Sport The Hangar Cricket Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm biased (being a leggie), but I think Zampa has more weapons. Holland hardly spins it.
I'm an offie so also a bit biased too (although different hand). Zampa isn't a big turner either and his main weapon is his bounce. Holland has a better record and better dip.

I'm an offie so also a bit biased too (although different hand). Zampa isn't a big turner either and his main weapon is his bounce. Holland has a better record and better dip.
I probably prefer Boyce over Zampa, but I just reckon leggies might have more success on the Kiwi pitches. Holland fires them in a bit too quick for my liking.

I probably prefer Boyce over Zampa, but I just reckon leggies might have more success on the Kiwi pitches. Holland fires them in a bit too quick for my liking.
Boyce has a horrid OD record. Holland doesn't really do that, his main weapon is to flight it up and get the ball to drop at the feet of the batsman.

Give me an attacking spinner over a defensive spinner any day of the week. The best way to slow up runs is taking wickets, which is why Warne, MacGill, Murali, Kumble and Saqlain were so good. They took wickets. Guys like Doherty and Maxwell dry up an end, which is all well and good, but ultimately pointless if wickets aren't falling at the other end.

Give me an attacking spinner over a defensive spinner any day of the week. The best way to slow up runs is taking wickets, which is why Warne, MacGill, Murali, Kumble and Saqlain were so good. They took wickets. Guys like Doherty and Maxwell dry up an end, which is all well and good, but ultimately pointless if wickets aren't falling at the other end.
Nathan Lyon has been brilliant since he started bowling more attacking lines and slowing his deliveries.. The prime example of how an offie should bowl IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holland's average is 43 lol.. (We're talking about Jon right?) and best figures are 4/61.. Boyce has a 7for I think.
In OD cricket Holland has an average of 32 and an econ rate of 4.8.

If you're talking FC cricket Holland has an average of 40, and has best figures of 6/41, and has as many wickets in 9 less games than Boyce.

If Queensland win and the NSW-WA game is a draw, all of Queensland, SA, NSW and WA will be within 3 points of each other. Looks like there'll be a logjam for who Victoria host in the final :D.

Victoria doing a number on a youthful South Australian attack including debutant, Cam Valente.

0/103
T.Dean 58*
Quiney 44*

In Hobart, Tasmania are on the back foot and reeling with 3 (experienced) guys back in the sheds. 3/41 with

Silk 19
Dunk 2
Bailey 0 (14 balls)

Last start centurion Beau Webster and cricket prodigy Jake Doran at the crease.

Victoria doing a number on a youthful South Australian attack including debutant, Cam Valente.

0/103
T.Dean 58*
Quiney 44*

In Hobart, Tasmania are on the back foot and reeling with 3 (experienced) guys back in the sheds. 3/41 with

Silk 19
Dunk 2
Bailey 0 (14 balls)

Last start centurion Beau Webster and cricket prodigy Jake Doran at the crease.
Looking at our bowling attack I reckon we'd almost be happy with 5/250 odd.

Peter Handscomb is developing into a very nice batsman. May well get to a FC batting average of 40 after this season if his form continues (and gets a couple of not outs would help, or a big ton, in the range of 170-180)

Vale Martin Crowe who has lost his battle with cancer. One of NZ's good guys (but let's be honest, most of them tend to be!) and would be considered a word class batsman in any era.
Bloody sad news. He's my father's age.

Until Kane Williamson came along, Crowe was the best NZ bat I'd seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back