Leicester City - 1 Time Champion of England

Remove this Banner Ad

The third was a bit scrappy but really turned the tie in our favour. Came right at the end too, don't think you even had time to kick off after.

Sorry, didnt take any photos at the game. Just one of the main stadium (it's next door to the academy stadium) after the game.

Wasnt a great crowd, maybe 3-4k. I remember going to a SF against Sunderland a few years back and their must have been at least 10k. So a bit disappointing.

Atmosphere was pretty good though.

I've just looked at the 'highlights,' gee whiz, that's some poor defending that. Those goals are a little too close to the senior team for my tastes. (Gee whiz, Adarabioyo is one tall bugger. Bet you he's a beast in the air.)

That's alright. I saw your post in the Man City and was a little hopeful. My apologies.

Yeah, that is disappointing. I would've thought more would've come to see the game, but alas, not to be. I don't think we'll be much better, we had the lowest crowds last round. Glad to hear the atmosphere was good though!

Here are the 'highlights' (AKA, all the City goals) for viewing:

I just found something rather interesting:
@mikemccarthy: Leicester City have won more PL games since Christmas (2) than West Ham, Sunderland, Burnley, Everton, QPR & Villa (1). #clutchingatstraws

No matter which way you stretch it, that just goes to show how poor the league can be at times. Hoping for more of the same as we fight for survival.

I also take some encouragement from this:
B__IJlMWMAAi6i8.jpg

and this:
B_-uu1ZWYAAw1Hz.jpg

And the match lineup has been released:

CAECSXzXIAAskqn.png

Oh my god, no Simpson and Konch? Two sets of wingers to make for some aggressive wide play (It's still 5-4-1, but it's more 3-6-1)? We're actually going to attack? Vardy's pace?Well that's a start!

The negatives? Morgan's still there... sigh. Wait, Lawrence is in (Knocky is on compassionate leave due to his father being seriously ill)? Oh dear...

Schmeichel on the bench, guess that confirms Hamer's place then. I expect to see Schmeichel starting next game because Pearson.

Last edited:
Good news! There is one good Pearson at the club! His name is James! He captained the U21 team to victory over Sunderland!

(That Barmby goal, that just ticks me off a little, considering how often we've been in that situation, and we fail to score.) Also, Harry scores for fun, even when he's not trying to.

Also, love this:

Leicester City @OfficialFOXES · 4m4 minutes ago
74 - Sunderland awarded a penalty after Hamza Choudhury brings down Andrew Nelson in the box. #lcfcu21s

0 retweets0 favorites
Retweet
Favorite
More
Leicester City @OfficialFOXES · 5m5 minutes ago
73 - City make their first change of the night as Hamza Choudhury comes on for Kris Scott. #lcfcu21s

At least our youth teams are getting wins and doing things our senior team can't.

I'm sorry this is a bit late, but I've been way too busy.

The all-time topic got me thinking. Which team do you think would win?

Schmeichel

De Laet - Was - Wes - Schlupp

Mahrez - Drinkwater - James - Dyer

Vardy - Nugent

VS

Schwarzer

Wes - Huth - Upson

De Laet -James - Cambiasso - Schlupp

Mahrez - Kramaric - Vardy

As much as the team has improved quality wise, I can see our Championship winning team doing a number on our Premier League side.

The wind has well and truly left our sails, sigh. Maybe an unlikely win against the Spurs (and results to go our way) will make me a bit happier.

Jatz

Of course we would push Tottenham and have a bit of bad luck to not get a draw. Now I wonder what are the chances that we'll do jack against West Ham?

Just seeing that Spurs match, say what you like about Nugent and Vardy's flaws, but as a partnership, they are awesome. A goal and assist each. As good as Ulloa has been in getting goals, do you get the suss feeling that we have perhaps spent 20 mil in the wrong area? Ulloa has rarely connected with either Vardy or Nugent, and Kramaric, to be fair to the lad, I think he would get many more opportunities if he was paired with Nugent.

I always did say Nugent was the number 10 we needed, as unlikely as he is. We just play better with him. Combined with Vardy, and they do things.

I just hope we see them leading the lines again for West Ham, with added Kramaric instead of Ulloa.

Jatz

Of course we would push Tottenham and have a bit of bad luck to not get a draw. Now I wonder what are the chances that we'll do jack against West Ham?

