The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

There's no way Koren will start. I would anticipate a 20-30 minute cameo after two months on the sideline.

Mauk will start on the wing and it will be 50/50 between Retre/Melling I suspect.
Very good.
But Melling looked injured too
Hope Chapman not too bad

Let's really hope Chapman and Melling are fit for next game. Probably split 45 minutes between Koren and Mauk in the Derby IMO.
Looking at the vision, CC ??- I'll think the worst and hope for the best.

Looking at the vision, CC ??- I'll think the worst and hope for the best.
It seemed pretty incidental contact IMO, let's get him right, he's so vital at the heart of defence for however long he stays with us until he goes to Europe.

It seemed pretty incidental contact IMO, let's get him right, he's so vital at the heart of defence for however long he stays with us until he goes to Europe.
Love his energy and rebound and in your face defence--and will be needed for BB Saturday night.

The last 3 games have probably been the best football the club has ever played. It has to be recognised that it was against the three bottom sides and that the big test will come in the derby next week, hopefully we can maintain our form and come away with a win.

The last 3 games have probably been the best football the club has ever played. It has to be recognised that it was against the three bottom sides and that the big test will come in the derby next week, hopefully we can maintain our form and come away with a win.
As always there are circumstances. When Newcastle beat us 3-2, JVS was on the nose, and now we get them 4-0. Goes to show that canning the coach is fickle in most cases with A-League.
But surely our best ever win was that final v Wellington in NZ. Not our greatest score, although good, but some pressure against quality. Again, they were on the down. Again, there are always circumstances.
Another but, if ever we are to beat MV this is it- they have to return from Perth mid-week to get us on Sat pm. Hope we have not lost too many tonight.

As always there are circumstances. When Newcastle beat us 3-2, JVS was on the nose, and now we get them 4-0. Goes to show that canning the coach is fickle in most cases with A-League.
But surely our best ever win was that final v Wellington in NZ. Not our greatest score, although good, but some pressure against quality. Again, they were on the down. Again, there are always circumstances.
Another but, if ever we are to beat MV this is it- they have to return from Perth mid-week to get us on Sat pm. Hope we have not lost too many tonight.
I tend to agree, it's a largely thankless task (that the massive remuneration more than makes up for); it's always the coaches that are first to get the criticism when things aren't going well. I actually like JvS but still, I don't know if he's the right man to take this club to the next level and where I'm sure CFG wants the club to be.

Yeah I agree that was probably the best result, but I don't think the club has ever played better football than they are at the minute. It helps that we've now got the best striker the clubs ever had in it's short history and possibly the best performing player in the history of the A-League.

Hopefully we can beat Victory to show we're the real deal and hopefully that leads to some more fans jumping on board: we currently have the lowest average attendance record in the league, which is disappointing.

These guys have torn my hair out for 5 years

Everytime I watch them at AAMI Park they lose/draw

Everytime I've watched them on TV/streamed a game this season they've lost/drawn

Haven't bothered watching/tuning in the last couple of weeks (for etc I had a nap this afternoon) and they've smashed teams in the process

So depressing.......

The article in yesterday Age by Michael Cockerill
"Why competition's richest club Melbourne City are failing to succeed in A-League"
states "crowds have dropped around 20 per cent since the rebranding."

In your guys opinion Is that because of the change of colours ? or the association with Manchester City ? (Where some other EPL fans have decided not to continue to support the team) , As results on the park have been good. It sad to see it the the worst supported club in the League as the article states the League needs two successful supported team's in Melbourne and to loose 20% support is worrying for the league.

How can the club grow its supporter base ? See Melbourne team do not not have the geographical divide that West Sydney have against Sydney FC when trying to get new supporters who identify with an area.

Last edited:
The article in yesterday Age by Michael Cockerill
"Why competition's richest club Melbourne City are failing to succeed in A-League"
states "crowds have dropped around 20 per cent since the rebranding."

In your guys opinion Is that because of the change of colours the association with Manchester City (Where some other EPL fans have decided not to continue to support the team) , As results on the park have been good. It sad to see it the the worst supported club in the League as the article states the League needs a two successful supported team in Melbourne and to loose 20% is worrying for the league.

How can the club grow its supporter base ? See Melbourne team do not not have the geographical divide that West Sydney have against Sydney FC when trying to get new supporters who identify with an area.

Fickle fans, the City association certainly hurts in that regards, I however choose to not allow it to bother me, I'm a Manchester United supporter but take no issue with it. I love Heart.

It's also a period where Victory are successful, we need a trophy or at least a solid run towards our first to get fans on board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Valeri again on Saturday, out indefinitely. Perth trip for MV tomorrow, unfortunately only 27 instead of 32+ but this is a very big chance to break the derby streak they have going. I can't find anything on Melling or Chapman's injuries however.

No Valeri again on Saturday, out indefinitely. Perth trip for MV tomorrow, unfortunately only 27 instead of 32+ but this is a very big chance to break the derby streak they have going. I can't find anything on Melling or Chapman's injuries however.
Chapman out with an MCL tear. 3 Months

Melling is an all clear. Will be fine for the Derby apparently.

Chapman out with an MCL tear. 3 Months

Melling is an all clear. Will be fine for the Derby apparently.
heck heck heck heck heck heck heck heck heck heck heck heck heck heck heck heck heck heck heck heck heck

Victory are in bad form and we are coming off three wins and have scored 14 goals in the last 3 matches.
Hope it's a big crowd despite the hot weather.

Victory are in bad form and we are coming off three wins and have scored 14 goals in the last 3 matches.
Hope it's a big crowd despite the hot weather.
I have very little confidence v MV. They have enough in reserve to get up on the night, and the know-how, and will not lose 4 in a row.
Or can they?

I reckon we'll win. We make 2 changes to the starting XI IMO:

Sorenson
Franjic - Kisnorbo - Hughes - Clisby
Paartalu
Mooy - Melling
Koren - Fornaroli - Novillo
Use the pace of Williams, Garuccio, Mauk off the bench. Tell Paartalu to just sit on Finkler and not let him play that creative role. Melling to continually harass Berisha. Mooy to go head-to-head with Bozanic and win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back