Review The good, the bad, the shat - vs Fremantle R3 2024

How many games will we win from our first 10?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't looked at the CBA stats but after watching the game (God I wish I could have that 3 hours back) I don't remember seeing Rachele or Pedlar once. Sure Pedlar was awful but still you don't need to have the footy to crash some packs.

Took us till the game was over to even throw Rankine in there.

Usually I say to my self that the coaches much have some footage or insight that we don't and there's greater reasons. Tonight I realised our club is coached by pure incompetence. Gold passes to s*t players who consistently fail under pressure. If dowling doesn't come in I'll ****** riot.

Here's to another 5 years in the wilderness.
Soligo to start and Crouch on the bench. Was about as innovative as it got.

Gutless.

The club, the players, the coach.

Signing nicks on for 2 more shaping up to be really something special. I wonder what the shortest turn around time from a new contract to sacking is. Who was going to poach him? What was the urgency?

Just so hard to watch.

We need a complete reset of board and coaching structure. Rahilly loss becoming more overt as the only capable person there. And goes to show - we can’t keep anyone decent.

6 more times to bore the nation and embarrass the club in primetime.

Ashamed to be a fan of this weak club.

Last edited:

Gutless.

The club, the players, the coach.

Signing nicks on for 2 more shaping up to be really something special. I wonder what the shortest turn around time from a new contract to sacking is. Who was going to poach him? What was the urgency?

Just so hard to watch.

We need a complete reset of board and coaching structure. Rahilly lose becoming more overt as the only capable person there. And goes to show - we can’t keep anyone decent.

6 more times to bore the nation and embarrass the club in primetime.

Ashamed to be a fan of this weak club.
Well said

Hahaha got to laugh thinking back only 2 weeks ago people thought it was bad to kick 1 goal in a half at wet & wild world on the Gold Coast without Tex… then they manage to kick only 2 goals in 3 quarters of a match in perfect conditions tonight with the club’s 7x leading goalkicker… it’s getting worse.

giphy.webp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soligo to start and Crouch on the bench. Was about as innovative as it got.
Dawson 14
Crouch 12
Laird 10
Soligo 9
Rankine 5
Pedlar 1

Last week we were

Dawson 24
Crouch 23
Laird 21
Berry 7
Soligo 5
Rankine 3
Rachele 1

So basically we just split the time Berry got between Soligo and Rankine.

Nicks in his press conference immediately blamed the players form, skill, execution, confidence and decision making. Nothing on his game plan

Thought we were in the game to 3 quarter time

Absolutely clueless
Someone said earlier (might have been you ...?) that the Crows are playing like a team that is not with the Coach; not on the same page.
Nicks blaming the players after that load of garbage will not go down well.

I am really, really looking forward to this statement from the Club:
"The board has complete faith in Matthew Nicks and support him 100%".

Then I'll know he's gone.
Can't wait! :sneaky: (but it might be a while, yet :sadv1:)

Nicks in his press conference immediately blamed the players form, skill, execution, confidence and decision making. Nothing on his game plan

Thought we were in the game to 3 quarter time

Absolutely clueless
Well, he's right that all of those things were terrible

I think it's the fact we re-signed him when we didn't need to that makes this all the more frustrating. Like if he was out of contract and we're dishing this s**t up, hey, no problem, he gets judged at the end of the year and we can find someone new.

But they already crowned him as a success before he even won anything, gave him a new deal and we're potentially dealing with this for 2025 at a minimum and then paying him to go away for 2026.

Back