Sport The Hangar Cricket Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Just catching up now watching the nz sth iflica highlights.
Sounds like you're working through the tournament highlights backwards. Spoiler alert, we flogged England.

Geez these sheepgooses have got some big hitters.

Early wickets is the key for us bowling. Get McCullum and Guptil early and we're well on our way. Williamson will bat for himself whilst Taylor, Elliott have hardly fired a shot. Anderson and Ronchi are the true barometers for this NZ side. They get going and Mz could post 100 in the last 10.

I'm not to worried about there bowlers. Boult has been exceptional with the new ball. Outside of that, I'd be pretty happy with a run a ball from the other 40 overs.

FWIW I'm genuinely worried that McCullum is leaving his best WC innings to this. Hasn't scored a ton this WC but has looked like getting one in every innings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The masses would prefer to see the two best teams. **** the Indians

But the masses would be much larger if it was India.

We just have to bowl underarm all night. Should be a cracker. There is both good class on the field and excellent bragging rights for years to come at stake. Have New Zealand elevated their choke to the world cup final level or have they the team that can go through unbeaten. Looking forward to it.

Why didn't Dhoni dive? Had enough?
Dhonis innings was one of the most bizzare I have ever seen.

Smacked of resignation. Where was the dive or at the very least the drag of the bloody bat!!!

Early wickets is the key for us bowling. Get McCullum and Guptil early and we're well on our way. Williamson will bat for himself whilst Taylor, Elliott have hardly fired a shot. Anderson and Ronchi are the true barometers for this NZ side. They get going and Mz could post 100 in the last 10.

I'm not to worried about there bowlers. Boult has been exceptional with the new ball. Outside of that, I'd be pretty happy with a run a ball from the other 40 overs.

FWIW I'm genuinely worried that McCullum is leaving his best WC innings to this. Hasn't scored a ton this WC but has looked like getting one in every innings.

Elliott basically got them into the final. Hardly what I'd call "hardly fired a shot".

i forgot that the very very very successful & aggressive & arrogant australian team was everyone's 2nd/3rd team

It's the two best teams playing off against each other. What's there not to like? If people aren't going for Australia, they'd be rooting for NZ as they are the only side capable off knocking us off throughout the WC.

the masses don't necessarily want the two best teams playing off against each other if one of those teams are disliked by most of the fans of the game.

this isn't the final the tv guys would have wanted
this isn't the fnal the masses wanted
this is the final australian/nz fans wanted and then maybe a few other people too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back