Movie The Interview - Sony scrap release

Remove this Banner Ad

"How about the USA torture reports by the CIA? What about Guantanamo? Should people make a comedy out of that too?"

Yes?

The difference is there is something inherently absurd about the ruling class of North Korea, it's perfect material for comedy. That being said, we shouldn't ignore the grim reality of that country, and that is that it's essentially a giant concentration camp.

You can joke about anything, there is comedy to be found in any situation or issue. Finding the comedy and expressing it doesn't change or trivialise that issue, you just need to remember the distinction.

The Interview now rated 9.9 on imdb & 96% user on rt - yeah someone will need to try very hard to convince me this wasn't just all some giant stunt to up the exposure & turn a dollar on what probably is a crap movie.

some quotes off imdb that I suspect are closer to the truth than those from the 'Funniest Movie Ever Made!!' brigade...

readily available this xmas morning not that I will bother wasting my bandwidth
Parts I've seen it's pretty funny, can't be a stunt because I'd say this would've done well at the cinemas and now they won't get most of that.

After seeing the movie I'd almost say the Americans hacked Sony in order to give the movie promotion in North Korea. The movie is about Rogan and Franco trying to expose Kim Jong Un as not a God to his people which would then cause a revolution. Not a bad movie, Sony would've done well out of it, I think it's better than "this is the end".

I've always enjoyed silly Seth Rogan movies. Pineapple Express, This is the End, Knocked up, is all quality. As far as I'm concerned this movie was no exception. Very entertaining movie, definitely recommend if you've enjoyed his previous work. If you're expecting some kind of profound, politically savy and emotionally charged movie then go elsewhere. The movie isn't pretending to be anything it's not. It's a fun, silly comedy movie, and much of the satire and commentary on North Korea is well written and executed.

I just have one thing to say, if drinking margaritas and liking Katy Perry is gay, who want to be straight anyways?

Been hearing that song for in shops for years. Didn't know it was her's. She is s**t. /obvious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well this movie became an experiment for if a big studio movie should be released online instead of the cinema, it only made $9 million as opposed to Franco and Rogan's last movie "this is the end" made 126 million and I felt that wasn't as good a movie so I guess the cinema is still relevant.

Hmmm, I wonder why that wasn't reported on wikipedia. They're normally very accurate.
Wiki just has box office takings I think. Not home video etc etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back