Just seeing that Spurs match, say what you like about Nugent and Vardy's flaws, but as a partnership, they are awesome. A goal and assist each. As good as Ulloa has been in getting goals, do you get the suss feeling that we have perhaps spent 20 mil in the wrong area? Ulloa has rarely connected with either Vardy or Nugent, and Kramaric, to be fair to the lad, I think he would get many more opportunities if he was paired with Nugent.

I always did say Nugent was the number 10 we needed, as unlikely as he is. We just play better with him. Combined with Vardy, and they do things.

I just hope we see them leading the lines again for West Ham, with added Kramaric instead of Ulloa.
Yep, did not deserve to lose that at all.

Most pleasing thing that came out of it was a more fluid formation. He must keep that for the rest of the season now.

Agree on Vardy and Nugent. I don't think you can play one without the other. When they both play, for some reason they look 10 times better.

Ripping time to get West Ham, it goes without saying but we need 3 points!

Yep, did not deserve to lose that at all.

Most pleasing thing that came out of it was a more fluid formation. He must keep that for the rest of the season now.

Agree on Vardy and Nugent. I don't think you can play one without the other. When they both play, for some reason they look 10 times better.

Ripping time to get West Ham, it goes without saying but we need 3 points!

Indeed, let us hope that this is the last we see of Upson as big Was finally comes back. Attacking is what we need to do. It still annoys me that we would try to scarper a draw against Yeovil by throwing Kasper up, yet we're not trying anything of the sort here to get a draw at the very least. Yes, I know our GD is actually somewhat decent compared to those around us, but it's no good if you're not getting any points.

I think the fact is simple: They know each other's games inside and out. They know how to work off each other to get the job done. A partnership with great chemistry can be better than just two star players with none of that.

Indeed, thank goodness for our run home. Need to get the three now and push for Sunderland. QPR, Burnley and Sunderland have to be wins. Which means all we need to do is get at least 3 more points than Burnley, and 4 more than Sunderland over 6 games (As long as we get the wins over those three). I honestly think just tieing them on points will be enough to get us through provided we don't get thrashed.

Oh, in youth news, we've had three youth games, Our U18s lost to Liverpool 3-2, but out U16s won 3-1. However, the most important match was the U21 game against Tottenham... if you could call them that.

Basically; Hamer, Drinkwater, Albrighton, and Knockhaet all played. Tottenham on the other hand, had 7 players from their U18 squad.

Thankfully, they won 3-1, (Stankevicis scored with an assist from Knocky, Drinkwater got a goal from an Albrighton assist, and the useful Pearson won a penalty to seal the deal.

No highlights yet, but at least we've learnt one thing: Our senior players are better than Tottenham's U18 players!

Last edited:
Highlights of the 2-1 win, complete with Pearson kick:

I will have to admit that penalty save did look a little bit dodgy, but that was frustrating. Had a golden chance to take things 2-0 up.

Kramaric looks so much better with Nugent and Vardy for support. Here's hoping this continues for the games to come.

Burney are still to play Tottenham, let's just hope they don't steal a point or three like they somehow manage. Hope Kane destroys them.

Really? Well, guess now's a better time than any to get that PL shirt. I was only able to get the one scarf they had at that Dandenong soccer shop, no shirts. I'm sure I saw a QPR and perhaps a Burnley shirt there, though I think they were from previous seasons. I'm still amazed they had a Leicester scarf, all things considered...

I definitely want King on the back, been there for all the highs and lows. I'm pretty confident that he will be a one club player. Definitely my top pick. Though I wouldn't mind a Cambiasso, Mahrez (Though I have to admit he's been a bit poor lately), or even a Nugent shirt either.

Still... Kingy!:

NmnFkT.gif

(Couldn't find any photos of it, so decided to make my own .gif, too bad it cuts away from the fist pump).

Really? Well, guess now's a better time than any to get that PL shirt. I was only able to get the one scarf they had at that Dandenong soccer shop, no shirts. I'm sure I saw a QPR and perhaps a Burnley shirt there, though I think they were from previous seasons. I'm still amazed they had a Leicester scarf, all things considered...

I definitely want King on the back, been there for all the highs and lows. I'm pretty confident that he will be a one club player. Definitely my top pick. Though I wouldn't mind a Cambiasso, Mahrez (Though I have to admit he's been a bit poor lately), or even a Nugent shirt either.

