The Hangar Meat Head Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So combined with some whey protein powder (or whatever is recommended on BB to promote burning calories) and 20xcrunches, 20xcross-crunches and 20xreverse crunches 5 mornings a week I'd be much the same?

What whomb said ^

Also, I think just cutting out any unnecessary alcohol/sweets/soft drinks/juices etc would be enough to get you under bmr.

Protip: eliminate temptation, don't buy the stuff in the first place. Also go shopping on a full stomach after a meal. :)

Don't worry about protein (whey, that is) unless you are actually doing proper weights, it just introduces more calories.

Train your abs like any other muscle, this meas for max size you want high weight and low reps (5-8 ish) and rest!

Running more will make you hungrier, resist the temptation to increase meal sizes etc.

Good luck brah, with determination you can lose a serious amount of weight in a few months.

Hunger attacks are a massive issue for me. Yesterday, on a break during work, I saw Maccas and went for it lol. I've probably eaten Maccas only 3 times this year but it was just the impulse that was bad. It's the same with KFC, Subway and pizza. I'm actually surprised I'm not fat but I guess that's because I choose to walk from Melb Uni to work on Flinders St (fair walk if you view it on google maps). And I power walk too lol.

Last night walked past the fridge and sure enough I did a double take and went for some cheese and biscuits. :(

I'd also advise instead of having 3 meals (breakky, lunch, dinner) and binge eating in between, break it up so that you have 4-7 proper meals a day, and nothing else.

It's easier just to make your regular meals smaller and apportion them over the day.

It speeds up the metabolism, by forcing it to always be processing food, and also helps fight off the hunger attacks that so often lead to eating crap.

That's interesting whomb, I reckon if I had 4-7 meals I would easily go over my bmr, when I was cutting I would only have 2 meals, big bowl of oats in the morning and whatever for dinner. Apples, almonds etc if I got hungry or maybe some toast.

It's actually a more pertinent point because i work 5pm-9pm on tues-fridays. So I'm missing a regular meal in the middle (although we have a break at 7pm, we're rushed to eat anything). Eating a main meal at 10pm is obviously bad and eating too early means I'm starving before I go to bed.

So yeah, I'll need to spread meals over the day.

Yeah I've done plenty of cuts.

Oops didn't mean to imply you hadn't.

How do you mean "over your BMR"?

I was under the impression BMR was just your metabolic rate while "stationary", so basically the speed of your metabolism in its resting state.

Or are you referring to your maintenance calorie level (can't remember the term) needed to stay under in order to lose weight?

Yea correct, but when I was cutting my bmr essentially was my maintenance as I was doing nothing much... Sorry about the confusion there.

If so, that's why I suggested to Godzke to break up his meals in to smaller ones; so that you're not taking in more calories, just spreading them out over the day in order to:
- speed up the metabolism
- prevent the need to pick at things, like you did with almonds, apples etc.

I see what you mean, but if I had that many 'meals' I would go over my calory maintenance for sure.. Mine is like 1400ish calories I think, tis a bit different for you cause of all the extra muscle haha.

Out of interest what do you define as a meal?

I work with a woman who's entering an amaetur comp, and both of her dieticians and trainers have her on a similar diet to what I was suggesting to Godzke. It benefits her (and would him) because it helps her lose as much weight (fat) as possible whilst maintaining muscle.

Your way for Godzke would definitely be better, was just sharing my experience.

The downside to what you were doing (2 meals, and the types of foods) is your body wouldn't have been getting fed enough protein, or nearly often enough, to maintain the body's muscle while your body broke down its energy storages. It probably was fine for a while, but long term you'd find you would've just been losing weight altogether, rather than just fat.

I would probably get about 20g of protein for breakfast and then for dinner would usually have something like a steak so thats another 50ish there. So for somebody who isn't lifting that's not catastrophic I don't think. IIRC its about my RDI.

I do agree it's probably not the healthiest way to go about it but it was effective. Lost around 10% of my bodyweight in 1-2 months... Wouldn't want to be doing it for any longer than that though as it's quite difficult and as you said not very healthy.

1284115183546.jpg

No homo... but wow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back