Movies & TV The Hangar TV Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Um yeah.. anyway, anybody watching Fear the Walking Dead that would care to share an opinion? Not sure whether to bother or not. All I know is it has Joanie Stubbs from Deadwood in it..
I like it. Still has a lot of the same problems as TWD in the way of stupid characters etc, but since it's through the lens of the initial outbreak and confusion, that's more understandable/dliuted. And it's tense in a way that TWD isn't, or at least a different sort of tension. Worth checking out.

I like it. Still has a lot of the same problems as TWD in the way of stupid characters etc, but since it's through the lens of the initial outbreak and confusion, that's more understandable/dliuted. And it's tense in a way that TWD isn't, or at least a different sort of tension. Worth checking out.
Sounds interesting. I will then. Cheers.

Incidentally, are there any stupid kid characters?

Not sure if you watch The Strain but there's a little s**t in that that makes Carl look like one of the best characters ever.
Lol, no, I haven't seen it as yet. I don't remember having a huge problem with Carl actually, apart from the zombie-in-the-mud incident. And possibly the monologue to passed-out Rick. I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting...

Lol, no, I haven't seen it as yet. I don't remember having a huge problem with Carl actually, apart from the zombie-in-the-mud incident. And possibly the monologue to passed-out Rick. I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting...
He's actually improved as a character as he's aged. Go back and have a look at the first couple of seasons if you need a reminder.

Check out this angst ridden little turd.

tve91410-3449-20150712-0.jpg

If he was part of my group I'd be using him as bait.

Anyone seen black mirror?

Razor sharp take on modern culture, 24/7 media, poll driven politics, social media....public sheep mentality.. It's part disturbing,part repulsive, part genius..

Here's ep one, pretty topical right now if you have Been reading the news... Haha the news, the cycle of art imitating life imitating art

Anyone seen black mirror?

Razor sharp take on modern culture, 24/7 media, poll driven politics, social media....public sheep mentality.. It's part disturbing,part repulsive, part genius..

Here's ep one, pretty topical right now if you have Been reading the news... Haha the news, the cycle of art imitating life imitating art

Absolute ripper of a show. I've only seen S1E1, S1E2 and S2E2 but they were all fantastic, will have to track down the rest. :thumbsu:

I'm an idiot Beerfish, quoted your spoilery post that I didn't want to look at. Luckily one of the few comic spoilers I already knew. Haven't watched this week's ep yet, I'm sure I'll have something to say about it tonight.

Who watches Doctor Who? I thought this week's ep was fantastic, really looking forward to seeing the ramifications next week too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I might wait til the end of the season to marathon new Walking Dead season or not watch it at all, I've been hate watching since halfway thru S2 and havn't had much motivation to pick it up this season. Will see how it pans out I guess.
I thought it picked up quite a lot after they left that ******* farm they were restricted to due to budget cuts. Quite enjoying it atm.

Correct. Last ep was another good but frustrating one. MERCY KILLS DON'T COST A THING HAVE SOME COMPASSION YOU SAVAGES
Yeah what was up with that? Also, what's the point of emptying your weapon into a never ending sea of walkers that will inevitably engulf you. Put one in your temple you stupid campaigner!

Guess that answers my question about Lucille too. Too brutal obviously.

Yeah what was up with that? Also, what's the point of emptying your weapon into a never ending sea of walkers that will inevitably engulf you. Put one in your temple you stupid campaigner!

Guess that answers my question about Lucille too. Too brutal obviously.
Too brutal if the person being eaten was the person we thought was being eaten. ;)

I don't understand why he's a horse..
Being a horse in that universe is fine and makes sense, a lot of clever comedy of the show comes from little mannerisms that different animals within the show have irl.

Anyone watching The Leftovers? Season 1 was a bit rocky but still enjoyable, season 2 though has been really really good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back