NRL The Greatest Game of All (Strategic Plan)

Remove this Banner Ad

storm fan

Club Legend
Feb 7, 2011
StormHQ
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Australia Cricket,League,Union team
The Australian Rugby League Commission has today unveiled a five-year Game Plan setting out a strategy and the funding principles that will drive Rugby League’s future as The Greatest Game of All.

The plan commits Rugby League to being the most entertaining, most engaging and most respected sport with the mission of enriching people’s lives through the core values of excellence, courage, inclusiveness and teamwork.

Rugby League’s strategic plan forecasts that by 2017:

• An NRL Growth Fund will have made $200m available for investment in key projects.
• Club membership will reach 400,000;
• Rugby League social media platforms will engage 5.8m people;
• Average attendance at NRL games will increase to 20,000
• 700,000 people will play in competitions;
• 1.8m will be engaged in NRL community programs;
• 1.65m will take part in Rugby League activities;
• 84% of all NRL players will be engaged in education or career training;
• Central revenue will have doubled to more than $300m;

Full Story: http://www.nrl.com/nrl-five-year-strategic-plan/tabid/10874/newsid/70297/default.aspx

The New logos
logolevels.jpg

The Specific Warriors 2014 Logo (nice gesture, highlights that the game has grown further then our Australian Shores).

warriorssr.jpg

re the Warriors versions of the logo. I think it was really good gesture. Certainly is inclusive for Kiwis who grow up hating the green and gold...

The Vodafone Warriors’ NRL and NYC teams will be able to wear special New Zealand-flavoured logos on their playing jerseys from the start of the 2014 season but will use the just-released NRL logo in 2013.
In unveiling its five-year brand and strategic plan today the ARLC (Australian Rugby League Commission) revealed a new master brand drawing on the green and gold colours which recognise rugby league’s tradition in Australia spanning more than 100 years.
However, the NRL has also made specific changes to the NRL and NYC logos for the Vodafone Warriors by embracing New Zealand’s black and white tones. These versions will be available for use by the Vodafone Warriors for the 2014 season.
A New Zealand-flavoured version of the One Community logo has also been designed. This is due to be approved by the ARLC soon.
00050550-leadimage.jpg

A $200 million growth fund... It wasn't that long ago that the NRL was scraping together a few million to build Rugby League Central... It's mind blowing.

I don't think there has been so much optimism surrounding RL since the early 90's, if then... It's amazing what has been done in the short space of time since the game threw off News Ltd's shackles.

The game unified behind variations of one logo was a great idea and the new logos look modern and contain unique features of Rugby League and Australia. The logo I least like it the NRL Corporate Logo but one would think that this will be the least used logo with the NRL premiership the more seen logo by the casual sports fan or fan who only watches the National Rugby League. The other amazing thing about it is that fron the U6's right up to the NRL and International Footy, all players will wear one variation of the logo and for the kids, it's all about wearing a logo that their heroes wear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other amazing thing about it is that fron the U6's right up to the NRL and International Footy, all players will wear one variation of the logo and for the kids, it's all about wearing a logo that their heroes wear.
Yeah this is a good point.

I think it was one of Searle's (oh how the mighty have fallen) key points when he began whipping up support for the IC.

I guess we'll find out if going this way was better than going the other way and having the famous ARL logo on everything, ala the AFL logo.

Well it also marks the changing of the guard from the NRL partnership to the ARL commission. Each time something like this has happened (NSWRL - ARL - SL - NRL partnership) logos have changed. New ownership for the game,dans a new logo. Thank god that it is now the game that owns the game.

Well it also marks the changing of the guard from the NRL partnership to the ARL commission. Each time something like this has happened (NSWRL - ARL - SL - NRL partnership) logos have changed. New ownership for the game,dans a new logo. Thank god that it is now the game that owns the game.
Grant did say that they will retain the ARL logo, will only be used for the ARL though. It was too iconic to get rid of or change.

Exactly, the ARL logo though fits in with the design of these logo's anyway.
ARL-logo-6D2D7B3625-seeklogo.com.gif

i like the really old logos.

the afl and epl are very good in keeping traditional touches like logos. The old logos in the early nineties are the bomb.

400,000 members in 5 years?

Anyone think that is a reasonable target?

At the rate memberships have grown year on year, I don't see how anyone could think this is a unrealistic goal. Even if they fall just short that will still be remarkable.

At the rate memberships have grown year on year, I don't see how anyone could think this is a unrealistic goal. Even if they fall just short that will still be remarkable.

Agreed.

The good thing going for the NRL clubs is they had already started pushing club memberships for the past few years so its not as if they are starting from nothing or a point where fans don't understand the concept.

Personally I think they will more than meet the goal but smash past it quicker than some think.

Better to under promise and over deliver, than over promise and under deliver.

NRL Board moving in the right direction.

Yes I'm very happy with the Strategic Plan. Its something that my old favourite DG didn't dare to visit during his tenure at the NRL.

Love the new logos and especially the push for bigger memberships and larger attendances at games.

One beef I have is their plan not to fast track expansion. Whilst I can understand the Commission wants to settle the present clubs, finances, etc. I really hope they don't get left behind and not look at expansion after 2014.

Something, or dare I say Someone tells me they'll be looked after CC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back