Still... Kingy!:

NmnFkT.gif

(Couldn't find any photos of it, so decided to make my own .gif, too bad it cuts away from the fist pump).
I got the red kit from this season with Cambiasso on it. Wouldn't mind getting him again but wanted someone different. Was thinking Ulloa but you've sold me on King!

Always wanted Knockaert but he doesn't play anymore :(

I got the red kit from this season with Cambiasso on it. Wouldn't mind getting him again but wanted someone different. Was thinking Ulloa but you've sold me on King!

Always wanted Knockaert but he doesn't play anymore :(

No fair, I wanted King, lol. Ah well, no rule saying we can't get both. Then again, there's a few names that I would like on my back.

You actually got the red kit? I'm surprised by that. It feels a bit weird that red kit, but then again, that's only the 3rd kit.

Unfortunately, Tony is likely on the way to Belgium, Liege his target, if Pearson is unable to keep him for one more season. (Let's face it, the writing is on the wall when Lawrence is getting game time over you.) No reason why he can't get any time back in the Championship should we go this way, but he never looked like stepping up when others are starting in that wing position over him. The worst part is, he's leaving for free due to him being out of contract.

Don't sell Knockart, he's leaving us for free... such a shame.

Jatz

Well, it looks like it's a good thing you want to get King:

10984247_10155379324695494_2161843188829878024_n.jpg

I kid you not, we are out of As.

So... I guess that's Nugent or King for me then for the big sale.
Hahaha only at Leicester would something like that happen! How bizarre! Were you looking at Cambiasso?

Almost every other name has an 'A' in it haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha only at Leicester would something like that happen! How bizarre! Were you looking at Cambiasso?

Almost every other name has an 'A' in it haha.

I was, because I figured 'Why not?' He was one of the best players in the world, and he still has that extra bit of class.

Guess it's a coin flip between King and Nugent. Then again, why not get both? If you're going to get something all the way from England, you might as well make it worthwhile. Hard to believe the last time I ordered something from England was to get me a retro 99/00 Walkers/Fox Leisure kit and a match worn San Marino shirt and keeper kit during their 2010 World Cup Qualifying campaign.

That retro shirt... (Which I have unfortunately have to admit is my only Leicester shirt at the moment) I just love the material from those classic 90s shirts. Too bad I grew out of my old one.

I was, because I figured 'Why not?' He was one of the best players in the world, and he still has that extra bit of class.

Guess it's a coin flip between King and Nugent. Then again, why not get both? If you're going to get something all the way from England, you might as well make it worthwhile. Hard to believe the last time I ordered something from England was to get me a retro 99/00 Walkers/Fox Leisure kit and a match worn San Marino shirt and keeper kit during their 2010 World Cup Qualifying campaign.

That retro shirt... (Which I have unfortunately have to admit is my only Leicester shirt at the moment) I just love the material from those classic 90s shirts. Too bad I grew out of my old one.
Oh that retro shirt sounds awesome! Do you have a picture of it?

You can see that giant ball of hair of yours on the tellie tonight lads.

Second leg of the youth cup semi on tonight, should be streams about. 3-0 up on the first leg. Well worth a look to see some of the promising kids we have coming through.

Oh that retro shirt sounds awesome! Do you have a picture of it?

Sure, here you are:
http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah231/footyfan13/P1010177_zpswthsarjf.jpg
http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah231/footyfan13/P1010178_zps56vqcvit.jpg
http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah231/footyfan13/P1010179_zpsmad0rs2x.jpg
http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah231/footyfan13/P1010181_zpsfzhd2nyk.jpg

The real 99-00 season shirt, the season that we finished 8th and of course won the League Cup. The last year we had Fox Leisure as our kit maker (We had Le Coq in 2001). It also has the 'crisp' logo that separates it from the 97-98 shirt.

This one's the real deal. I just love the material of this shirt. It even has our logo printed into the pattern. Now this is what I call specifically crafted kit! It's not like the templates that we're using these days. A shirt with a proper identity!

Now this one I had to order from England as a replacement, so unfortunately there's no number on the back of this shirt, (If you're going to do it, you need the real decals from that year), though my original shirt had our ever famous number 9, before we sold him to Liverpool.

Well... 2-1, despite playing well enough to get at least a draw.... alright, to be honest, there were parts of the game where it made me think I was watching the senior team. Same old, same old. Lack of spark in the final third indeed..

