The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Fornaroli is the best forward in the league by a fair margin.
After Berisha- does it when it really counts, but happy to let Bruno catch up to him.
AND PASS HIM BY.
Now for next Saturday.

Last edited:

Played relatively poorly yet still won 5-1. Either CCM are absolutely terrible, or we're finally starting to put it together or, more likely, a bit of both. It's amazing that Mooy can have a quiet or mediocre game yet still rack up a goal and an assist. What a footballer.

Not bad for a side that doesn't "play in the right spirit" @jeanaloisi
A League record-- 5 goals in consec weeks
Pity about the clean sheet, but we should not be greedy.
Now where are those trying to get rid of JVS?

A League record-- 5 goals in consec weeks
Pity about the clean sheet, but we should not be greedy.
Now where are those trying to get rid of JVS?

It's been two very good results, and hopefully it will continue. If it does then I'm sure JVS will stay. But the two good results does come after two pretty poor performances, and 8 points from 7 matches. To me, even after the two wins, that's still below what I would expect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's fine to say that now, but the results need to continue. He shouldn't be out of the woods for a couple of good performances against crap teams.
I've been saying it for his whole tenure. People are too reactive. There are always circumstances for wins and losses- right now we are on the good side of the equation. Point is, he can coach, and is a very good coach.

So is there any chance of Mooy staying?
Heard he was offered an deal in Saudi Arabia.
Surely he could do better than that?
I could even see him playing in one of the lower EPL sides.

So is there any chance of Mooy staying?
Heard he was offered an deal in Saudi Arabia.
Surely he could do better than that?
I could even see him playing in one of the lower EPL sides.
If

I hope we win the Championship this year. Mooy will have a big say in that.
He will likely go and we get compo as if he is our OS marquis player from what we read.
Why not Man City? Srsly, he is of that standard.

If

He will likely go and we get compo as if he is our OS marquis player from what we read.

Ground out a result next week and beat Victory would really set up the rest of the season.
Yeah i suppose, hell i'd love to see him at Arsenal.

If

Get your hand off it mate. I have a massive appreciation for Aaron Mooy - he's the sole reason I go to City games and I watch this thread despite being a Victory fan.

But he's nowhere near Man City standard. In fact I'd argue that given the speed and physicality of the EPL, stylistically he's not EPL standard. He could play for a good ordinary top flight team in Italy, Germany or Holland, but I don't see him making it in England. He needs a slightly slower, more technical league.

Hopefully his newborn kid stops him going to Saudi Arabia. It'd be a good money move - but it'd be a terrible career move. He's more chance of getting to a good club in Europe from the A-League than he is from the Middle-East. Which is why I don't see it happening. He came back from Scotland to reboot his career, I don't see him chasing the cash at the time he's become Australia's best player.

I see Man City buying him then loaning him out to a Championship side, maybe Middlesborough or QPR.
How would that work given CFG already own him?

Mooy is a gun but he is not Man City material wouldn't even get on the pine in that team would be a disaster for his career like Bratten he'll be loaned out to lower leagues.

I think a more technical leagues like Germany or Holland will suite him. Don't like him going to EPL or lower leagues of England Where the pace and skills won't suite him.

Mooy is a gun but he is not Man City material wouldn't even get on the pine in that team would be a disaster for his career like Bratten he'll be loaned out to lower leagues.

I think a more technical leagues like Germany or Holland will suite him. Don't like him going to EPL or lower leagues of England Where the pace and skills won't suite him.
The way it would work for City is that they give a bit more money to this franchise and then loan him out for a stint, then sell him for a profit.

Mooy stood out when MC played Man City in GC, early this season. THEY noticed him, and comments were made back then, in media etc.
So unless you know every Man City player, I would not scoff at the possibility of Mooy getting onto their list one day.
He is improving each year too.

What sort of team do we want to see this afternoon? I'm hoping for something like:

Sorenson
Franjic - Kisnorbo - Chapman - Clisby
Paartalu
Mooy - Melling
Koren - Fornaroli - Novillo​

Remove this Banner Ad

Back