2023 Premiership Doco

Remove this Banner Ad

So I was lucky enough to catch this documentary.

Not gonna lie, as a 53 year old, I've had more than my fair share disappointment in pain.

I remember 77, the favourites to win it, nup, 79,80,81, nup no luck there, move on to 02 and 03, totally up against it, nup no luck there.

The waste of 2011, the oh so close but probably shouldn't have in 2018.

Only Collingwood supporters and Collingwood Football Club itself know this pain, it's not up for debate.

Watching this documentary.

I

Broke

Down.

I also broke down in isolation, hours after our win, where I watched the game at my BF Dads place. A father figure to me since I was 6 years old.

92 yo, prostate cancer, likely his last chance for a flag win for his beloved Pies. To see the joy in him is something I will never ever, ever, EVER forget

As a descendant of the late great Daniel Minogue I have investment just as much as any other Pie faithful.

The joy of my Minogue brethren and family I will never, ever, ever, EVER forget.

Does this Flag make up for all that pain, yes and no, this is not over, we've still got a job to do. We need to win 17 before one of the bombouts or the blose do.

Work to be done, and I won't be satisfied until we get the upper hand! (which we already have btw when you consider we've won all the metrics over all other clubs over the course of the competition), but you all know what I mean.
Ditto.
Slobbo, Lethal and anybody s**t-canning this doco can go fk themselves.
I saw this as a beautiful full stop on the work started under Bucks. A lot of the boys that won the flag were the carry over from 2018.
There is no harm in celebrating an achievement.

Taped it and watched it again after seeing it at the cinema. Aside from the annoying commercials, which l fast forwarded through, it seems that they edited bits out. At the cinema, showed the Daicos touched point from ground level, seemed to be edited out from the channel 7 edition, unless l somehow missed it.

Also noticed it was showing on Foxtel, but missed taping it. Hopefully they will show it again.

Never smiled so much watching a movie:)

Taped it and watched it again after seeing it at the cinema. Aside from the annoying commercials, which l fast forwarded through, it seems that they edited bits out. At the cinema, showed the Daicos touched point from ground level, seemed to be edited out from the channel 7 edition, unless l somehow missed it.

Also noticed it was showing on Foxtel, but missed taping it. Hopefully they will show it again.

Never smiled so much watching a movie:)
Oops. Just a correction. It was "44 sons" that showed the Daicos point in the last quarter from the ground angle. Confusing my premiership doco's:(

Watched it this afternoon whilst enjoying a few celebratory ales, Fantastic to watch and quite emotional.
I can see why the club has had a slow start to 2024 after everything that was put into that result.
I’m sure there will be a reset and as the year progresses we will see the side back towards the pointy end!
Back to back!!

Brilliant documentary,I loved every moment of it.That’s one of the best footy documentaries I’ve ever seen.

Fly is a remarkable human being,and we are so lucky to have him as our coach.

Watching the end of the the end of the documentary ,and seeing how close we came to losing the Grand Final,all I can say is thank God we won that.I couldn’t have stood another heartbreaking loss in a Grand Final.You just never know when you’ll get the chance to win one again.Premierships certainly don’t come easy for Collingwood,so it’s just as well we snagged that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brilliant documentary,I loved every moment of it.That’s one of the best footy documentaries I’ve ever seen.

Fly is a remarkable human being,and we are so lucky to have him as our coach.

Watching the end of the the end of the documentary ,and seeing how close we came to losing the Grand Final,all I can say is thank God we won that.I couldn’t have stood another heartbreaking loss in a Grand Final.You just never know when you’ll get the chance to win one again.Premierships certainly don’t come easy for Collingwood,so it’s just as well we snagged that one.
Given ourselves every opportunity throughout history though.

43 gf's, next closest are the blose and bombouts with 29 and 28

I empathise. Catholism and Collingwood - two burdens I have had in my life that have brought with them long unyielding periods of pain and suffering.

I managed to jettison catholicism fairly easily but I never once thought of dumping the Pies .
Same here! On both counts…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back