managers/leaders. Whilst I don't work in a leadership position, within my role I utilise them on a daily basis. In my work I've been asked to be a manager and I refused, I don't want my leadership to be monetised. I also can't stand the idea of any Well left untapped, I want to learn more and I'm suspicious of anyone that thinks they're infallible.

So my ideal captain is someone that fits the mould that those in charge have defined.
After last year I genuinely trust them to make the right decision and I can put my own opinions to the side. I respect that they have the best interests of the club going forward.

Thank you to those who read my post, it may not be the most comprehensible one but it came from the heart.
I think most of us love Howie but I think they need to give it to someone younger. I feel as though Darcy has been earmarked for the roll for a while now.

Crisp because his kid will be in the same class as my grandson next year :)

In all honesty, Crisp for 2 years then handover to Moore. Class act and deserves it similar to Bucks over to Maxwell.

Not Adams that’s for sure.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Makes so much sense. What’s the process, is it player led, coach or mixed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back