The Mighty Claremont Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Decent enough side!

Assume this is limited to a certain era? Otherwise weren’t the krakoeurs Claremont boys? Graham Moss?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's an article I read which selected from the AFL era. I did one from 1980 in post 387.

edit - I did it a while ago - Jeremy McGovern would get a game now.

What era was this side chosen from? 1987 onwards?
The likes of Jim Krakouer, Phil Krakouer, Graham Moss, Michael Mitchell, Ken Hunter, Warren Ralph etc would walk in to that team with ease if from 1980-!

I did this one a while back (below). 1980 - 2015

As I posted before, McGovern would be in now. Some good players unlucky: Annear, Shaw, Betts, Davidson Panizza. You can add McGovern, Hamling, Barrass and DeBoar. I think one of the McAdams played for us for a while in the mid 80s as well.

Might have a go at tweeking it soon to include up to 2020.

My best from Tigers team:

FB: Ken Hunter, Ashley McIntosh, Eric McKenzie
HB: Guy McKenna, Peter Mann, Dale Kickett
Ce: Michael Mitchell, Wayne Blackwell, Derek Kickett
HF: Nathan Fyfe, Jesse Hogan, Phill Krackour
FF: Chris Lewis, Warren Ralph, Clive Waterhouse
Foll: Graham Moss, Ben Allen, Jim Krackour
Int: Don Pyke, Steve Malaxos, Tom Mitchell, Michael Gardner
Em: Chad Fletcher, Tony Evans, Noel Morton

p.s. would love to have a crack at the Swans one. Nic Nat, Beasley, Coniglio and Narkle... delicious.

Great side you have named there WilloTree
Having a quick crack at an AFL SD team from that era 1980-2020 to play against our old sparring partners the Claremont Tigers you have named above-

FB: Craig Holden, Alex Rance, Adam Hunter
HB: Neville Jetta, Murray Rance, Lewis Jetta
CE: Phil Narkle, Leon Baker, Andrew Embley
HF: Mike Richardson, Garry Sidebottom, Michael Walters
FF: Scott Cummings, Simon Beasley, Charlie Cameron
RU: Nic Naitanui, Andrew Krakouer, Stephen Coniglio
INT: Peter Sartori, Jason Ball, Chris Yarran, Troy Ugle, Jeff Garlett, Brad Shine, Gerard Neesham, Stephen O'Reilly, Alan Sidebottom, Beau McDonald, Don Holmes, Nathan Broad, Craig Callaghan, Rory Lobb

Having a quick crack at an AFL SD team from that era 1980-2020 to play against our old sparring partners the Claremont Tigers you have named above-

INT: Peter Sartori, Jason Ball, Chris Yarran, Troy Ugle, Jeff Garlett, Brad Shine, Gerard Neesham, Stephen O'Reilly, Alan Sidebottom, Beau McDonald, Don Holmes, Nathan Broad, Craig Callaghan, Rory Lobb
Awesome!

O'Rielly / Rance is a hard one.

Are you not claiming Clive as well? Go on.

Boucher unlucky - played and held his own against Moss and Stephen Michael. Michael reckons he was the toughest opponent he played against.

I'd probably pick Neesham over Krakouer, which reminds me to add him to my team as well :)

Nah not claiming Clive or Lachie Neale, Ash Hansen etc just the ones who were drafted/recruited to the vfl/afl directly from playing at SD.
Big Ron didnt actually play in the vfl but could easily have, he would actually have suited their more congested physical style on smaller, slower grounds.

Won’t claim to be an expert with a ton of knowledge of the WAFL but that sides in good shape if a dual AFL premiership player is on an extended bench. Big fan of Broad and I’ll be disappointed to see him go if all rumors are true.

Won’t claim to be an expert with a ton of knowledge of the WAFL but that sides in good shape if a dual AFL premiership player is on an extended bench. Big fan of Broad and I’ll be disappointed to see him go if all rumors are true.

It says something about those other players, as Broad is not fit to be in the same change room.

Some bloody good players listed.

Great effort from the boys in a game that could have gone either way.

Bulldogs got kissed on the dick, in the last five minutes, when the umps put the whistles away with the HTB in our forward 50.

This team has been building over several years and the future for the Club is bright.

Sucks to loose the game but we played with great effort and spirit and never gave up.

Chins up..... dust ourselves off.... front up and go around again next season.

