2023 Premiership Doco

Remove this Banner Ad

That's what I would have thought too. There would have to be some negotiations to air it on free to air/stream it & it would probably take a little while, and not likely to happen when it's still on at Hoyts.
And they're still screening at Hoyts (with the most updated session times) until at least Wednesday next week - albeit just one session a day. It's pleasingly had a decent length run at the cinema, allowing people to have multiple viewings if they desire. The second time's just as good as the first, if not better as you notice things you didn't the first time (none of which I can recall off the top of my head).

As this is being broadcast on 7 I advise everyone who is recording it, and not in front of the TV, to add at least 30 minutes on to your recording time.
As I will be in Melbourne at a show I am even setting the show after this to record, just in case.
7 never broadcast on time. Case in point, watching Frint Bar right now that was scheduled to end at 9:30. It’s 9:49 and not near ending!

As this is being broadcast on 7 I advise everyone who is recording it, and not in front of the TV, to add at least 30 minutes on to your recording time.
As I will be in Melbourne at a show I am even setting the show after this to record, just in case.
7 never broadcast on time. Case in point, watching Frint Bar right now that was scheduled to end at 9:30. It’s 9:49 and not near ending!

Dare say be able to Stream the Show/Doco Afterwards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brilliant doco from start to finish. Hopefully it will be uploaded to the 7Plus app soon.

An absolute joy to witness the rollercoaster of emotions that we experienced to win #16.

After watching it, it's only made me more determined for us to do it again. I'm hoping this Thursday night is the start of something special after an indifferent start to the season.

So I was lucky enough to catch this documentary.

Not gonna lie, as a 53 year old, I've had more than my fair share disappointment in pain.

I remember 77, the favourites to win it, nup, 79,80,81, nup no luck there, move on to 02 and 03, totally up against it, nup no luck there.

The waste of 2011, the oh so close but probably shouldn't have in 2018.

Only Collingwood supporters and Collingwood Football Club itself know this pain, it's not up for debate.

Watching this documentary.

I

Broke

Down.

I also broke down in isolation, hours after our win, where I watched the game at my BF Dads place. A father figure to me since I was 6 years old.

92 yo, prostate cancer, likely his last chance for a flag win for his beloved Pies. To see the joy in him is something I will never ever, ever, EVER forget

As a descendant of the late great Daniel Minogue I have investment just as much as any other Pie faithful.

The joy of my Minogue brethren and family I will never, ever, ever, EVER forget.

Does this Flag make up for all that pain, yes and no, this is not over, we've still got a job to do. We need to win 17 before one of the bombouts or the blose do.

Work to be done, and I won't be satisfied until we get the upper hand! (which we already have btw when you consider we've won all the metrics over all other clubs over the course of the competition), but you all know what I mean.

Last edited:
Apart from clearly being a brilliant tactical coach, McCraes respect for our supporters was obvious from day 1.
Nick, Darcy and the coach all point out how unbelievable our support of the team is, something that Collingwood hating morons, whose clubs wouldn't exist without the money we make for the competition, will never have the brains to understand.
Eternally grateful for what he's done.

I thought the same

Guess that's the same for everyone. Particularly those who only just miss out. You either want to taste success again & it makes you hungrier. Or you're satisfied with what you've got.

Hopefully all the boys are still hungry for more.

Guess that's the same for everyone. Particularly those who only just miss out. You either want to taste success again & it makes you hungrier. Or you're satisfied with what you've got.

Hopefully all the boys are still hungry for more.
Hopefully. Was interesting to see fly said "we need to find players that are hungry..".

I empathise. Catholism and Collingwood - two burdens I have had in my life that have brought with them long unyielding periods of pain and suffering.

I managed to jettison catholicism fairly easily but I never once thought of dumping the Pies .....well thoughts have fleetingly passed my mind but they were forgotten by the start of the next season.

I stand here now as a better stronger more resilient man because of the Pies and the journey that we have all been on.

Please all stand as we sing the club song.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back