The next AFC Senior Assistant

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well we seem to be running out of chat on who will be the next AFC coach, so who do we dream of as the senior assistant to guide our new Alpha through the finer details of being the big-dog?

Let's assume we are getting one of Dew / Bolton / Bassett.

Go.

I'll go with:

Dew - Eade
Bolton - Ratten
Bassett - Blight

Well we seem to be running out of chat on who will be the next AFC coach, so who do we dream of as the senior assistant to guide our new Alpha through the finer details of being the big-dog?

Let's assume we are getting one of Dew / Bolton / Bassett.

Go.

I'll go with:

Dew - Eade
Bolton - Ratten
Bassett - Blight
I like frog cakes.

I like frog cakes.

49823316.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what is the definition of "Senior" in relation to this thread? A coach that experience in the head coaching role at a AFL club? Or an assistant coach who is "senior" to the other assistance and plays a second in command type role?

What I saw with Sando was that when Bailey became unavailable the club didn't replace his role, expecting that either Sando no longer needed one (or felt that he could "get by" until Bailey became available once more), or that one of the other assistants would stand up. Based on Sando's interview with 5AA a few weeks back he certainly appeared frustrated with the lack of support from the remainder of the coaching staff.

Anyway, in regards to the "Senior" assistant this time around, I don't think it's necessary if you have the right man. Sando was left with too much baggage in regards to the other assistants at the club, who didn't appear to progress beyond coaching their particular subsection of the team.

This time around, the broom needs to be applied to the club, and the new coach, whoever it is must be given complete control of what team he thinks is needed around him.

Zero senior assistant is just the latest fad buzz word

I'm with you.

Get Bassett, if you have a gun coach, why do you need a senior assistant?

When Sando starting grasping at straws towards the end of the year, saying how badly he needed a senior assistant, it was pathetic; if you need a senior assistant, then you shouldn't be the head coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back