The Hangar Meat Head Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: The Hangar Meat Head Thread II

RIG and Clinkers... fellow meatheaders.. you can't be up at 3am if you want to see any progress!

d_f, others might disagree with me on this one.. but the best trainer is yourself. Google anything you need to know, 95% of personal trainers are peanuts.... imo.

I'm from Perth, but noted nonetheless.

I'll keep that in mind. After months of procrastination, I may finally be getting started.

Being from Perth is no excuse for anything. Get out while you can, srsly.

It didn't take me long to workout that most PT's bluff their way through life. All the same, something tells me they know the right types of exercize for me to do. And it's good motivation.
My diet is good...I've cut down on processed foods in a big way and protein is more or less getting forced down my throat. I see a dietician, it helps. I'm going on theory a PT would have the same affect on my discipline.

Will be checking in on more forums I guess

I go monthly now, its been really useful. It's not all that expensive considering the benefits.

I've been given something that very closely resembles a diet. I've got 1 - 3 options per meal and windows where I have to eat. 5 meals a day, 2 can be replaced by a protein shake if I want. Which I don't.

It was made to combat my habits of not eating before 3pm and continuously snacking on lollies, chocolate and other high sugar/high cal foods. It's worked, and I recommend it.

Fine tune, for sure. It'll probably help kick that over eating habit.

Goals are the worst. Aside from being healthy I really can't pin point what I want to achieve by gymming and eating right. Far too whimsical for my own good.

Fine tune, for sure. It'll probably help kick that over eating habit.

Goals are the worst. Aside from being healthy I really can't pin point what I want to achieve by gymming and eating right. Far too whimsical for my own good.

This.

Joining a gym would probably help, though.

Well that's more or less what everyone says. But every time I set a goal I realise I'm doing it for someone else and not for myself and I stop enjoying then stop going I'm wasting money and not being healthy.
Like I said, far too whimsical. I'll work on it :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got myself some shitty d-grade exercise machine. I actually really enjoy it, and I can feel it work, even though the 'technique' or 'form' is probably off (I'm not sure if that applies to machines)

Oh, also, how do I set goals when I don't care at all about how much I can lift etc. I mean, I'm only doing it for aesthetic purposes.

Best way to describe it would be to call it some strange ass modified rowing machine. Basically it just applies resistance.

Hey Whomb, sorry for the late reply!

I have just got back home after spending 2 weeks interstate caring for a terminally ill close relative. It wasnt a planned trip and I spent the whole time at the hospital with a maximum of 3 hours sleep a day, most times less. Combine the stress and hospital food, along with funeral preparations and comfort food (and drink), I am now a disgrace :( 4.5 kilos in the time away!

I got back home 2 hours ago and am set for the gym in the morning. I am a little concerned about doing my normal program considering my current body condition, but I'll see how I go.

My whole body looks and feels like crap, and I know that it's going to take two or three months to restore things to the way they were. I have learnt that you should never, under any circumstances, neglect yourself!

The long road back starts in 6 hours!

Just an update:

Still hovering around the 100kg mark but have started swimming laps 3 times a week and while maintaining my upper body and legs have decided to try to increase my core strength.

Found a free tidal 25m pool near my house which has a kiddy section so that helps a lot as far as time goes, especially since school holidays are coming up. Its funny after going to the gym for a while I still feel a bit sore after a week of swimming. Alternating between freestyle and breaststroke I feel my chest is still getting a solid pounding. Trying to work on my lower back muscles as much as possible because all of the core exercises that I am doing are limited by a bit of pain I feel in the lower back. Have bought a set of free weights for home so I can slip in a workout just before I go to bed.

Have a solid physical for work at the end of the year which involves sit ups, push ups, cardio and chin ups. With the extra weight I have gained its good that I have started early.

You want me to post pics? I'll take some and show my TRUE location, and my size. In all seriousness, your effort is commendable, for the most part.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back