The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't be too certain he's gone just yet.
Given Sorensen has been a done deal for quite some time, I suspect they are trying to bring him in as an Aussie once the season starts.
Doesn't make sense to have kept him around otherwise. He's eligible for permanent residency some time in October I think.
I may be jumping the gun as usual. Nothing on teh Twitters except the Sorensen posts.

I wouldn't be too certain he's gone just yet.
Given Sorensen has been a done deal for quite some time, I suspect they are trying to bring him in as an Aussie once the season starts.
Doesn't make sense to have kept him around otherwise. He's eligible for permanent residency some time in October I think.
I think something must be in the works along these lines. He should also be eligible for the new loyalty clause as far as I know.

Otherwise hanging around with no contract makes no sense.

Germano has been released. Shame to see him go as he was one of my favorites.

I don't know why he was retained for basically 80% of the off-season if was to be released; or why he would hang around with no contract on the horizon.

Perfect draw for us in the FFA Cup quarters against Heidelberg United. Still won't be easy though.

It certainly should be.

City have signed ex Burnley defender Callum Richardson on a injury replacement for three months. Played the friendly v Oakleigh the other week
Isn't he Australian? Doesn't that mean he doesn't have to be injury replacement?

Isn't he Australian? Doesn't that mean he doesn't have to be injury replacement?
My mail is that he has been signed as injury replacement for Brown.
A few of the media outlets are saying that our roster is now full, however I'm not sure if that's the case due to the youth spots.
Be good if we were able to get some clarification.

A few days out, what are we hoping to see? I would like to see something like:

Sorenson
Franjic - Hughes - Kisnorbo - Zullo
Koren - Paartalu - Mooy
Kuzmanovski - Fornaroli - Gameiro
Gameiro still injured? I don't expect Novillo to play unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So apparently Luke Brattan has signed for Manchester City and will apparently be loaned to Melbourne City. Now he's a great player, although I don't see where he fits in our midfield 3, but I really hope we're not doing anything shady to exploit a loophole in the salary cap system to get Brattan on loan from our sister club or anything like that. It would be disappointing if that's the case.

Decided i'm going to follow City.
I watched a bit of them last season and while they had a so so season i enjoyed their style.
Also Aaron Mooy is a great player, when will he be back?
I assume he would be busy with the Socceroos for some time.
Mooy played yesterday. They flew him back first class from Jordan.

Mooy played yesterday. They flew him back first class from Jordan.

Ah nice, i was working so didn't catch the game.
The derby next week should be a ripper.
While i prefer the EPL it's good to see the A-League is getting better.
At least i'll have more sport to follow during the summer.
I find Cricket & Tennis extremely boring

I think next match we'll go with something like:

Sorenson
Retre - Chapman - Kisnorbo - Clisby
Mooy - Paartalu - Koren
Espindola - Fornaroli - Dekker
Is Zullo back soon? I see he's not listed in the A-League injury list. Could he come back this game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back