Food & Drink The Hangar Beer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Ridge Brewery have a delivery special on their website ATM, 2 slabs 330ml for $100. Ordered Pale Ale/Hatlifter Stout on Saturday night and it was on my doorstep first thing yesterday morning. Tempted to get some Gippy Gold and maybe the Pilsener before the special ends.

Grand Ridge Brewery have a delivery special on their website ATM, 2 slabs 330ml for $100. Ordered Pale Ale/Hatlifter Stout on Saturday night and it was on my doorstep first thing yesterday morning. Tempted to get some Gippy Gold and maybe the Pilsener before the special ends.
Gippy Gold is a really beautiful drop, the pick of the bunch of their standard beers IMO. A beautiful amber indeed.

I've taken advantage of the 2 for 100 deal twice now; last year I ordered a slab of the Gippy Gold and Pilsner, and this year I ordered the Golden and Pale. The Hatlifter is a really lovely stout, I just don't know if I want to commit to an entire slab of one stout as I tend to prefer trying different stouts/porters as I come across them.

The only one of their regular beers that doesn't seem to be a part of their 2 for 100 deal is the Blonde; doesn't seem to be available at the moment.

Bang for buck and for the quality you're getting, the Grand Ridge 2 for 100 deal is about the best beer deal in town I reckon.

Last edited:

Went fishing at Point Turton on Yorke Peninsula last weekend. Had some boat issues and needed to get a new sparkplug as we had no spares. Went to a town called Minlaton which has a nice little craft brewery called Watsacowie Brewery where we decided to have lunch.

My paddle had a pilsner, red ale, porter, stout. Mates was the same except xpa instead of red. Probably 3 x 8/10 beers on mine, the stout was a 10/10, something else. Mate rated the xpa a 7.5.

Resized_IMG-20210710-WA0000_474507869077601.jpeg

Guess who owns Vintage Cellars.

In any case, it's no reason not to drink it - but maybe a reason people hadn't heard of it.
I meant more that the brand appears to be Czech but yes, Coles/affiliates seem to be the only ones to have it.

Took a bit to find it too (to your point) after having it at a mates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I meant more that the brand appears to be Czech but yes, Coles/affiliates seem to be the only ones to have it.

Took a bit to find it too (to your point) after having it at a mates.
Can find it almost every time I go to 1st Choice. Generally in stubbies, sometimes in 500ml cans

Not about a particular beer as such, but a question pondered over one at lunch today

Where did we get beer from pre-dan murphys?
I can remember old school music shops like leading edge and brash's
I recall tandy and dick smith when they were the place for electronics

For the life of me i cant remember what we (or my parents) did pre-dans

Not about a particular beer as such, but a question pondered over one at lunch today

Where did we get beer from pre-dan murphys?
I can remember old school music shops like leading edge and brash's
I recall tandy and dick smith when they were the place for electronics

For the life of me i cant remember what we (or my parents) did pre-dans
Drive-thru.

Yep, most pubs had a drive thru boozer or an attached bottle shop.

You'd have a session with the lads then get a carton or 2 and go back to someone's house, order some pizzas, then wake up in the morning wondering how the evening panned out and how the * you got home.

Someone gave me a blood orange Neipa and it was surprisingly good. Normally I’d steer clear but I have had another go at this one. Has anyone else tried it and if so what do you think?

View attachment 1626476
As with every NEIPA, love then but very dangerous

Lindeman's Faro Lambic ✅
Holgate Temptress Choc-Porter ✅
Sierra-Nevada Narwhal Imperial Stout ✅
Holgate barrel-aged imperial stout ✅

In the fridge still to try

Ink cold-brew coffee infused stout
Blackman's Arthur Smoked Porter

was grabbing some groceries and i saw the hard (alcoholic) solo being sold at the local BWS for cheap, didn't cop but i was tempted to.

has anyone had it before? i don't drink too much soft drink but i've always liked solo, so i might give it a try on the weekend if it's still on sale
It's really good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back