The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How's that import striker going? I think he was French?
Novillo is currently injured, could be back in the next few weeks I think.

I think next match we'll go with something like:

Sorenson
Retre - Chapman - Kisnorbo - Clisby
Mooy - Paartalu - Koren
Espindola - Fornaroli - Dekker
Is Zullo back soon? I see he's not listed in the A-League injury list. Could he come back this game?
Zullo was on the bench on Saturday night. I have absolutely no idea why he didn't start ahead of Clisby who, in my opinion, is very average. I think your side will be pretty close. Apparently Franjic and Gameiro were close to being right for the Sydney game but even if they are deemed fit for this weekend I highly doubt they'll be thrown into the derby with little match fitness. Hughes should be available for selection this weekend as well after returning from international duty so I think he'll be on the bench at the very least as well. The only change I could see from your side would be Kuzmanovski replacing Espindola and hopefully Zullo replacing Clisby.

Zullo was on the bench on Saturday night. I have absolutely no idea why he didn't start ahead of Clisby who, in my opinion, is very average. I think your side will be pretty close. Apparently Franjic and Gameiro were close to being right for the Sydney game but even if they are deemed fit for this weekend I highly doubt they'll be thrown into the derby with little match fitness. Hughes should be available for selection this weekend as well after returning from international duty so I think he'll be on the bench at the very least as well. The only change I could see from your side would be Kuzmanovski replacing Espindola and hopefully Zullo replacing Clisby.
I think Clisby is a solid back-up.

I'd rather have Espindola tbh. He looks very promising to me at least, despite his lack of strength.

Good win, could have scored more.

Had Kisborbo for first goalscorer. I always chuck a tenner on him and it's paid off a couple of times. Odds were only $29 though which is a far cry from the first time I got him at $41.

Is it just me, or does your team look much better when Koren isn't on the field? It just seems that Mooy becomes such an influential attacking play maker when Koren isn't on the field and, despite being a Victory supporter, I prefer seeing Mooy playing his best position for the sake of the Socceroos.

Is it just me, or does your team look much better when Koren isn't on the field? It just seems that Mooy becomes such an influential attacking play maker when Koren isn't on the field and, despite being a Victory supporter, I prefer seeing Mooy playing his best position for the sake of the Socceroos.
I agree. Koren doesn't really add anything to our side when Mooy is there.

Mooy is class, he will be gone in January you would think and our season is pretty much over. He held the ball a lot more yesterday than usual; confidence has grown hugely. Sometimes he needs to pull the trigger earlier but he just creates time the more he has it. Great to watch.

Mooy is class, he will be gone in January you would think and our season is pretty much over. He held the ball a lot more yesterday than usual; confidence has grown hugely. Sometimes he needs to pull the trigger earlier but he just creates time the more he has it. Great to watch.

He is contracted and our marquee so he is on decent coin. He certainly may be off but the club will get a couple of mill out of it.

Yep.

Mooy puts the team on his back and pulls all the strings when it's just him there. Him and Koren in the same side just seems to be 2 players sort of trying to do the same thing, just doesn't work. Let Mooy just roam around the middle and do his thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suppose I'll introduce myself.

For those who post on the main board, you'll probably know I'm a massive football (mostly EPL) fan.

I've struggled over the years to really feel an association to a club, due to the poor standard of play.

This season, I've decided to make a really concerted effort to get into it.

Playing fantasy, watching as many games as I can and I went to watch 'us' last week. What a collapse.

I'm quite enjoying it. I still struggle at times with the quality of the play, but Mooy is a really good player, fantastic to watch.

Fornarolli again tonight showed how talented he could be and I've read about Novillo and I understand why after seeing tonight's cameo. He looked dynamic.

With all that positivity, jeez we look vulnerable at the back. Even at 3-0, I didn't feel totally comfortable.

Retre looks really impressive on the ball but I thought he got an absolute bath by Dugandzic when he went out to his wing, and Adelaide were clearly going through him.

I don't think Franjic is any good at international level (the opposite) but the quicker he gets back the better.

Not convinced on Chapman/Kisnorbo combination, either, but there aren't many other options.

Just don't think the team has the confidence or concentration to just sit deep and ground out a win at times. Last weeks collapse you could see coming for ages.

Also think we look a bit open through midfield. Paartalu popping up with the goal was handy, but got caught in possession quite a few times.

Williams was dangerous, as he was last week, his final ball sometimes lets him down but think he's a good option up there.

It'll be really interesting to see how we set up next week up front against WSW.

Lots of options.

Fornarolli, Gamiero, Dekker, Williams, Novillo, Mauk and even the young Kuzmanovski. Great to have so many options.

WSW had their first CS last week, be interesting to see how they go this week.

I've bought my membership (albeit through my cousin who works there) and I'll be a regular attendee.

Hoping the club can start to grow, less than 8k on a Friday night was disappointing.

Fwiw I think Novillo, Fornarolli and Williams start next week, with the impressive Mauk drop a bit deeper for paartalu.

Are there any other options in the squad for our full backs?

Go city !

Should be in the state league.

Agree that one particular effort was poor but without a doubt in the last 20 minutes he was looking your most likely to create.

Great assist for cirio's goal.

Forced Sorensen into a big save and 6 of his passes led to shots.

He certainly wasn't your issue tonight.

Agree that one particular effort was poor but without a doubt in the last 20 minutes he was looking your most likely to create.

Great assist for cirio's goal.

Forced Sorensen into a big save and 6 of his passes led to shots.

He certainly wasn't your issue tonight.
Never said he was our issue but he is tripe. Ask any City/Victory/Adelaide fan and they'll say the same. Victory and City fans should be extremely happy he isn't with them any more.

His career stats aren't great, admittedly, but tonight he was good. Hard for me to comment on his career, however will argue all night he was in your best few tonight.

Even Raphael Clarke played well in a few games. Doesn't mean that he wasn't tripe, but in those games, he was good

He basically is the Raphael Clarke of our squad.

Well again, it's difficult for me to comment on his career as a whole as I've seen him play, maybe 8 times.

Simply commenting that tonight, he looked most likely to create.

Certainly his career stats of

114 appearances for 19 goals and 13 assists don't read great.

However, for comparisons sakes Mitch Nicholls from WSW 139 for 24 and 13....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back