We are not far away from another flag.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Triple Choke for you blokes yesterday....hard luck.... Souths had everything go their way this season, finished top, got given a home GF(in a s**t hole), I am sure they made a fortune from the game, kissed on the utensil big time....but good luck to them!

Triple Choke for you blokes yesterday....hard luck.... Souths had everything go their way this season, finished top, got given a home GF(in a sh*t hole), I am sure they made a fortune from the game, kissed on the utensil big time....but good luck to them!

Not quite sure the point of your post, you start of with a real knob jockey comment "Triple Choke for you blokes yesterday ".

I thought it was a pretty good effort, getting all three teams into a grand final.

Colts were expected to win and lost ... pay that as a choke.
Reserves did exceptionally well to make it to the GF, from where they finished and were not expected to trouble East Perth ... game panned out that way.

League played in an epic GF and one that could have gone either way, but we went down by three points, which by the way is 18 points closer than your mob got to the Bulldogs a week earlier.
Was your teams effort a choke ?

Souths have been a pretty good team over two years now and as much as it hurts to loose the GF, they have paid their dues and you cant begrudge them that.

Yes ! Souths got a lot of breaks and the main beef I have with that is, that it appeared that a lot more tickets to the game were available to Souths supporters... funny about that.

Game should have never been played there is should have been played at Leederville .

So back to my opening comment ... not sure if your post is meant to be antagonistic or supportive, but the "choke comment " suggests it was intended to be, a
back handed comment at best.

We are a small but proud Club that has had a pretty good record in the past 30 years.

Thing is, you have to be willing to loose the game in order to win it.
If you ain't in it ....... you got SFA chance of winning it.

Came up short this year, so acknowledged, but solid foundations have been laid for the years going forward.

Last edited:
Anyone got the inside word on why Harro was sacked? From the outside seems incredibly harsh, but you never know what goes on behind the scenes - relationship wise i guess :think:

Anyone got the inside word on why Harro was sacked? From the outside seems incredibly harsh, but you never know what goes on behind the scenes - relationship wise i guess :think:

My info is that No1 player and Harro did not see eye to eye, board had to make decision and they did....so No1 player won!

Hope he returns back to the Falcons nest, we love him there, he deserves better

Full version of the Claremont theme song with the instrumental portion, first time it has been posted on YouTube

Time to revive some energy into Tigerland.

I looked at composing a Claremont AFL Team and here is what I got.

I may have missed some but its a pretty decent line up for 2022.

View attachment 1384940

Dang, that's a pretty good line up.

In some ways it's a shame Claremont isn't in the AFL. We are usually one of the strongest teams outside of the national comp, but not enough supporters.
When I grew up I got to watch Claremont play VFL sides on occasion and we would do ok.
It's the reason I changed my allegiance to Fremantle when they formed. About half of Claremonts squad and our coach, it was like watching Claremont play in the AFL.

What a brilliant day at Revo today. Our WAFLW seniors and reserved went premiers.

The thing I noticed was how whole of club and inclusive the WAFLW had made it. I have noticed more and more women around the club and the spirit is flowing

Our opponents The Sharks are also a really strong club so credit for having a team in all 3 grand finals today

I am especially proud of our draftees and sign ons - Goranova, Smith, Western, Scanlon, Elkington and Doumanis.

Of these, only Western and Scanlon played today.

I have been lucky to experience a few grand final wins for Claremont and this today felt as special as the mens

Well another GF appearance next weekend against The Garlic Munchers.

The boys did themselves and the Club proud today.

Whilst we went in to the game underdogs, I was quietly confident, that if we played with the same intensity and pressure that we showed against Peel last weekend then we would give East Fremantle a run for their money, as it was thats the way out played out.

I have to give East Fremantle a nod of respect, what a wonderful season they have had.
You have to admire the way they have played this season after having Strnadica, Dixon and Joyce poached off their list to bolster the Eagles at very late notice and then Teakle being drafted in the mid season draft by Port.

Thats quite a raid on their better talent that they lost during the season and its amazing that they did so well, with out the players mentioned above.

Going to be a good match up Us V The Munchers, two pretty even sides.

On a side not Harris gets to coach against the Team that gave him the flick after going so close against South Fremantle in 2020.
I am still pissed that the maggots put the whistle away in the last five minutes, reckon we had four holding the ball decisions not paid to us for great tackles, all with in 30 meters of goals.

We get the chance to add our 13th Premiership to the Clubs history books.

Bring it on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back