Well, here's the full match if you're interested:

Chiwell's my pick. As much good as Choudhary did, I think he's at fault for not tracking back for the goals. That defensive awareness needs more work, I always did say. Then again, he was all over the placed, and it's clear that he didn't have much left by the end of the game.

Those two look almost certain to be graduates for the senior team, but development is the most important thing of course.

Congrats moomba, your boys did the job. Oh look at that, Man City vs Chelsea, typical!

Oh, and Harry's the U21 Player of March, well done! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...remier-League-Player-Month.html#ixzz3WtVxQTwN

http://streamable.com/vmyw

It seems Vardy has really found some form. Nugent + Vardy = Magic.

Now if only we had some Kramaric instead of Ulloa...

3 points away from 17th, and with a game in hand against a Chelsea that's just looking to see out the season as Champions. Swansea also look a little flat, so now it's time to finally move up the table!

Good to see our young blokes win against Liverpool this morning!

Indeed! Highlights:

Good 3-1 win, although that penalty's a bit dodgy, but nevermind, we got the win!

The interesting thing is that the U21 team is actually 2nd in the league, all thanks to our excellent form since February, where we only lost to Man City last week. Also, forgot to mention that Harry won the Player of the Month Award for March, he's just been banging them in!

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/...r-league-tables.html?paramYouthStage=NATIONAL

Looking at that league, you have to admit that it is a very tight and even league all things considered. The only one with no chance is West Ham. Hopefully the U21s will keep up their form, and perhaps we can claim that Leicester won the Premier League? Lol.

On another note, I saw that you bought up the odds for relegation. From what I can see, we're actually 4th behind Sunderland for now, though Hull offers better odds.

But more significantly, the match odds for Swansea caught my eye. Apparently we're 2.25 favourites to win over Swansea (3.6. The draw is at 3.4) I think this is the first time in our run where we are favourites, so now we're playing with some expectation to get something out of this. Then again, Swansea's outs are quite significant. Combined with our motivation, and the fact that historically, they never play well in Leicester, I guess I can see why we may be touted as such, but it still feels very weird to be actual favourites according to the bookmakers.

As further reference, Burnley are considered comfortable favourites against us (1.8 v 4) next week. Do you think we're favourites this week, and does the current situation (Now that we've caught up to the others) change the view of this game for you? (As in, would a draw do for now (it's not as important.)

I think we need to get the win to put our boys in a better frame of mind. Finally we have a golden opportunity to get off the bottom. I'm sure the very idea of that will provide a huge boost around the club.

Indeed! Highlights:

Good 3-1 win, although that penalty's a bit dodgy, but nevermind, we got the win!

The interesting thing is that the U21 team is actually 2nd in the league, all thanks to our excellent form since February, where we only lost to Man City last week. Also, forgot to mention that Harry won the Player of the Month Award for March, he's just been banging them in!

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/...r-league-tables.html?paramYouthStage=NATIONAL

Looking at that league, you have to admit that it is a very tight and even league all things considered. The only one with no chance is West Ham. Hopefully the U21s will keep up their form, and perhaps we can claim that Leicester won the Premier League? Lol.

On another note, I saw that you bought up the odds for relegation. From what I can see, we're actually 4th behind Sunderland for now, though Hull offers better odds.

But more significantly, the match odds for Swansea caught my eye. Apparently we're 2.25 favourites to win over Swansea (3.6. The draw is at 3.4) I think this is the first time in our run where we are favourites, so now we're playing with some expectation to get something out of this. Then again, Swansea's outs are quite significant. Combined with our motivation, and the fact that historically, they never play well in Leicester, I guess I can see why we may be touted as such, but it still feels very weird to be actual favourites according to the bookmakers.

As further reference, Burnley are considered comfortable favourites against us (1.8 v 4) next week. Do you think we're favourites this week, and does the current situation (Now that we've caught up to the others) change the view of this game for you? (As in, would a draw do for now (it's not as important.)

I think we need to get the win to put our boys in a better frame of mind. Finally we have a golden opportunity to get off the bottom. I'm sure the very idea of that will provide a huge boost around the club.

Wouldn't look too deeply into the match odds. We were favs against West Ham a fortnight ago. I think we have a better chance of beating Burnley at Turf Moor rather than Swansea at the King Power. Although I hadn't heard of them having any outs?

I'd be happy with a draw out of this one. We play Burnley, QPR and Sunderland in our run home. Our focus should be to pick up 9 points from those games. Any extra points are a complete bonus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back